Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got an IM from a guy I used to work with at a previous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Got an IM from a guy I used to work with at a previous

Jan 23, 2020, 1:32 PM

company, a multinational French-based engineering firm. We had a woman come in back in late 2017 from Deloitte, a full-on auditor battleaxe cunt. She took a few months to get her bearings, and brought a bunch of her people from Deloitte with her. She almost immediately ousted my boss, a director, from her new VP role. Then she systematically went through our team with the Office Space "what is it you'd say you do around here, exactly?" interviews, and I got laid off with a few other guys after 5 years with the company. I guess having my secretary walk the diagrams down to the engineers due to my people skills wasn't impressive enough (I mean, I work from home, how am I supposed to walk them myself?). She rearranged the team, kept a few guys, and generally made everybody miserable with her auditor-style of management.

She got fired this week. Didn't get a detailed story, but something about politics, of which there were a LOT in this 150K employee enterprise. One of the running jokes was about the glass ceiling for anybody who wasn't French or Indian (dot, not feather). I could see her attitude rubbing people the wrong way, as that company was decidedly not a hammerfisted auditing firm like Deloitte. I'd like to believe this was some sort of comeuppance, but it's basically a 100% guarantee that she'll get on somewhere else as soon as she wants to, probably with a bigger paycheck. There's always an appetite SOMEWHERE for those slash-and-burn types.

But whatever. At least for this week, suck it, Denise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got an IM from a guy I used to work with at a previous

Jan 23, 2020, 1:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll remember that when I'm sitting on the toilet, farting

Jan 23, 2020, 1:59 PM

it out.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Watching a movie"

Jan 23, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Got an IM from a guy I used to work with at a previous ]

generally meant somebody was about to get laid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Got an IM from a guy I used to work with at a previous

Jan 23, 2020, 2:06 PM

Been there, done that. Usually when they bring in a

Jan 23, 2020, 2:27 PM

"battleaxe ####", that's a sign things are not going so well. Seen it happen with large customers of my own, and with my wife's company. They're usually over-confident to an absolute fault, in over their heads, and don't know what the hell they're doing. They #### everyone off, make massive changes in just about all the wrong areas, and then are eventually shown the door, and/or the company/department, whatever goes belly up.

They are usually lifelong overachievers, who BS their way into making people think they know everything. They shake hands harder than a Citadel grad, overcompensating on that as they do everything else. They act like cold, cruel business people, to the point of being inhuman. They try and wow you with their resume and massive knowledge, then try and intimidate you into doing their bidding.

I love meeting them. You can spot them pretty easily. Honestly, you should just bolt if you see one of them come into the company. Either your head will be on a stake soon, or you make the cut then ride the slide downward for a few more years if you're lucky. Either way it's not a good sign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, he got fired, so...yeah.***

Jan 23, 2020, 3:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By far the best part about this post is

Jan 23, 2020, 5:07 PM

discovering that although H-E-L-L has been censored on T-net for at least a decade but the hard c-word apparently is not

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic