Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buyout for BB technically does not change for next 2 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,942

Buyout for BB technically does not change for next 2 years

Mar 10, 2017, 2:50 PM

Here are the numbers:

2016-2017 Salary: $1.7M Buyout: $3.5M
2017-2018 Salary: $1.8M Buyout: $3M
2018-2019 Salary: $1.9M Buyout: $3M

The obvious fact is a horrid, undeserved contract was given for absolutely no achievements. If we purge BB this year instead of next year, it will save Clemson a whopping $400,000. We will add more misery to the future because we will be that much further behind in recruiting.

Even better, BB earned an extra $100,000 in salary for this underachieving basketball season. It will not miraculously get any better, so stop the bleeding now! I sure would like to make $1.8M per year failing miserably!

Thank you, Dabo for not being mediocre!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Buyout for BB technically does not change for next 2 years

Mar 10, 2017, 2:56 PM

Rip off the band-aid. Git 'er done.

Mar 10, 2017, 2:58 PM

Brownell is badly overpaid.

kind of funny how his agent negotiated him as an underachiev

Mar 10, 2017, 3:04 PM

No big money per year only buy out. Great agent.

It's been obvious for awhile that Brownell feels no pressure

Mar 10, 2017, 3:14 PM

and has known he is coming back for at least another year. I got the same impression during the season last year. And no sense of urgency or pressure to perform.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, I noticed the stress on his face more this year...

Mar 10, 2017, 3:38 PM

than past years. I don't think he is worried about his job, but he is definitely tired of losing close games, not making it to the tournament, and kind of looking like a fool to an extent.

Do you think that he doesn't care?

Mar 10, 2017, 3:44 PM [ in reply to It's been obvious for awhile that Brownell feels no pressure ]

It is obvious to me that Brad cares a lot. He truly loves Clemson and he hates losing. If you can't see that, then I would encourage you to look more closely.

Attack him all you want for not winning more games, but it is a low blow to portray him as someone who doesn't care enough or isn't putting his all into the job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sure he cares. He's just not a good coach.***

Mar 10, 2017, 4:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Try to stick with what is said or typed and not what you

Mar 10, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Do you think that he doesn't care? ]

want to argue against.

Red herring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said he feels no pressure and has no sense of urgency.

Mar 10, 2017, 5:34 PM

That sounds like you think he isn't trying hard enough or doesn't care enough, as a result of not feeling enough pressure from DRad. I think Brownell knows that he will be out of a job if he doesn't win more games, and his comments and his behavior reflect this. I see a coach who hates losing and really wants to make Clemson basketball successful. Perhaps you see something different, which is why I asked you to clarify.

You still haven't clarified, so I'll wait...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He knows DRad can't fire him without looking like an idiot..

Mar 10, 2017, 4:16 PM [ in reply to It's been obvious for awhile that Brownell feels no pressure ]

which is the biggest reason Brownell will be retained.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This makes no sense.

Mar 10, 2017, 5:36 PM

Do you really think that DRad is more concerned with appearances than with Clemson athletics being successful?

You do realize that he is paid based on how well our teams perform, and not whether people on a message board approve of him, right?

Successful?

Mar 10, 2017, 7:22 PM

I think he's more concerned about men's basketball being competitive. Successful is another matter entirely.

If success is the measure, there is no justifiable reason to retain Brownell depending, of course, on your definition of success.

Mar 10, 2017, 3:19 PM

DRad not so smart!

Mar 10, 2017, 3:36 PM

Bad for the basketball program!

Exactly....

Mar 10, 2017, 4:14 PM

so if a change in leadership is needed, and it absolutely is, why wait. It ain't like it's going to get cheaper.

If you don't let him go this year, I just don't see a

Mar 10, 2017, 5:03 PM

scenario where you fire him next year either. The expectations will be even lower next year given the personnel losses.

It's looking like he has two more years.

Which is just insane***

Mar 10, 2017, 5:09 PM

I wanted him gone a couple of years ago. Now..

Mar 10, 2017, 5:13 PM

I realize he is returning next year, so I am trying to be realistic.

Re: Which is just insane***

Mar 10, 2017, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Which is just insane*** ]

Amen!

I wouldn't say he's "failing miserably"

Mar 10, 2017, 5:16 PM

He's done a great job with running a clean program and graduating players. When was the last time we had an off the court incident with a basketball player? There's more than just in-game coaching. That being said, there has to be an expectation to win games and get to the tournament more than once every 7 years. There were no excuses this year. Blossomgame came back, our home games were played at home, the talent was there, the pre-ACC conference play was more than enough to set us up for a tourney run and it didn't get done. Even worse, we lost a lot of close games and they were games where our players looked lost at times. That's coaching. He!l CBB even admitted the coaches got confused about our opponent's personnel on the court when Syracuse hit a game winner. How is that acceptable?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It is only acceptable at Clemson apparently

Mar 10, 2017, 6:46 PM

After this 7 year run there is not one ACC/SEC school where Brad would still have a job

Good post...

Mar 10, 2017, 6:51 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't say he's "failing miserably" ]

agree with your points & observations. It's clear that a change is in the hands of Radavovich and his evaluation of BB & the program overall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic