Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can anyone identify this picture?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Can anyone identify this picture?

Jul 12, 2020, 1:29 PM

My aunt recently passed away, and I found this picture in one of her albums.It may be from the 40's at Clemson when my dad was a student......I think from the uniform this may be a professor........any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like he is standing in front of Wannamaker Hall***

Jul 12, 2020, 1:41 PM

Re: Looks like he is standing in front of Wannamaker Hall***

Jul 12, 2020, 3:31 PM

Definitely Wannamaker. I used to live there.

yep

Jul 12, 2020, 1:47 PM

Barracks at Clemson.jpg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It could also be Bowen Hall on the frat quad.

Jul 12, 2020, 2:20 PM

It just depends on whether the curb at the bottom of his feet is the steps going to Fike Fieldhouse or the ramp coming down from Godfrey.

Re: It could also be Bowen Hall on the frat quad.

Jul 12, 2020, 2:34 PM

Looks like the frat quad to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can anyone identify this picture?

Jul 12, 2020, 2:46 PM

Yews.......it is the Frat Quad.

Jul 12, 2020, 2:56 PM

The apparent age makes him look like a prof or administrator, but that uniform was worn by cadets. I still have my dad's, minus the hat. I think the navy blue coat was an every day outfit - it has plain buttons and plain cloth, kind of like a pea coat, with no patches, rank stripes or insignia, unlike the dressier gray tunic. Maybe some guys on here even older than me go back to the military days and could enlighten us on the uniform protocols.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frat Quad*

Jul 12, 2020, 3:03 PM

Nm

Jul 12, 2020, 4:16 PM

Professors did not wear uniforms except the ROTC professors who were active military and they wore their army uniform. That is Old Second Barracks in the background. First Barracks is the building to the right. Third Battacks was to the left and faced the Calhoun Home. The blue jacket was the daily winter coat. For dress and parades we wore a gray jacket with brass buttons, rank insignia, and other decorations. The only time we were out of uniform was for Labs and then we would have to go straight to the barracks and put our uniforms on. At summer parades, like Mothers Day, we wore the gray jacket and white pants. A classy look. Those were the good old days. Fond memories.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic