Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cam Newton at it again...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 95
| visibility 1

Cam Newton at it again...

Apr 24, 2016, 4:02 PM

Oh the arrogance and continued off the field antics

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/cam-newton-hops-playground-fence-to-play-football-with-davidson-7th-graders/237582947

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cam Newton at it again...

Apr 24, 2016, 4:13 PM

That's great Cam did this. But why word your post the way you did? It's as if you're looking for conflict...

Was gonna use the word "fight" but went with conflict instead

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Just being sarcastic...

Apr 24, 2016, 4:14 PM

because the Cam hate makes no sense to me.

I'm a Panthers fan and I'm still not crazy about Cam

Apr 24, 2016, 4:17 PM

I know he does a lot of good in the community and that's great. There is something about him and his on the field and media antics that makes me not like him. He's a showboat, which isn't unusual in sports, DeShaun Watson does the whole superman thing, but there's just something about Cam that I don't like personally. I think a lot of people feel the same way.

Which is my point with the sarcasm, you can't list a reason

Apr 24, 2016, 4:23 PM

to dislike him. You just say you don't like him. You can't call him a showboater because his celebrations don't last that long. On the field celebrations having been going in the NFL since the early 70's, so it ain't nothing new for a player to celebrate. There have been a ton of players before and now that do more elaborate or longer celebrations. Also, Cam doesn't taunt anybody. The people who complain about "showboating" when there is no taunting, are the people with a broom stuck up their #### who don't believe in having any fun in football.

I can call him anything I want to

Apr 24, 2016, 4:26 PM

I can also like or dislike anyone...He's arrogant and comes across as very self centered.

I would definitely say he taunts - with the whole first down thing every time he gets a first down. It's unnecessary. He also blatantly stomped on another player...

Message was edited by: gville76®

That's right you can, I was just pointing out...

Apr 24, 2016, 5:14 PM

you don't really have a reason to hate him. You're just looking for anything to hate him. And no, he doesn't taunt any opposing players by doing the first down symbol thing, which is also done by a ton of NFL players. Which means there a ton of NFL players out there for you dislike. So how many NFL players do you hate, the list must be long with your reasons or lack there of for hating Cam.

Re: I can call him anything I want to

Apr 24, 2016, 6:23 PM [ in reply to I can call him anything I want to ]

He's never stomped any player.

You are probably many of the other people I know that hate Cam and like to call him the N word after every reds conference, TD, or first down. People hate him because he's black. It's that simple.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 24, 2016, 6:25 PM

Press**

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 24, 2016, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I can call him anything I want to ]

Oh yea, that makes perfect sense - because I don't like him you think it's because of his race??? Wow, sound logic on your part. I despise Peyton Manning as well - does that mean I don't like him because he's white according to your logic?

Re: Which is my point with the sarcasm, you can't list a reason

Apr 24, 2016, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Which is my point with the sarcasm, you can't list a reason ]

TK, he just listed several reasons why he doesn't like him. I pull for the panthers and he's not my favorite player. I don't totally dislike him but I can see why lots of people would not like him at all. He does have a cockiness and a bit of arrogance about him. He does showboat. If he can take the criticism for it and his teammates and coaches don't have a problem with it then I guess it doesn't matter what we think. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

No, he listed one reason which I poked a hole through...

Apr 24, 2016, 5:17 PM

His celebrations are very tame compared to the over 40 years of celebrations in the NFL. Saying a person is arrogant without stating what makes him arrogant isn't a reason.

You didn't poke a hole through ####

Apr 24, 2016, 5:35 PM

I stated my opinion, you stated yours. So from your logic - your opinion is greater than mine? Please explain how one opinion is greater than another...Opinions are subjective...

Re: You didn't poke a hole through ####

Apr 24, 2016, 5:41 PM

The hole poke comes when you don't have a consistent opinion of other players in the league that behave similarly. No one hates Rodgers even though he marketed his celebrations, no one hates Brady (well at least for his in field stuff) for acting arrogant and berating other teammates. They just call them winners. I'm not sure it's racism with everyone that feels this way as it might be with the few that have persisted with enough that it has become a meme of its own.

You are projecting, and that's not fair to gville76.

Apr 24, 2016, 5:50 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You are projecting, and that's not fair to gville76.

Apr 24, 2016, 5:52 PM

Projecting what? I'm as white as month old dog crap?

You are bringing up other players as examples to make your

Apr 24, 2016, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: You didn't poke a hole through #### ]

point, assuming gville holds those views. That's not fair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Exactly FM - there are plenty of other players I don't care

Apr 24, 2016, 6:01 PM

for...

I was just responding to the player the OP mentioned

Then just stop watching the NFL, if you dislike so many...

Apr 24, 2016, 8:18 PM

players.

Yes, but you couldn't go into detail about the reasons you..

Apr 24, 2016, 7:49 PM [ in reply to You didn't poke a hole through #### ]

don't like him. You just came out with two things that had nothing to back up the assertions. And yes I did poke a hole in your "showboating" thing, by pointing out Cam does simple celebrations and a ton of players do longer and more elaborate celebrations. I never said My opinion was great than your's. And like I pointed out you must hate a lot of NFL players since there a ton that do more elaborate and longer celebrations, and also do the first down symbol. JJ Watt does just as much celebrating as Cam does, and actually mixes it up more with his celebrations. So I guess you really hate JJ Watt too.

I just wanted see your reasoning behind your dislike of Cam, that was it. Because I don't get the Cam hate. You couldn't elaborate past what you originally posted, when I asked if you had a more detailed explanation. No point in getting that angry about it. After all Cam did just lead your Panthers, who doesn't have any weapons on offense outside Olsen and Stewart, to a Super Bowl appearance. So that's on you if you want to keep on hating the Franchise QB that is making your team good.

Re: Yes, but you couldn't go into detail about the reasons you..

Apr 24, 2016, 7:53 PM

IMHO Cam is the most HATED PLAYER in the NFL.. that crap with the towel around his head just makes me turn it off!!! I never watch a panther game because of Cam

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, but you couldn't go into detail about the reasons you..

Apr 24, 2016, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Yes, but you couldn't go into detail about the reasons you.. ]

Congrats, every single thing you said in your first paragraph is completely false. It's easy to prove your point when you just make stuff up out of nowhere.

when will you be changing screen names again?

Apr 24, 2016, 8:23 PM

Are you yorktiger or clemtiger117. They both have new official screen names. So this is your backup screen name then.

So posing after everytime you run for a first down at home

Apr 24, 2016, 6:11 PM [ in reply to No, he listed one reason which I poked a hole through... ]

is tame? What did guys past do, pose after three or four yard runs?

Guess you haven't watched football since the 60's...

Apr 24, 2016, 7:52 PM

Celebrations have been around over 40 years in football. You're acting as if this is something new and shocking. And yes doing the first down symbol is tame as long as you're not taunting a defender while doing it.

You are incorrect if you are stating that it has been common

Apr 24, 2016, 8:53 PM

for guys to stand away from the other players, for close to five seconds, and pose for a simple first down. If you're claiming that is a "typical" form of celebratory behavior, you are wrong.

Re: No, he listed one reason which I poked a hole through...

Apr 24, 2016, 7:36 PM [ in reply to No, he listed one reason which I poked a hole through... ]

Good Lord you are the gift that keeps on giving. How can one person just he flat out wrong on everything.

I don't know what you're watching if you think cams celebrations are tame. He literally had an opposing player try to fight him because he was dancing longer than I've ever seen a football player dance in the middle of a game. He over does every celebration which sets him apart from others that celebrate. Every time he gets a first down he celebrates. Name another player that does that. Some do it occasionally, but not all the time like scam. He is a camera ##### when things are going his way and a little whiny crybaby bytch when they aren't. Name another top player that acts like that. People have a legitimate reason to dislike the guy.

You must have never seen Deion Sanders, Ernest Givens,....

Apr 24, 2016, 8:10 PM

Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, Michael Irvin, Andre Rison, the Redskins 80's WR's team up celebration, Billy Whiteshoes Johnson, Icky Woods, or about a hundred other players with longer and more elaborate celebrations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNGQ8v4o9W0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEaQUVLsItE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAufsbOoQws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py5NfEv6c6s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEOSwohJlQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiivALPXjNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EVm7fi0iQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM4RPYgiLm4&index=1&list=PLZ_icW_qr_nlsTv48S429BTsQRGQrX5fG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbrtVZLZFNg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3me5JCksfJw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53ZFnSmkYX4

Hmmm, all touchdowns, not first downs runs. Interesting.***

Apr 24, 2016, 8:55 PM

Here are your first down celebrations which you claim don't

Apr 25, 2016, 7:56 PM

happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LlnVakBrKU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EebrynDpjg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lucXpF66R6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTSLkOCod9M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkspBugcYi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t_8FKhbl5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqguHYrecs0

Like I said before, it seems you haven't been watching the NFL since the 60's

Name another QB who acts the way you're describing, ok...

Apr 24, 2016, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: No, he listed one reason which I poked a hole through... ]

that's simple Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. So you must really hate those two, because both of them can act like 2 year old children when things aren't going their way. Even with winning the past Super Bowl Peyton had a sour face for most of the game and after too, because his health prevented him from putting up the ridiculous numbers he used to put up. So by your reasoning you hate Brady and Manning just as much as you hate Cam.

Watching him completely fail in the SB

Apr 24, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Which is my point with the sarcasm, you can't list a reason ]

Made the memory I will cherish forever . I hope he never sniffs another one , and that shellacking will become what his legacy will be . That would make me happy .

That should place me squarely in the Cam-dislikers camp , shouldn't it ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Says the person who has accomplished nothing athletically...

Apr 24, 2016, 8:15 PM

their whole entire life.

Re: Says the person who has accomplished nothing athletically...

Apr 24, 2016, 8:26 PM

I played starting safety on a 4A state championship runner up .
In pop warner , my first 2 touches of the football went for touchdowns .
I won a pool tournament once .
What did you mean nothing , because those trophies are still shining .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

lots of people can say those things...

Apr 24, 2016, 8:36 PM

I got some too from childhood and teenage years, but ain't a soul remembering those. So yes it is nothing when you are either the only person or one of a few that remember that. Everybody is going to remember Cam Newton, not you. What have you done to be remember by people nationally, heck even statewide? Plus nobody remembers runner ups in HS championships, except the people who played on the runner ups. So did you get scholarship offers in football, did you get recruiting letters? If what you listed is all you got, then it matches up with what millions of American have done in their athletic lives.

How can you say what TD23 accomplished while in HS

Apr 24, 2016, 11:00 PM

is nothing? Who are you to judge his, or any one else's accomplishments? I'm sure Dug is quite proud of that and will always remember it. You are a really bitter and sour person. What have you done with your life that allows you to think you can sit atop a perch and judge others achievements?

You do have that whole "you're stronger than the average American male" thing going for you though...

Message was edited by: gville76®

Re: How can you say what TD23 accomplished while in HS

Apr 25, 2016, 12:05 AM

It's simple y'all all white people have to like all black players or they're racist. Signed tigerking

I wonder if he even realizes he is a race baiting bigot or does he really not understand that sometimes different personalities don't mesh and it has nothing to do with skin color

Sorry wrong on that liar I didn't say a thing about race dumbarse...

Apr 25, 2016, 3:18 PM

that was another posters take, not mine. Learn how to read so you know who is posting what

Re: How can you say what TD23 accomplished while in HS

Apr 25, 2016, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Re: How can you say what TD23 accomplished while in HS ]

I know that some people are always going to whine about showboating and it has nothing to do with race. That's why I in no shape or form mentioned race. So quit projecting your own opinions on to me.

thats all you could come up with? Be original next time***

Apr 25, 2016, 3:15 PM [ in reply to How can you say what TD23 accomplished while in HS ]

Re: lots of people can say those things...

Apr 25, 2016, 6:09 AM [ in reply to lots of people can say those things... ]

Of course nobody thinks about me on a national or even state level . I was merely stating good memories in my long ago past , Al Bundy would be proud .
What I don't get is this love affair you have with a professional football player and why you seem bent on defending his reputation on a message board . They dude has done enough to merit the negatives being spoken about him , and in most logical folks minds he still has a long way to go to clear that image . He should probably ask his father to never do another interview on his behalf ...that would go a long way in refreshing his name among his detractors.
Anyway , you keep polishing that Cam Newton fathead in your mom's spare bedroom ( aka the TK79 Cam-Cave ) and wondering how it is that your opinions and ideas are constantly met with disagreement and are discounted by most .

DB23

Apr 25, 2016, 6:56 AM

POTY. I wish I could give this 1000 tu's. Great post, you nailed that loser Queenie. It really is amazing how every single one of his thoughts are discredited and argued by everyone all the time. Could you imagine having to be around this person in real life?

Apr 25, 2016, 7:11 AM

I get the impression that it's a adolescent/teenager we are dealing with here .
Why argue for the sake of arguing ? Why defend the seemingly indefensible ?
If I were using Erikson's levels of psychosocial development as a guide to assessing what i've read of TK79's TNet postings , I would place him/her in either the adolescent or young adult phases . My bet is that TK79 is an isolated , middle class suburban kid who has grown up on the internet and takes comfort in his solace there , no matter how misguided and un-rounded that type of life actually is .

DB23

Apr 25, 2016, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: lots of people can say those things... ]

LOL you hit the nail right on the head.
Queenie is such a prick I bet his mom even hates him.

Says the person with the hate affair***

Apr 25, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: lots of people can say those things... ]

Re: Says the person with the hate affair***

Apr 25, 2016, 6:22 PM

If that's not the kettle calling the pot black I don't know what is.

You're constantly race baiting and stirring up sh!t on these boards.

You're the one who brought up race in this discussion not me

Apr 25, 2016, 7:59 PM

I didn't even allude to it. Hadn't said a word about it in this thread. So don't project your own opinions on to me, and claim I stated something when it was you who brought up race.

Re: You're the one who brought up race in this discussion not me

Apr 25, 2016, 8:08 PM

I don't have to project upon you. Outside of this post, nearly all of your post are race baiting

Try harder next time. You got punked by a sarcastic post...

Apr 25, 2016, 8:13 PM

that was poking a little fun at people who have nothing better to do than hating famous people that will effect their life in no mann. Thanks for all the replies, you more than proved my point of how feeble minded people who become celebrity obsessed are absurd.

You get punked on these boards everyday***

Apr 25, 2016, 8:47 PM

Subtle racism**.

Apr 25, 2016, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Which is my point with the sarcasm, you can't list a reason ]

nm

It's like this: As long as he wins, has a nice big smile,

Apr 24, 2016, 5:29 PM [ in reply to I'm a Panthers fan and I'm still not crazy about Cam ]

and plays the role of "nice guy" in the community, he can do whatever he wants and his worshippers will overlook anything negative. Cam may do a lot of charitable work and hand footballs to little kids after TDs, and that's fantastic; but he's also an arrogant showboat, as well as a crybaby, and both of those speak very poorly of his character. Not to mention his history of cheating and shady dealing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

EXACTLY***

Apr 24, 2016, 5:31 PM

Well said

Re: It's like this: As long as he wins, has a nice big smile,

Apr 24, 2016, 5:45 PM [ in reply to It's like this: As long as he wins, has a nice big smile, ]

I will never understand how someone can type/say some one is good to kids does charitable work and with the same mouth call his behavior (that some would retroactively whitewash as a "winners mentality" when it comes to all time greats) a better indicator of poor character.

I don't think I understand your point, but I'll take a stab.

Apr 24, 2016, 6:15 PM

Forgive me if I have misunderstood.

I disapprove of arrogance, particularly arrogance that is proudly and unapologetically displayed, as if it were a desirable thing. I see that all over Cam Newton.

I disapprove of cheating and arrogant disregard for the rules, and a basic lack of integrity. I've never heard him apologize or express remorse for his cheating and stealing in college, or for his involvement in his father's attempt to pimp out his services for big bucks. It seems the goal has always been to do what it takes to make Cam a superstar, and once he's made it, he can do some good works and none of the bad stuff will matter. I don't agree with that line of thinking.

I don't think people like that should be admired, and I don't see how doing good things offsets that (it doesn't).

For what it's worth, there is plenty of it in sports today, it's not just Cam Newton; he just happens to be the one we are discussing, and one of the most famous, and one of the most consistently egregious offenders. Looks like he got it honest, though: http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2016/02/super_bowl_50_cam_newtons_father_credits_himself_for_sons_great_evolution.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He has admitted he made mistakes in college, right here....

Apr 24, 2016, 8:30 PM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/11/cam_newton_refers_to_stolen_la.html

"You're talking about a person six or seven years removed from a stolen laptop – things that people don't really want to talk about – a person that had to go to junior college. It's athletes all in junior college right now asking, 'Am I going to make it? Am I going to get a scholarship?' But I did all of that, and look at who I am today. I'm not saying that to brag or boast. I'm saying that because somebody is listening to this right now and they're in that situation right now where they may have had a mistake that happened, but that doesn't necessarily describe who they are as a person. We all make mistakes. By yet, it's all about how you rebound from that mistake instead of just giving up."

Seems like you need to better inform yourself about people, before passing judgement on them. So you don't see how learning from your mistakes and correcting those is a good thing? And you think that doing tons of charity work after said person has admitted past mistakes is a bad thing? You sure do have warped sense of priorities, and love carrying long term grudges.

He "had a mistake happen".

Apr 24, 2016, 9:28 PM

I get the sense that his ego won't allow him any further public contrition or ownership than that.

If, in using himself as an example, he not only talks about how to bounce back from "mistakes", but how he was wrong to cheat and steal and lie in the first place, and how it's even more important to not do those things to begin with, then good for him.

If he's truly on the straight and narrow now, that's great, and his charity work is admirable. I hold no grudge, I just have an opinion - just like you.

- H. L. Mencken

And part of your opinion was based on false info...

Apr 25, 2016, 8:03 PM

He admitted he was wrong for what he did in college, so your point of not liking him because he never admitted he did wrong things in college. You claimed he never admitted he did wrong, when in fact he has. So what has done that is so bad since college for you to dislike him?

Funny thing, Brady and Manning do the same thing...

Apr 24, 2016, 8:18 PM [ in reply to It's like this: As long as he wins, has a nice big smile, ]

after losing. I've never seen you moan and groan about those 2. Seems like you have different sets of criteria when judging players.

I don't like Brady, in part for the same reasons.

Apr 24, 2016, 8:37 PM

There is a world of difference between the way Peyton Manning conducts himself and the way Cam does.

- H. L. Mencken

You're right on that one, Cam never sexually assaulted a team....

Apr 25, 2016, 3:10 PM

trainer in college. Just bringing that up to keep things consistent, because most of what you dislike about Cam was mistakes he made in college. So you must really have contempt for Manning for what he did in his college years. So which do you think is worse a stolen laptop and pay for play initiated by a father or sexual assault?

Brady is not a good example.

Apr 24, 2016, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Funny thing, Brady and Manning do the same thing... ]

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12892245/poll-shows-new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady-popularity-plummets-53-percent

he's a showboat because he's the best ###### QB in

Apr 24, 2016, 6:18 PM [ in reply to I'm a Panthers fan and I'm still not crazy about Cam ]

pro football right now. You become the best athlete at your position and you have the right to showboat.

I don't think anybody's questioning whether or not he has

Apr 24, 2016, 6:28 PM

the right - just whether or not arrogance and showboating are a good thing. I don't think they are.

- H. L. Mencken

it's great cam turned out to be a remarkable qb & i hope

Apr 25, 2016, 6:04 PM [ in reply to he's a showboat because he's the best ###### QB in ]

he continues to grow as an individual, because if he had to rely on his skills as a thief and/or cheater, he'd likely have starved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's great cam turned out to be a remarkable qb & i hope

Apr 25, 2016, 6:23 PM

That's all folks !

DB23

Why do people hate Tom Brady or

Apr 24, 2016, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Just being sarcastic... ]

Bryce Harper. Cocky and good always get haters. For him to bring race into it makes me hate him now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It always amazes me how oblivious to sarcasm some people can

Apr 24, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Cam Newton at it again... ]

Be.

You are implying I'm oblivious to sarcasm??

Apr 24, 2016, 5:09 PM

Perhaps you should check my post history

Apr 25, 2016, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Cam Newton at it again... ]

That is all he looks for on this site is race baiting fights. It is quite sad.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Well, he is a big baby so that fits.***

Apr 24, 2016, 4:40 PM

Oh Cammy ...

Apr 24, 2016, 5:51 PM

You irascible communitarian , you !

DB23

Apr 24, 2016, 7:04 PM

Cam likes to showboat and celebrate when he's winning. As soon as he loses...he acts like a little b**** and runs out of a post game interview. Hope he never wins a SB. To the other poster who said Cam is the best QB, not true. Tom Brady is the best now and the best of all time. That's coming from a guy who can't stand him either.

Apr 24, 2016, 7:25 PM

Tigerking why is it I never saw you come to the defense of Cole or Ben when they were being destroyed on here? Seems it's ok to to talk smack about some players but not others. People have the right to like or dislike whoever they want and don't need your approval. I bet most people on here's favorite QB is black and next year when he is in the pros (unless he goes to Dallas??) he will still be their favorite. Just because you don't like one black player doesn't make you a racist.

I didn't say a #### thing about race dumbarse...

Apr 25, 2016, 8:23 PM

And I guess by Ben, you mean Ben Boulware. Sorry, but I have never have been on the board and seen Ben Boulware blasted. He has been one of my favorite players ever since he committed And why are you bringing up Cole Stoudt? What was there to defend about him. He just didn't work out, didn't have what it takes to play at the D1 level. It happens, not all players develop. He wasn't highly rated coming out of high school. He was a Billy Napier recruit, who was originally committed to Wyoming and only had offers from us, Cincinnati, and Ohio. By the way at games I was yelling for Stoudt to play good, while most of the crowd was yelling to yank him.

Like I said before I didn't say a darn thing about race. The point of my OP, which is why subject line was sarcastic, was how absurd it is to become so obsessed with celebrities that a person carries a hate grudge, and whines and moans about it like same #### woman. Thanks though, your responses helped to prove my point.

Re: I didn't say a #### thing about race dumbarse...

Apr 25, 2016, 8:35 PM

Ask Bob Stoops if Cole Stoudt " didn't have what it takes to play at the D-1 level . "
There is dumb and then there is where YOU come from .

DB23

Ahh, I see the changing the subject tactic....

Apr 25, 2016, 9:52 PM

My post wasn't about Stoudt, go start your own thread about Stoudt. I'm not arguing something that was proven 2 years ago.

No , I was merely speaking

Apr 25, 2016, 10:19 PM

On the incorre tness of your comment about Cole Stoudt. You said he wasn't good enough to play on the D1 level .
Our staff and his teammates would probably disagree with your assessment , as would most logical people .

DB23

Re: No , I was merely speaking

Apr 26, 2016, 5:18 AM

Interesting. Dont mean to be off topic but I never looked at athletes to be role models of any sort they are just entertainers to me. How can a 18 to 26 year old etc be a role model? I think that belongs to our corrupt politicians police officers and judges who should know better. If people want to complain about Cam Newton stealing a laptop surely they must hate the George Bush crime family and Bill Clinton Mena Arkansas drug operation and the Kennedys bootlegging operations and the CIA drug dealing and I can go on and on. Oh well just my 0.02 cents

Re: No , I was merely speaking

Apr 26, 2016, 6:58 AM

You're familiar with how Cam's preacher father shopped him around to the highest bidder (eventually Chizik at Auburn) in 2010 , right ?
It's really fine by me to want what's best for your kid , but using his talent for exaction ? That's pretty sleazy and corrupt , wouldn't you say ?
More importantly to me , there is an incredibly plain-to-see arrogance and " ME " in his on the field antics . I get the sense from watching his antics and interviews that Cam Newton is a perpetual adolescent without any real sense of culpability in what he did wrong before becoming an NFL player . It's as if he doesn't care and he is toying with those who (for reasons beyond my own understanding ) find him admirable and genuine .
You know how you just get a sense about a person and it remains no matter what actions or evidence are there to change that initial view ? Yeah , that's how it is with me and Cam Newton .
He can hand out all the footballs to kids he wants to , or surprise little kids in an " impromptu " game of pick up basketball but he doesn't fool me . He is what he is to me .
Sorry if that doesn't make sense to ya , or sit well . Other than that it doesn't matter what I think or anybody else about the guy , our lives don't touch at all . There then ....
Go Tigers .

DB23

Big of you to admitting you're a hater***

Apr 24, 2016, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Cam Newton at it again... ]

Maybe they can help him out with his post game conferences.***

Apr 24, 2016, 7:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did he find a higher level of education like Davidson?

Apr 24, 2016, 8:07 PM

Campus sure looks & smells a WHOLE lot different than what Auburn has to offer!

Why would he do that? I mean, surely he knows he's

Apr 24, 2016, 8:58 PM

better than 7th graders. Why would he show them up? Is he still trying to get over the super bowl?

Just kidding. That is cool.

Apr 24, 2016, 9:23 PM

Good story. I like to see folks focus on the positive rather than the negative. I hope they focus on my positives instead of my negatives; I'm sure most people would hope that for themselves.

Thanks for posting.

I know the girl in blue loosing it

Apr 24, 2016, 10:28 PM

We should be recruiting her to play goalie for the girls soccer team.

I honestly liked your post... At first...

Apr 25, 2016, 12:55 AM

I thought it was a funny way to defend Cam with some of the good things he does.

But after you attacked other people for having a contrasting opinion and brought the factor of race into the matter, I honestly don't like you. Why can't you defend Cam without bringing race into it or attacking other people?

Still a Cam fan. Not a tigerking79 fan.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I honestly liked your post... At first...

Apr 25, 2016, 5:58 AM

Nobody is a TK79 fan , so if you were to join that fanclub you'd look pathetic and shameless , just like he does when he TNets.

DB23

can I be one of the cool kids like you....

Apr 25, 2016, 5:59 PM

Oh wait you still have to make that weekly visit to your uncle. Hopefully you won't be too sore after this time

Re: can I be one of the cool kids like you....

Apr 25, 2016, 6:24 PM

I have no living uncles . Is that an anagram or something , Queenie ?

DB23

not blood uncles, the man who lives down the street from you

Apr 25, 2016, 8:06 PM

that you have called uncle since you were 16 when he bought you beer back in high school

I didn't bring up race dumbarse, another poster did...

Apr 25, 2016, 6:02 PM [ in reply to I honestly liked your post... At first... ]

Learn how to read so you can see which poster posts what, instead of projecting on to me something I never mentioned or alluded to.

Why are you unable to tell which poster brought up race? Clue it wasn't me, go back and look..

Apr 25, 2016, 6:05 PM [ in reply to I honestly liked your post... At first... ]

at the screen name of the person who brought that up and go address it with them.

Re: Why are you unable to tell which poster brought up race? Clue it wasn't me, go back and look..

Apr 26, 2016, 7:09 AM

Everyone on the board knows what you were doing with that post.

^^^^The Coward clemtiger117's scok^^^^***

Apr 26, 2016, 9:42 AM

Apr 26, 2016, 7:29 AM

I love when TK79 starts up a thread trying to be all mighty and above everyone with his history of calling people homophobic slurs on this board.

he is nothing more than a sad bigot.

Replies: 95
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic