Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CBS-College football coaches feeling pressure entering 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,441

CBS-College football coaches feeling pressure entering 2020

Apr 14, 2020, 11:59 AM

Will Muschamp, South Carolina: Much like his career trajectory at Florida, Muschamp has struggled mightily since his second season at the helm. He won nine games in Year 2 but dropped to seven wins in 2018 and four one year ago. Even though one of those wins was over eventual division champion Georgia, he received the dreaded "vote of confidence" in mid-November. Translation: Muschamp better win now. He's got his signature recruit at quarterback in Ryan Hilinski but lost his top two running backs and stud wide receiver Bryan Edwards.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clay-helton-jim-harbaugh-lead-list-of-college-football-coaches-feeling-pressure-entering-2020/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 - 6 at best for uof6c...

Apr 14, 2020, 12:17 PM

but most likely 5 - 7 IMO.

If the schedule ends-up being abbreviated with most if not all of the OOC games cancelled, they'll still finish no better than 3 - 5 with likely losses to Georgia, LSU, Florida, A&M and Tennessee. Kentucky and Missouri are both toss-up games with Vandy being the only likely win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: CBS-College football coaches feeling pressure entering 2020

Apr 14, 2020, 1:48 PM

That list is dead on with one exception: I don't think Huskers fans will call for Scott Frost to be fired if they don't have a good season. People there are beginning to realize their program has very little chance of being elite again and they won't ever hire a better coach than Frost. Nebraska is very lucky there were able to leave the Big 12 when they did and partake in the Big Ten's huge revenue pot. They'll have to be satisfied with that.

Kevin Sumlin is dead meat. He's been out of gas for the last 3 years. I didn't think much of him even when he was at UH.

Clay Helton is an interesting case. If a high-profile coach gives them a secret wink, Helton is a goner no matter what happens. I think they can be a lot better than last year but the schedule will bite them. Road games at Alabama and Oregon are automatic losses and I don't they can run the rest of the table.

Not sure if Miami will be ready to fire Manny Diaz after two seasons. He's not ready for prime time but D'Eriq King transferring from UH should prop them up enough for him to survive. King is one of the best QBs in the country. I doubt anyone here knows about him but you will (if there is a season).

I fully expect UT to finally have a satisfying year under Tom Herman. He's cleaned house on his staff so there are no more excuses. He's gone if they fall flat but they won't.

Chip Kelly was out of gas from the start at UCLA and hasn't recruited well. They will cut bait, maybe before the season ends.

The problem for uof6c...

Apr 14, 2020, 3:54 PM

is not only can they not afford CussChamp's buyout, if they did somehow manage to scrape together the buyout money, they know they're still going to have trouble finding anyone worth a darn to replace him.

uof6c fans lack self-awareness. They think CootU is one of the better jobs in college football and it really isn't. If you were to rank them, I'm not sure uof6c even cracks the top 20 just in the Southeast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

how much pressure is in a depressurized airplane ?

Apr 14, 2020, 4:02 PM

?

??

null

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic