Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CJ Fuller
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

CJ Fuller

Apr 3, 2015, 12:53 PM

Man, he sounds like he's killing it, I believe he may have more of an impact then most people think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ Fuller

Apr 3, 2015, 12:57 PM

he is starting to remind me of mike davis, but better looking, a lot tougher, and without the attitude problems.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2015, 1:01 PM

When we were recruiting him, I was really impressed with his film. I liked him more than Choice, myself. He could def make an impact.

Seems like we should reshirt Choice. What do you gus think?

Apr 3, 2015, 1:06 PM

nm

Apr 3, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller ]

I had that one all wrong, but then again we will see in the fall. It would seem he is a great compliment for Gallman.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2015, 1:14 PM

I think Choice is going to be awesome, one of the better backs to ever play at Clemson. I just think we are pretty stacked and he is coming off that knee injury obviously, so why not let him RS and get completely healthy and come in the following year.

I like the idea of Choice RS this season

Apr 3, 2015, 1:31 PM

But it would be very easy for him to get lost on the depth chart in 2016. In 2016 we will have Feaster, Dye, Gallman, Fuller, Choice, Davidson and maybe Mcloud depending on what position he plays when he gets here. Like i said in a previous post, its nice having all of this talent but no one wants to sit on the bench their whole career which may result in a few transfers. Im not worried though, with the way we are bringing in talent it wont hurt us that bad if a few do decide to transfer. What i do know is that our offense is going to be fun to watch the next few years, i dont see many defense's stopping us from doing big things

Re: I like the idea of Choice RS this season

Apr 3, 2015, 2:04 PM

I completely agree. Then again, there will likely be other injuries and maybe someone who goes pro early. I am expecting great things. You are correct though that it's looking like a log jam. 2017 we will be glad we redshirted Choice I bet though.

Apr 3, 2015, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller ]

If Dabo can get Choice to redshirt without him threatening to transfer it would he great. Choice is big. He and Fuller are the biggest backs we have. I would love to see us use one as a fullback every once in a while. When we lost Darrel Smith at FB it hurt us in the run game a little. Another guy that could be used as a FB would be Jay Jay or Richard.

As far as running backs go, we sure do have a lot.of talent back there. Imagine adding Feaster.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to be great if we can hold on to them all.

Apr 3, 2015, 2:05 PM

Good post.

Apr 4, 2015, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller ]

No doubt.

Hall man is my guy and should be our guy period. He put the running game on his back down the stretch last season. Not bad for a guy who was essentially Kemdeechee bait.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 4, 2015, 4:35 PM

Gallman***

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I've been saying it all along.

Apr 3, 2015, 1:31 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13943933

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1425166&tstart=0

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13909679

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15572337#15572337

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I've been saying it all along.

Apr 3, 2015, 1:36 PM

I agree good and likely better than anticipated but can't agree with "better than choice" and film looked better. First of all the film wasn't comparible because choice played option qb, not Rb in hs. But we are quickly forgetting choice was taking over the starting Rb job just before he got injured his true fresh year while fuller was redshirting.

I like fuller a lot, but all things being equal I would take choice over every Rb on roster including dye. The one with the best film (by far) comes next year.

Re: I've been saying it all along.

Apr 3, 2015, 3:01 PM

Fuller will be better than Choice he has power and better top end speed. It's only a matter of time before we all see.

Yes you have. And I've been agreeing.***

Apr 4, 2015, 12:09 AM [ in reply to I've been saying it all along. ]

You and me both.

Apr 4, 2015, 1:19 AM [ in reply to I've been saying it all along. ]

I lived in Pickens back when he was in High School.

Him and Nuk were both on the early list (So year high school) must to be Tigers in my book.

They both have that "it" factor. You know; they make plays, get it done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You and me both.

Apr 4, 2015, 1:19 AM

*must be

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is an Easley kid. What else would you expect?

Apr 3, 2015, 1:33 PM

Easley4lyfe

Re: He is an Easley kid. What else would you expect? I liked

Apr 3, 2015, 1:45 PM

Stanley Morgan when he ditched the coots at the last minute for the Vols. Oh I dont like the Vols just the braking of coot heartst

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found a quote from Fuller that he and

Apr 3, 2015, 1:52 PM

Morgan are cousins and had encouraged him to check out Tennessee...

Re: Found a quote from Fuller that he and

Apr 3, 2015, 1:58 PM

Interesting. I didnt know that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From 2013....

Apr 3, 2015, 2:03 PM

Originally Posted by :
He's hearing a little bit from Tennessee, but doesn't know a great deal about the orange and white clad Volunteers. He does hope to learn more and what little he does know has come from family.

"They are a school I would look at," Fuller said. "My cousin is Stanley Morgan and he went there. He's told me that it's a great place. He told me just to stay humble, but he wants me to go there."

"I just want a school that has good academics and the chance to play," Fuller said. "I want to be developed into a man at the school I choose. I don't mind red-shirting, but I'd like to play. Just whatever is best for me as a player."

"Probably sometime this summer," Fuller said. "I want to do it before my senior season. I'm going to sit down with my coach and figure out what camps I want to go to and need go to."

Also, seems like the coaches were looking to

Apr 3, 2015, 1:42 PM

Eventually move him to DB when they b were recruiting him but from all of the reports, seems like he is doing to well at RB for them to.move him to DB.

Apr 3, 2015, 2:11 PM

He is definitely big and I totally agree with putting him at fullback. And about his ranking, he never did have that great of an offensive line his Jr/Sr year at Easley.

Apr 4, 2015, 7:14 AM

And about his ranking, he never did
> have that great of an offensive line his Jr/Sr year
> at Easley.

CJ had a VERY GOOD offensive line his Jr year. The 5 OL had started together as Soph., Jr. and Sr.

CJ had over 2000 yards as a Jr.

CJ had over 250 yards against the Greenwood Team that went on to win the State $A Title. That Greenwood D had 4 Defensive players that have gone on to D1 Schools, plus their #36 LB that made EVERY tackle didn't make grades to get into SC and went onto a Jr College.

CJ's OL for his SR. year is in the Top 5 worst Easley OL of All TIME.

I am Easley High School Class of 1981.

Apr 3, 2015, 6:57 PM

I don't have the links, but I'm sure they're oit there lol...I've put my name in the Fuller hat for a while...he's the best back on our roster, and that's NO slight on the rest of our guys because I think (when healthy) we've got SEVERAL rb's that'd make the two deep on A LOT of big ti.e programs...our rb taken was seriously hidden last year due to injury and AWFUL ol play in the run game...oh, that ANDpplaying TWO injured qb' all year lol...

Let's face it with the "glass half full" approach...our "down" year resultes in 10-3, with a bashing of the peckers, and a PASTING of the BROKElahoma pooners...thank GOD for the defense, for sure. But just LOOK at the talent on OUR roster!

IF HEALTHY, within a balanced offense, I think our stable of backs atacks up with just about anyone's...yes, thUGA, I can't HELP but notice, and recognize you. Your handcuffs are clanking so loud that I can't even hear myself welding!

GO TIGERS!

Apr 3, 2015, 8:59 PM

This is where it goes too far. How many practices have you been at to say fuller is the best on campus? That's not close to being true. I've seen almost all of them. He is good and has solid practices but Gallman and Dye have been better. Brooks has looked good even while rusty. He's still better than Fuller. Fuller has been a nice surprise no doubt but is not in shape, carrying unwanted weight and it's noticeable while playing.

He'll be fine in the future but that is assuming as he matures he gets in top shape and his stamina increases. He has done better than expected but now people are taking it too far. Even someone said choice was beginning to take over the job before he got hurt. He was earning more opportunities definitely. Choice is not better than Brooks or Dye or Gallman. Choices numbers were against largely inferior competition. When I see choice run against the big boys "consistently" I'll feel better. And I think choice looks like a real RB and I like his style but way too much exaggerating in this thread.

Apr 3, 2015, 9:14 PM

Well, admittedly I'm not privy to the red carpet practice invites that you are, sir. All I can do is watch film, and even taking into account that their competition varies on high school film, my OBVIOUSLY untrained and unskilled eyes tell me that the Fuller on film, is better than the others. Long sentence, and I'm sure that it could've been broken up by a period or two, but since I can't evaluate talent, what makes you think I'd be able to properly punctuate?

I'm also the guy that, while ECSTATIC about getting McCloud, thought Nyheim Hines...still do...I don't mind eating my words. In fact I'm HAPPY to, but to be condecended by a punk starter behind a keyboard is JUST beyond my tolerance. So, as you someday descend from your "high" horse that arrogantly and ignorantly sits upon it's soap box, PLEASE don't forget about we that know nothing.

GO TIGERS!

Apr 4, 2015, 1:43 AM

Hey cancer. I may have missed something. Punk starter behind a keyboard? I laughed. If we met away from here I would be very confident both mentally and certainly physically. Far from a punk.

Condescended? How about just plain and simply corrected. You see, I never questioned your "opinion" on who's better based on your viewing of HS film or even HS performance you personally witnessed HOWEVER, you said the best RB on campus meaning currently. Or I should say that's the way I took it. As if you have seen them in their current forms. That's why I asked if you had been to practice and came up with your statement of best back on our roster.

Based on what I've seen of the backs on our roster he's not close to being the best. Again, I'm very excited about what I've seen and I hope this spring encouraged him to get in top shape for the fall. He is a true talent. He had run well against the backups. I hope he gets more reps against the front line guys in the actual spring game. Either way he has looked nothing but good all spring. I hope he gets an opportunity. And I hope he is ready when it comes. He's fun to watch. Don't get your feelings hurt so easily next time.

Apr 4, 2015, 9:27 AM

Feelings never hurt bud, but it's not the first time things have been misunderstood. No worries...raise a glass Guy...

GO TIGERS!

Apr 3, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: CJ Fuller ]

I do, however appreciate the inside info on the backs, and will take that into consideration as truth. If so, I hope gets it all together, because he CAN be the best back on campus.

GO TIGERS!

Apr 3, 2015, 11:02 PM

I am from Easley and watched CJ Fuller play in more than 30 games in High School.

CJ Fuller has the talent to become a very good running back at Clemson.
He has always demonstrated the toughness and strength that you need.
However, he must regain the agility and speed that he demonstrated as a junior in High School.

CJ looked like a 4-star RB his Junior year at Easley.
Just watch these highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq9EYLNzAi0
Check out the run at 3:35, where CJ makes a certain middle LB from TL Hanna that is also on the Clemson roster miss a tackle. Just gives you an idea of his ability.

Unfortunately, CJ was not the same back his Senior year and looked more like a 2-star RB.
He wasn't in good shape and appeared to be slower than previous seasons.
A high ankle sprain suffered early in the season hampered him throughout, also of note was the offensive system change and complete lack of an offensive line.

I haven't seen CJ run since High School, I look forward to seeing the Spring game and I hope that I see the "explosion" that he demonstrated as a junior in High School return.

Go CJ! Easley for Thee! Go Tigers!

Apr 3, 2015, 11:59 PM

Good info bro! Here's to hoping he gets it "back", and then some...till then, well...opinions, right? I mean, hopefully we ARE all TIGERS...

And to whomever TU'D my post, thanks for canceling out whatever butthurt poster threw out the TD...

GO TIGERS!

Apr 3, 2015, 11:56 PM

Fuller is gonna make a lot of out jaws drop this year. The kid is an absolute beast.

*our***

Apr 3, 2015, 11:56 PM

I feel like a lot of fans cheer harder for local guys.

Apr 4, 2015, 7:45 AM

I'm not sure what the fascination is. I personally don't care if a guy is from Easley, Central, Clemson, or Seneca...or GA, FL, NY, or CA.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Fuller does great as a Tiger, but i don't understand the fascination with a fourth or fifth string RB other than the fact that he is from Easley.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I feel like a lot of fans cheer harder for local guys.

Apr 4, 2015, 2:38 PM

> I'm not sure what the fascination is. I personally
> don't care if a guy is from Easley, Central, Clemson,
> or Seneca...or GA, FL, NY, or CA.
>
> Don't get me wrong, I hope Fuller does great as a
> Tiger, but i don't understand the fascination with a
> fourth or fifth string RB other than the fact that he
> is from Easley.

Not sure either...especially since CJ Davidson is from Central, and is also a RB on our roster. I dunno about Fuller, but I'm durn sure Davidson has 4-star tools because I've seen him run effectively against the likes of Florida State. Of course, at the end of one of those very effective runs, he coughed up the ball, which kept us from icing the game...ball security will get a RB faster than any other issue, alas. But early on last season he was certainly our most-effective RB.

That said, folks I've talked to are saying Fuller is looking pretty decent, though most seem to think that Gallman remains the #1 RB on the roster right now.

Apr 4, 2015, 3:25 PM

I went to B-HP, but graduated from T.L. Hanna...I can't really say that I like a guy BETTER because he's local. Only speaking for myself, I thought he AND Oglesby looked great, and they just HAPPENED to be local...I support EVERY guy that comes to Clemson and STAYS...

I like our group, and it'll play out the way I plays out...all of our guys have different skill sets, and that's a really good thing I think...after receiving a few posts, I'll open my mind, but I just like what I've seen of Fuller...growing up, some liked Emmit, others were for Barry...I pull for CLEMSON'S success. I want every player we have to show the world their talents. I just happen to favor what LITTLE I've seen of Fuller...

Of course QUO, you're fun to follow lol

GO TIGERS!

Apr 4, 2015, 3:30 PM

My sympathies for you graduating from TL Hanna. B-HP 4 Life! ??

Apr 4, 2015, 4:36 PM

Hahahaha I KNOW, right? At the time, T.L. was the better option. As of the moment, B-HP and Westside blow T.L. out of the water...in the late 90's the roles were reversed. I'm ASHAMED of what T.L. has become...

Fortunately I've been blessed, as I was adopted OUT of the paint licking cesspool of SLOWlumbia, raised by a fantastic family in Belton, and at the TIME ('99) graduted from the best PUBLIC school in the upstate. Since then, everything has gone downhill from a looking back standpoint, except for BLOWlumbia...it's ALWAYS been SO far down, that even when it sinks lower into crackhead, A.I.D.S., single, democrat chasing, it never actually DROPS...####$ will NEVER spell the word "be" with only 2 letters! # the ####$!

GO TIGERS!

Apr 4, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I feel like a lot of fans cheer harder for local guys. ]

Hahahaha and yeah 2215, +1 for the calling out of the upstate jackets...smdh on THAT one...lol fight the good fight!

GO TIGERS!

Agree***

Apr 4, 2015, 3:00 PM

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic