Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cain & McCloud
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,914

Cain & McCloud

Oct 11, 2015, 8:16 AM

I think this was the breakout game we have been waiting for. He looks really, really good. We need to get him more touches from here on out.

McCloud is a threat to take it to the house every time he has the ball. He needs to stop carrying the ball on his hip on traffic (that cost us 3 points yesterday). I'm sure the coaches will be working on that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Cain & McCloud

Oct 11, 2015, 8:28 AM

Agree.... McCloud is the smoother runner.Cain seems erratic and a little herky jerky with the ball which could cause possession problems. Love the way he goes up to the ball and grabs it.Glad to see him get the opportunity. I think this game will breed confidence and get him comfortable in the offense. Needs to remember to go out of bounds for clock management but the youngster was excited and wanted to make plays.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 8:37 AM

We need both to be legitimate threats as Miami and FSU are on the horizon.

Hope they continue to get meaningful reps vs. BC.

Also, I LOVE the way Cain goes up to fight and high point balls. Hope Peake was taking notes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 11, 2015, 8:43 AM

McCloud is back and he'll really help strengthen our running game. With Gallman in the lineup, this is reminding me of our "Thunder and Lightening" days. Rotate them, or put them in together...dangerous.

Cain looks promising, but the maturity and "football intelligence" just isn't there yet, but hoping he's coachable as I think he really has talent. We need Williams back, but Cain will at least give Watson some more options downfield and some opportunities for big plays.

i don't think Peake has any idea what you're talking about.***

Oct 11, 2015, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain & McCloud ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 11, 2015, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain & McCloud ]

I was going to say the exact same thing.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain & McCloud ]

These guys are getting better and more settled in with every snap. The fumble by Ray Ray will be rectified in practice. Not worried. Cain is primed to get equal reps with Peake

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2015, 8:45 AM

Peake? WhooDat? Oh yeah...the guy that dropped (another) pass in the end zone...not showing his potential and talent, that's for sure. Hope he can get it together in time for FSU.

I think Peake is showing his talent

Oct 11, 2015, 9:53 AM

and that talent is average. He can do some good things but is not or will never be spectacular. Not really sure why everyone thought he was going to be some huge play maker, he hasn't showed anything leading up to this season to suggest that. Now Cain is going to be the man, he gets better every game. This is a kid that had never played WR until August and he is already better than Peake.

Oct 11, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Cain & McCloud ]

You have to keep in mind Cain was a QB in high school. He is still learning the finer points of WR. Looks pretty good for raw talent at this point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,914
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic