Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday will be Clemson Day on ESPNU!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Saturday will be Clemson Day on ESPNU!

Jul 26, 2017, 4:05 PM

Clemson will have three games in EPNU Top 25 games of 2016 in the Top 5.

#5 Louisville @ Clemson
#4 Pittsburgh @ Clemson
#1 Clemson vs Alabama

The games start this Saturday at 9am and run all day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saturday will be Clemson Day on ESPNU!

Jul 26, 2017, 4:14 PM

The Pitt game wasn't even a good game. It was more just a meltdown and bad performance by Clemson.

That game propelled us to a championship..i know that sounds

Jul 26, 2017, 4:19 PM

dumb but that kicked everyone in gear b/c we escaped disaster once washington and michigan lost. Those guys knew they dodge a huge bullet and it gave our team new purpose and everyone seemed to buckle down. No more BS. These guys took off.

Re: That game propelled us to a championship..i know that sounds

Jul 26, 2017, 4:24 PM

It also cost us a perfect season , that game is one CLEMSON had no business losing.
We can spin it all we want to but that was a terrible game.

No spin-------National Champs. Enough said.***

Jul 26, 2017, 11:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it came down to one single bad decision.

Jul 27, 2017, 5:23 AM [ in reply to Re: That game propelled us to a championship..i know that sounds ]

If Clemson doesn't throw a single pass in the red zone late in the 4th quarter, the Tigers would have been 15-0. Live and learn. And it cost us nothing!!! The trophy is in Clemson!!!

Re: That game propelled us to a championship..i know that sounds

Jul 27, 2017, 1:35 AM [ in reply to That game propelled us to a championship..i know that sounds ]

Agreed. It changed the mindset and motivation of our team. Oddly enough, it took some of the pressure off of them. Sprinkle a little salt from the Heisman voters and there was a transformation from the hunted to the hunters. If we escaped that game, we may have loss one of the last three. That game was part of the journey to the top and should be viewed in that light, knowing that it prepared us down the stretch. Although it wasn't a perfect game, DW4 slung the ball when and where he wanted. A couple of mistakes by him and a defense caught off guard, tarnished an otherwise outstanding performance.

It was a really good game from a neutral perspective.***

Jul 26, 2017, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday will be Clemson Day on ESPNU! ]

Especially if you love offense.***

Jul 26, 2017, 4:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a really good game from a neutral perspective.***

Jul 27, 2017, 6:56 AM [ in reply to It was a really good game from a neutral perspective.*** ]

Should Clemson have won? Probably so...certainly shot themselves in the foot enough times. It was somewhat NC State-ish at times.

Regardless, I actually enjoyed the game and thought Pitt's game plan was absolutely brilliant. Connor was a beast...great young man.

I really don't subscribe to the 'it takes a loss to wake a team up'. Had Clemson won, rest assured, the staff would have regarded it as a loss...especially Venables. That said, the take-aways from the game did pave the way to a splendid midnight in Tampa!

Oh...am I the only one that heard the Pitt fans shouting "2 and 0...2 and 0". I couldn't help but chuckle. Clemson was in Pitt's shoes not too many years ago, so it was easy to understand their excitement and joy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially if you love flags being thrown 5 seconds after the play.***

Jul 27, 2017, 11:58 AM [ in reply to It was a really good game from a neutral perspective.*** ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

My favorite quote from the Pitt game:

Jul 27, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Saturday will be Clemson Day on ESPNU! ]

"These bad calls have cost Clemson 21 points"

Jul 26, 2017, 4:19 PM

Just like the 2015 FSU game and the 2016 NCG.
The Pitt game is one I don't want to ever watch again.

Jul 26, 2017, 4:50 PM

Funny how CLemson day shouldn't include a game where we lost. Just sayin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly I thought UGA/Tenn would be #1.***

Jul 26, 2017, 5:50 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

They also showed the NC State game which we could have lost

Jul 27, 2017, 11:21 AM

but didn't

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez...if we can win two out of three of those games

Jul 27, 2017, 11:29 AM

We'll be doing well!!!.......??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic