Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kind of felt like an idiot today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 534

Kind of felt like an idiot today.

Feb 12, 2021, 1:28 PM

Since moving back over here to the West side of town, which is the best side of town, I’ve been looking for a new liquor store. Can’t find Old Grandad anywhere. Got a place that sells Earlytimes Bonded. Which is decent so that may become my new cheap drink. For now I’m spending a little more and going with the old tried and true Four Roses Small Batch. But still, I like to keep my reputation for being a cheapskate drunk alive. Anyways, I decided to stop in at Harvard’s on Whitehorse in Berea. Shopped around and went with Small Batch, cause of what I said before. But I walked over and looked at their tequila section and woah!!! They have a tremendous tequila selection. An entire aisle. Which I was shocked by. Said to the dude behind the counter, “man, y’all got a huge tequila selection.” He said, “Yeah. Of course.” I didn’t really understand until I left and was heading home. I mean, it really surprised me that much, to see all those tequila options, that I was still thinking about it while driving home. In any other liquor store you might have 10 tequilas, maybe 15 maybe 20 tops? But this place was loaded. And then it hit me. I’m in Berea on Whitehorse Road. Folks don’t refer to it as Little Mexico without good reason. Felt kind of stupid for the lack of understanding in the conversation with the liquor store guy. But I’m still feeling good to be back home on the best side of Greenville, SC! Probably going to have to switch from bourbon to tequila though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm surprised you weren't asked

Feb 12, 2021, 1:31 PM

for your passport.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man I can't wait for the day I can go get me a

Feb 12, 2021, 1:35 PM

torta then walk over and play some bingo.*

Las Meras Tortas is some good stuff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cabrito is king***

Feb 12, 2021, 1:38 PM

We carried out lunch from there last Sunday.

Feb 12, 2021, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Man I can't wait for the day I can go get me a ]

Completely ruined my Super Bowl Sunday dinner plan. Everybody was too full to eat dinner.

As did we, late lunch then tried to go for a hike

Feb 12, 2021, 3:00 PM

but the trail was closed. I don't even recall what super bowl supper was.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You in West Greenville artist slums?***

Feb 12, 2021, 1:48 PM

No they’re too uppity that way these days.

Feb 12, 2021, 1:55 PM

Doesn’t get real again until you get to Woodside and Parker. Shoutout to Tharealdonjuan for the El Valedor recommendation, which is still on my list to try. (I think it was him anyways.) The west side I’m talking about is smack dab in the middle of Berea and Travelers Rest. It’s no man’s land.

Re: No they’re too uppity that way these days.

Feb 12, 2021, 2:59 PM

Give Clyde Mays whiskey a try if you haven't. Smooth stuff.

Replies: 8
| visibility 534
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic