Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit thinks more pressure is on Notre Dame than Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit thinks more pressure is on Notre Dame than Clemson

Nov 4, 2020, 1:18 PM

Kirk Herbstreit thinks more pressure is on Notre Dame than Clemson

The top four contest between No. 1 Clemson and No. 4 Notre Dame is just three days away. ESPN analysts previewed the highly anticipated matchup with Kirk Herbst Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit thinks more pressure is on Notre Dame than Clemson

Nov 4, 2020, 1:30 PM

I'd love to se us blow them out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2020, 2:06 PM

is it me or does most of the national media have the laziest takes with regards to the BC game?

"I think (D.J.) Uiagalelei played a lot better as the game went on like any quarterback you'd expect to see with getting a little bit more reps. I thought he played more decisive when they got behind."

how is herbie going to say DJ played better as the game went on and got more decisive when Clemson got behind? considering BC scored first then, sure, technically Clemson was behind the first 3 quarters of the game, I guess it makes sense. But it just seems like a super lazy, mental gymnastics take when you consider DJ scored on his first possession with a decisive throw to ETN out of the backfield on a blitz...then DJ went on to score on 5 of his next 7 possessions, punting only once and then almost scoring on the other if not for the fumble recovery. what is herbie talking about?

"I'm more concerned about their defense," he said. "You take James Skalski out of the middle of that defense and all the games he's played, Tyler Davis at that inside enforcer (role). That's a concern, Mike Jones Jr. is trying to come back. Davis is trying to come back that could help them but I'm just not used to seeing their defense give up some plays and I know they're high on their secondary but we don't know yet enough about their secondary and if I'm Notre Dame, and that's the one area you wonder with Ian Book and his receivers. Do they have what it takes to protect Book and then can they make some plays on the perimeter in their passing game. I think that might be the best way of trying to move the ball on Clemson."

this take is so lazy. clemson gave up less than 300 yards TOTAL, most of which came on the FIRST TWO DRIVES, but then BC scored on ONE of their last SEVEN drives. they gave up some plays in the beginning of the game, and then....nothing? what are you talking about Herbie?

finally, the notre dame take is also lazy. if you're concerned about tyler davis and skalski and mike jones jr being out, why would you want notre dame to attempt to "make some plays on the perimeter in their passing game"...Notre Dame has no perimeter passing game, and they haven't had much of a passing game outside of their TEs all year. They haven't played a team with a winning schedule, and still have not been able to throw the ball, and yet you think the best way to move the ball against clemson, with possibly two starting linebackers and their best dlineman out, is to pass on the perimeter?

boo this man

Nov 4, 2020, 2:16 PM

I get your points about DJ, but I also get Kirk's. DJ played great from the start, but we did end up scoring only 13 points in the first half. Obviously part of that is turning the ball over at our 1 yard line, but I can certainly understand how it would appear that we opened things up and got better on offense in the second half.

In terms of the defense, I also agree with some of your points. I was surprised myself after watching the game to look at the stats and see that we gave up less than 300 yards. I think you have to consider though that their touchdown on defense gave them 1 less offensive series which limited some of their yards, and that we had some penalties on defense that allowed them to move down the field without incurring offensive yards. Our defense certainly played a lot better in the 2nd half, but I can still understand why people would question our defense after this game, especially when it comes to defending the pass.

All good points

Nov 5, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit thinks more pressure is on Notre Dame than Clemson ]

Unfortunately, Herbie's take is unquestioned by a LOT of people, including other media members. I was thrilled to see the early Heisman hype for TL because that's how the trophy is won these days. It's a media-driven award and the media is lazy. Just a bunch of lemmings who fall in line with whatever they hear.

I'm afraid we'll have to RUTS with TL playing late for the rest of the season if he's going to win it. Not Dabo's style though. So, thanks to Covid, it's not looking good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It's obvious Kirk hasn't seen the depth chart

Nov 4, 2020, 1:43 PM

we have everyone back, but Skalski. He needs to do his homework unless he's looking for angle to make the game interesting.

Tigers WIN!

Re: It's obvious Kirk hasn't seen the depth chart

Nov 4, 2020, 2:09 PM

We have the depth chart, but our very own coaches are saying they should know more about the playing status for Davis and Jones after practice today, so there's been no official announcement as of yet that they're back. There's a good chance that they're back this weekend, but we don't know for sure yet.

Can we change the photo of Herbstreit to this?

Nov 4, 2020, 10:16 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we change the photo of Herbstreit to this?

Nov 5, 2020, 1:04 AM

Y'all leave Herbie alone. He is a proud father of two Tiger players. He's one of us and probably has more insider knowledge about Clemson than any other reporter.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic