Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

FB Update: Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"

Apr 29, 2016, 10:23 AM

Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"

Apr 29, 2016, 10:32 AM

Should've came back after that injury, had a feeling that would cost him the first round.

Apr 29, 2016, 10:35 AM

What else is there for Mac to prove? Nothing at all he went 2nd Rd due to his size mainly and the fact qbs wouldn't throw his way. He's a top 3 corner hands down and a few teams drafted DB based on potential not what they've down. Artie Burns pick was a shocker and a joke. The others I get but not Burns.

Apr 29, 2016, 10:38 AM

I agree Burns was a shocker for everyone.

Apr 29, 2016, 11:02 AM

Apple at 10 was a shocker to me as well. Most of his highlights should've been Pass Interference. That ain't going to go over too well in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2016, 11:05 AM

Yea i was shocked he went top 10 but I expected apple to go first Rd due to his size. I think out of the DBS drafted first Rd VH3 makes the quickest impact. Noone knows where Ramsey will play and the kid from Houston and apple are still a little raw.

I think Alexander and Fuller if healthy will surprise teams next yr with their ability to contribute early imo.

Apr 29, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong" ]

Thankful to see another person noticing this. Horrible pick, just horrible. As a Giants fan, I should be used to this by now... But Reese continues, somehow, to amaze me with his personnel decisions.

Apple had four holding, seven interference calls and four broken tackles last season. ??

Apr 29, 2016, 12:21 PM

Was DB a must for them? Some mocks had Lawson to the Giants

Re: Apple at 10

Apr 29, 2016, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong" ]

Had split second of panic and desire to check stock market.

Apr 29, 2016, 10:32 AM

I love this kid!!

So Much Class!

Apr 29, 2016, 11:11 AM

This guy is going to be the sleeper pick of the second round. Whoever gets him is getting a heck of a shutdown corner, and extremely hard worker with a great attitude! I'm sure he's disappointed, but he'll be just fine wherever he lands. I just hope it's with a decent team.

According to what I've found, opposing teams have completed 31 passes against him in 1404 snaps that he's played... No tds allowed in final 24 games of his college career (only 2 overall). One of the 2 tds he "allowed" was because he slipped on the turf at FSU. Under 30% of pass attempts his way were complete (22.9% this past year).

Those numbers are insane considering he's been left one-on-one on an island with the opposing team's #1 receiver every single game.

There's no drama around him, a great kid and great player. He's going to be a shutdown corner in the league for years to come with his talent and work ethic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'll be a Pro Bowl CB in the NFL.***

Apr 29, 2016, 11:27 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By not staying one more year in college & practically

Apr 29, 2016, 11:37 AM

guaranteeing himself a first round pick, it just cost him $10-20M!!! He could have finished off big next year and then gone first round. I know, I know...but what if he got a major injury?? Much more likely to get a major injury in the NFL vs college...now he has to wait 3 more years & prove himself all over again with much tougher competition before the big money comes. I blame the sleezball agents for convincing all these young guys that they will go first round and make a huge payday....they are blood sucking, criminals!!! Again, if only he'd have finished out his last year then he would have 12 months until that $10-20M extra payday. Now he waits 3 times that long and a lot can happen in that 3 years!! Love Mac to death but HATE, HATE these agents...they feed off the youth!!

Re: By not staying one more year in college & practically

Apr 29, 2016, 12:42 PM

Mack was never staying at Clemson more than 3 years barring injury. Nothing any agent, or anyone else, said to him had anyhthing to do with his entering this draft. It has been his plan all along. Long before ever donning a Tiger uniform. He has made that very clear for a long time. He is a vey bright guy. Some of these guys family situations financially make it almost nec for them to leave early. Mack has a dad who is still working the fields in Fla 3 times a week from daylight to sunset. He needs to get paid now, not a year from now. No matter the risk. Going second round will give his family plenty of financial stability and get his father out of those fields.

Apr 29, 2016, 12:49 PM [ in reply to By not staying one more year in college & practically ]

I agree everybody but prolly Lawson and Green are going to wish they came back.
I mean you have gone your whole life with out the money.
What better way to spend your last year broke than being a stud player at Clemson, winning the NC.

Apr 29, 2016, 2:59 PM

Guarantee you dodd or Alexander don't regret leaving period. 2 yrs ago who thought dodd would've been picked much less in the conversation for 1st or 2nd Rd pick.

Where are you getting that math from?***

Apr 29, 2016, 1:26 PM [ in reply to By not staying one more year in college & practically ]

Apr 29, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to By not staying one more year in college & practically ]

Your numbers are insane and you're acting as though he won't get paid at all now. Since the last CBA the NFL works on slot value. Only the top 6 will see total compensation greater than or equal to $20 million. Alexander was never projected by anything I saw as better than the 3rd best CB in this draft so he had no reason to expect to go anywhere sooner than the second half of the first round. The 16th pick is worth roughly $11 million. The 32nd through 40th picks are all worth rough 6 million. 48th is worth $5 million. Money is guaranteed through the first 3 round. Even the most generous expectations will only have him "losing" around $5-$6 million - but that would have been based on the most generous expectations. He was never - even after another year in college - going to be a top 6 pick. He's going to make somewhere around $6 million guaranteed with almost $2 million paid upfront as signing bonus. No reason he should be begrudged such a decision.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

The other piece of insanity in the OP is the presumption ...

Apr 29, 2016, 2:52 PM

that Mac's draft position would have significantly changed to an earlier pick.

One could easily argue that there's equal probability (33.3%) between draft position staying about the same, going sooner or going later- especially if an injury occurs.

There is mixed evidence that another year of college football translates into better draft position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your numbers are not correct***

Apr 29, 2016, 2:36 PM [ in reply to By not staying one more year in college & practically ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Your numbers are not correct***

Apr 29, 2016, 6:30 PM

Read Forbes report: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2016/04/29/2016-nfl-draft-1st-round-rookie-salary-projections/#569af9487036

Over the 3 year period, Mac will miss out of about 10-15M that he would have made if he'd have gone in round 1....he should go in round 1 because he's good enough. You don't have to believe me....slimy agents push these guys hard. All that said, I know Mac is incredible smart & gifted and had to go because of his family (nothing more noble) but that doesn't mean agents didn't way over promise like they so often do!!

Kearse has a 3Rd round grade ###

Apr 29, 2016, 1:40 PM

You think with stuff like that I would take the security of being on the big stage one more time cause ask tajh if the NFL don't take you well......there's not much else to do. Essentially leaving to NFL really in away cuts you life time playing football cause that's the end of the road. I don't understand Green, Dodd, and Kearse. Dodd needed to work on his speed just a hair and some strength conditioning plus he would have had a great season tough to go against Shaq bosa and boys. Green has the metrics in his favor but his grade still might be third round. If I had a chance to have a dominating defense and be the talk of college football and move myself to top draft status I go for that it worked for Beasley and Anthony.

Re: Kearse has a 3Rd round grade ###

Apr 29, 2016, 2:13 PM

I don't think Tajh makes a good example of why you should come back. He's probably the perfect example that if you have a grade that puts you in guaranteed money you should go.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Apr 29, 2016, 4:53 PM

"Show me!"

Apr 29, 2016, 5:11 PM

No....it is time to prove all of your fans right. The Tigers know what you are capable of. We can not wait to see you play in the NFL. I believe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic