Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
COVID or not, this is hate week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

COVID or not, this is hate week

Nov 23, 2020, 3:03 PM

Normally this would be USuCks hate week, but as it’s 2020 and nothing is normal we’re playing Pitt instead? Being that we won’t play this year, and the ##### are having a down, err, regular year down in Cootlumbia one might say let bygones be bygones and call it a day, but not me. Hate week is unmovable and everlasting, no virus is going to take that away from me! If 2020 has given us anything it’s a metaphorical insight into the life of an average Gamecock fan. It started with the Australian wildfires, which is basically a view into the soul of a Gamecock fan. They want to look away, but you can’t help staring into the fire and throwing some money towards fighting it even though the only thing that’s going to put it out is a monsoon.

Then came the plague of COVID;

You want to out to eat with some friends?
“Nah gotta stay home, the gamecocks are on, this could be the year!”

Want to go watch the game at a bar?
“Nah I’d need to wear a mask to hide my face out of
shame”

How about we go to the game?
“Nah they’ve capped attendance at 25%” (even if that marks a 50% increase from normal years)

And just like 2020, things just keep getting stranger for Cocky as time goes on. You think things are looking up after beating a top 20 Auburn? Here’s some murder hornets, losing to LSU by 4 TDS.

When you think you can just ride out the rest of the year under the radar and “go get ‘em next year” here’s an election. You go and spend $13m to pick between a bunch of candidates nobody really wants, and when the dust finally settles half the fan base will be trying to fire them for the next four years.

Well do you want a vaccine that could possibly end the aforementioned plague? No! Let’s just pay a ridiculous sum for a giant ugly chicken statue instead (Note: this is not just a dig, it is a fact, it has no spurs, ergo it is a chicken).

Lastly, here at year end your team has Brexited its prestigious title of “Best team with a poultry based mascot in South Carolina with black as one of its primary colors”. That’s right, that title, originally thought to be so specific, so unique to your team that it could never be taken away, your one prize you could always count on to distinguish the trophy case from the janitorial closet Chant be yours anymore

Folks, 2020 is every year for a Gamecock fan, just be glad the rest of us get to turn the page to 2021 in January while the garnet and black crowd will be stuck singing “Forever to 2020”. Until next year when we tie the record with 7 in a row, hate, hate, hate!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was GREAT!! Hilarious!!!***

Nov 23, 2020, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The c00t5 suk & Pitt ain't $$HITT!***

Nov 23, 2020, 3:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic