Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buying football tickets at this point...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,558

Buying football tickets at this point...

Jun 16, 2020, 12:40 AM

...is all a matter of risk.

If you as the buyer feel comfortable with someone saying "if the season is cancelled and money refunded, I'll give you your money back too"... absolutely go for it. But you should ask for a big discount to take such a risk.

Clemson AD/IPTAY let alone a secondary ticket market isn't going to refund you if you pay someone for tickets that may or may not happen at this point.

To think the home games will happen "as is" is a 50/50 bet at best at this point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Talking secondary market here.***

Jun 16, 2020, 12:42 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Buying football tickets at this point...

Jun 16, 2020, 7:16 AM

Going to be an unusual season that is sure. With the three month payment setup, Clemson AD has done as well as they could. Those of us that are allowed in may not be allowed to transfer our tickets, so the secondary market may be a moot point. Hopefully we will know more soon but, I am expecting it will be August.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 7:54 AM

I decided months ago that my season tickets this year, if I'm even allotted tickets, are basically a donation to the AD and a placeholder for my 2021 seats. I don't expect to use them, and I don't expect to recoup more than oh, 20% of their value on the secondary market.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2020, 8:59 AM

There's no doubt Clemson will refund money for any games not played. They did with baseball tickets. Also, if you know who you're dealing with on the secondary market you should have no worries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,558
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic