Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Burch NOT a Critical Get
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Burch NOT a Critical Get

Dec 15, 2019, 11:38 AM

I don't know where Burch is going, and nobody else on this board does either. We have 3 super DTs committed (Bresee, Capehart & Tre Williams) who want to be Tigers and have been All-IN for quite a while. Not even sure Burch is a good Clemson fit and the gamesmanship with his recruiting is a turn-off for me. I will be quite happy if he goes elsewhere. The only reason to even continue to want him is to preserve the #1 recruiting class ... not a valid reason.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Burch NOT a Critical Get

Dec 15, 2019, 11:48 AM

Ironically, we don't know if Burch was critical or not.

Only time can offer more clarity on if we missed out on a great player ("the next Joey Bosa") or needed him to win a championship.

just smdh...***

Dec 15, 2019, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 15, 2019, 12:10 PM

You love to bad mouth kids. I would be very happy if you never posted again. Your post are not critical

Dec 15, 2019, 12:21 PM

That was a completely uncalled for, inaccurate and self serving statement. I don't bad mouth kids. I was just saying that we already have a great DT class, and that Burch might be a better fit somewhere else. My posts are no more or no less critical than yours ... and a good bit classier.

Ummm...

Dec 15, 2019, 12:48 PM

From your first post:
"The only reason to even continue to want him is to preserve the #1 recruiting class"

From your follow up:
"I don't bad mouth kids"

Those things don't line up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Burch NOT a Critical Get ]

Classier. Lol now that’s a good one

Dec 15, 2019, 12:15 PM

Burch is not critical, but I would love to get him because he seems to be a great young man and a very good football player. I'm not sure what you are talking about when it comes to gamesmanship. He has been quiet about his recruitment which means that rumors fly. That's not his fault.

Dec 15, 2019, 1:02 PM

Dec 15, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Burch NOT a Critical Get ]

I for one hope we get both Burch and Flowe. From what I’ve heard/seen they would be great contributors and teammates for our team.

Go Tigers!!’

Dec 15, 2019, 12:39 PM

I don't know what kind of gamesmanship you think he's had. He's been completely silent about where he wants to go and took his visits, which is his right, it's a big decision. I don't know why you're bad-mouthing the kid and saying the only reason Clemson would want him is for the #1 ranking. That's stupid. I've stated before here that I don't know how good he actually is, since he skipped all the big camps and plays against the worst high school competition around (seriously, SCISA offensive linemen are often 160 pounds). But you'd be stupid not to see his potential upside. He's big, strong, and pretty fast. He could end up being a Josh Belk, or he could be another Clelin Ferrell. But he is considered the best player in our home state and it's clear Venables wants him, and all that makes me want him, recruiting rankings be ######.

LSU will pass us on signing day

Dec 15, 2019, 12:52 PM

they have a few more and we are about done

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Burch NOT a Critical Get ]

I think you are exaggerating a bit. Hammond is in the top class of SCISSA, they don’t have 160lb linemen. At the lower classes, maybe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hammond would get absolutely curbstomped by Dutch Fork

Dec 15, 2019, 2:09 PM

Dec 15, 2019, 12:54 PM

Gamesmanship? because he hasn’t told you where He is going??
He is a fit ! Hopefully He wants to come to Clemson...

Everything I have seen has Burch as a DE, not a DT.

Dec 15, 2019, 1:14 PM

We have 1 commitment projected as a DE so far in the 2020 class. You always want to get a top 5 player nationally from your home state.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic