Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calling out any Clemson fans that did not give 110% last
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Calling out any Clemson fans that did not give 110% last

Sep 2, 2012, 1:15 PM

night. I was not at the game, but my two sons were. One is a current student, and one graduated this past May. They said the Auburn fans were louder last night. They were aggravated at the Clemson fans around them that would not stand up and yell when we were on defense. I do not understand this mentality. Our players and coaches give 110% almost 365 days a year. They deserve a 110% from the fans for 4 hours on game day. Clemson fans, in particular students, need to get off their lazy a$$es and learn to yell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling out any Clemson fans that did not give 110% last

Sep 2, 2012, 1:18 PM

I've heard several comments saying our crowd was great by Dabo and others so someone was yelling. Maybe not where your kids were but someone got after it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea...

Sep 2, 2012, 5:45 PM

too me, from a TV stand point, it sounded like both
crowds were pretty loud.

Not sure what that guy is talking about.

;)

I stand up for big plays, kickoff, etc.

Sep 3, 2012, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Calling out any Clemson fans that did not give 110% last ]

But I hate it when someone stands up the entire game. I like to sit and watch the game. Why waste a good seat. If you want to stand up the entire game, create a section with no seats. I can cheer and get loud without having stand up the entire game.

Now, I'll sit back and wait for the name calling to begin.

I still haven't gotten my voice back...

Sep 3, 2012, 1:58 PM

nm

weee for you***

Sep 3, 2012, 2:07 PM

If you want to sit and watch the game

Sep 3, 2012, 2:06 PM [ in reply to I stand up for big plays, kickoff, etc. ]

your couch is probably far more comfortable than the stadium seats are.

DS said our fans were great - can't believe only the....

Sep 2, 2012, 1:20 PM

Auburn fans were loud - our fans sounded #### loud on the TV to me.

How loud their fans were is meaningless IMO - we won, not them.

I was yelling like a mad man.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:23 PM

That being said it was at times hard for our fans to be unified on our cheers cause I found it almost impossible to hear our band while the much larger and louder Auburn marching band was droning them out..

Sep 2, 2012, 1:25 PM

Good, i'm glad someone finally did it. Everyone's losing their focus.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:31 PM

I've heard from several people who were there that we were pretty dang loud. It sounded loud on TV.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:32 PM

I will have to say my section sucked when it came to yelling. Only when it was the 4th quarter did they even come close to getting loud. Me and three guys behind me created the noise for the most part.

Auburn fans were indeed much louder in the beginning, but they got quieter as the game went on. People only stood up when something exciting happened then promptly sat back down.

Last night this board was full

Sep 2, 2012, 1:40 PM

of the same whining people that you only see around here during the game. Once the game is settled , they disappear never admitting how wrong they are. With the next 2 weeks coming up, we'll not see them till the FSU game.

After the int, I got mad and said the game was over.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:48 PM

I was wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

And man enough to admit it.Point for you.***

Sep 2, 2012, 2:15 PM

Funny, the guy sitting next to me said the same thing.

Sep 2, 2012, 6:01 PM [ in reply to After the int, I got mad and said the game was over. ]

Never been happier to have a fellow tiger be incorrect. Drummer, you do deserve a TU for admitting it. You obviously weren't the only one but very cool of you to man up and admit it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was only able to give 109.44 %. Sorry.***

Sep 2, 2012, 1:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need an Ivory Soap Box******

Sep 3, 2012, 8:53 AM

There were alot of folks that sat on their thumbs all night.

Sep 2, 2012, 1:46 PM

Nm

It sure didn't sound they way to me

Sep 2, 2012, 1:47 PM

also funny how you take a shot, when you weren't even there

The level of crowd participation has been a matter for

Sep 2, 2012, 2:05 PM

discussion since I can remember. At home games it always seemed the closer to the 50 the fans sat, the lower the volume. We attributed that to the older, wealthier folks (who could afford them) "running out of steam," so to speak, before those younger fans sitting away from the 50. The loudest were the students, followed by fans in their 20's, 30's, 40's and so on. And what always amazed me were the blood-curdling screams that the little kids could emit, most of whom who had no idea what the dickens they were screaming about! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2012, 2:06 PM

I'm sure it also depends on where you were sitting. We were getting the echo from the Auburn fans on the Clemson side because we were directly facing them. I bet we sounded pretty loud to them as well. I know my section was loud.

Sep 2, 2012, 2:19 PM

I'll have to agree with you. I was sitting in the upper deck, clemson side, 40 yard line, and a whole row of clemson "fans" behind me did not stand or yell once the entire game.

We would stand and yell on 3rd downs only (trying to be respectful of those around us), but the people behind us never stood up. I don't understand why you would invest the time & money to go to a game and then act as if you are watching it on TV in your living room!

2 thoughts

Sep 2, 2012, 2:20 PM

1. You werent there so you can put your $0.02 in your pocket.

2. anyone that you are really talking to probably doesnt give a crap what you think....

bonus
-we won. judt enjoy it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I was not at the game..."

Sep 2, 2012, 2:21 PM

Maybe don't call out the fans that bought tickets, paid for transportation and maybe lodging to attend the game if you weren't actually there. I wasn't there either, but I'm not going to take shots at those who made the trip and braved our Atlanta curse for their in stadium behavior since I chose not to go.

Sep 2, 2012, 2:27 PM

I was there and it was pretty loud where I was sitting. Everyone was jumping and screaming like crazy. Auburn was loud but so were we. Leaving the game was incredible. It was all clemson fans at that point and as we left the dome it was extremely loud.

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

In the Georgia Dome with the place 50/50 the sound coming

Sep 2, 2012, 2:28 PM

from across the stadium sounds louder.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^This^^^^

Sep 2, 2012, 5:21 PM

I don't know why some folks miss this obvious explanation. I imagine the AU folks thought we were louder.

Na, that makes way too much sense for Tnet. ;)

Sep 2, 2012, 5:54 PM

TU! I know I did and always do yell my butt off for our tigers. So long as he directs the point of the post twoard the people that didn't give, "110%", I'm with him. Personally, I saw many CU fans yelling their a$$3$ off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohhh the young Clemson men around me gave 110%

Sep 2, 2012, 3:20 PM

effort at yelling the F word until they passed out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2012, 3:21 PM

was never an issue when I was there - 89-93

My voice is in shreds. Trust me in the 4th quarter when it

Sep 2, 2012, 4:44 PM

counted Auburn KNEW Clemson was in the house!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there and that was definitely not true in our section

Sep 2, 2012, 4:51 PM

or any section near us. Also my mouth works just as well sitting or standing.

enough already...you didn't pull hard enough for the team***

Sep 2, 2012, 5:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT TRUE

Sep 2, 2012, 5:26 PM

With Auburn Fans on one side and Clemson fans on the other you could only hear the fans sitting close to you, we could hear all the Auburn fans, after the game talking with 5-6 Auburn fans other than talking about the game all they talked about was how loud the Clemson side was said that when we would did the 1-2-3-4 it made their ears hurt yes I was thinking the same till I talked with the Auburn fans

yep basic soundwaves***

Sep 2, 2012, 5:28 PM

its just like when I was litle I used to think the M

Sep 3, 2012, 1:43 PM [ in reply to NOT TRUE ]

was the loudest in Clemson.

Actually the brad nessler thought clemson was louder....

Sep 2, 2012, 5:32 PM

The only time he commented about the noise was during auburns last drive and he said "this place is starting to get noisy" and if u go back and watch the game it was getting really loud, you could tell a difference.

my apology

Sep 2, 2012, 5:35 PM

I made a post on here in the first half. Felt like last year with our defense. They turned it around in the second half and played good ball last night. A few mistakes, but I think we were the better team. My apology to this board for only posting negative and only posting during the games. That will change.

I was there,...this is far from true *

Sep 2, 2012, 5:35 PM

not true

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there. Crowd was loud. Might have been louder had you

Sep 2, 2012, 5:49 PM

Given 110 percent and shown up....

Sep 2, 2012, 5:57 PM

The Auburn crowd was louder, no question. Anyone who says otherwise wasn't at the game. Also the chants of "F*** you Auburn" coming from our current students was very disappointing.

Crump <3 $EC

I was there and this thread seems to be full of others that

Sep 2, 2012, 6:09 PM

were as well. Many have a different opinion than you seem to. However I do agree with you about the chant of our current students.

BTW, just saw you have a student level donation. I'm guessing you weren't one of the ones yelling that? ;)

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

Sep 3, 2012, 12:26 AM

No, I was in section 244 row 12 seat 12

Crump <3 $EC

Im sick of every game being followed by some random

Sep 4, 2012, 11:15 PM

high and mightly guy "calling out" the fans.

I

Sep 4, 2012, 11:34 PM

Was there Sec 101 and left without my hearing or voice! Only time we weren't loud was for the moment of silence and halftime! Let's just come into DV Saturday and be as loud as if we were playing a more tougher opponent! Go Tigers! C U in the Valley!

Clemson fans around me did their part!!!

Sep 5, 2012, 8:32 AM

Except the 4 in front of us that left at halftime....two of the four did think their %$#& didn't stink.

If you weren't there - then you should probably keep your

Sep 5, 2012, 8:45 AM

opinion to yourself.

I drove 12 hours, paid for a hotel, braved MARTA, and then yelled at the game.

I gave 110% - you however, gave 0%.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic