Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bucknuts seem to have a consensus belief that our D-line is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Bucknuts seem to have a consensus belief that our D-line is

Dec 23, 2020, 9:48 AM

...a major weakness and "not dominant" and think they should be able to run all over us like they did vs Northwestern. Granted, these takes are from Buckeye fanboy website articles and Buckeye fanboy "analysts" on these sites as well, citing they have "watched them (us) a few times this year" and just are not that impressed with our D-line. "They have not played an offensive line as good as ours all year, and that is a huge advantage for us."

I would say the Notre Dame O-line was/is pretty darn good, also willing to guess that the games these "experts" caught of ours were somewhere between Wake and Pitt, when Tyler Davis wasn't playing. They also have been all over saying if we rely as much as we do on true freshmen on the D-line that their genius coach Day will eat them alive--I guess when you only play 6 games you forget that by the time you play a full, real season, that those true freshen are now experienced veterans/sophomores--a major benefit of playing a full season.

Most of the sites/podcasts I listened to during the first 24 hours seemed very humble, realistic expectations and resigned to the fact they we are significantly better and they were just hoping for a good/close game, but seems like they have regressed to the mean after about 72 hours and just can't help themselves. I've watched just about every OSU game that's been on TV this year, 4-5 and they started the year off like world beaters, and they are clearly talented--I follow our recruiting very closely over the years and I know the guys they have beat us out for, so their roster is loaded, but I think the lack of continuity this season and the late start is really hurting them, could they pull it all together for one game, sure, it's possible, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem likely. They have a new defensive coordinator they have been breaking in this year, and just like the players, the lack of practice/fall/spring/summer camps and game reps shows, they just do not know who they are and haven't developed/corrected some of the base fundamentals.

Last thing, I just do not buy the motivation factor, just because we beat them last year and Dabo ranked them 11th "now we really want to win!" so they would prepare differently had Dabo ranked them say 3rd and they beat us last year? Give me a break, if that's even remotely true then they have some major work ethic issues to correct in their program. Great programs, like Clemson, prepare and focus the same way every game. Motivation plays no role in games like these especially, they will get our best and we will get their best and no one is going to win "because they want it more", (they got another thing coming if they think they want it more than us and if that is what they are relying on--good luck!).

Side note: Based on what I heard and saw after the ND game, our guys hold onto any and everything, I hadn't heard anything about the fans getting in the faces of Skalski and Trevor until after the game, so Mr. Wade having an entire college essay style expose posted on the front page of SECpn this past week, devoted to "Sunshine" and how he/we robbed/cheated him (along with last years cheap shots, the last 12 months of trying to de-value our win)---again I say to you OSU fans, good luck with that! They are a talented team, but we are a great team and program, I think we got 'em ;)

Tigers 45-17.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson 41 - tOSU 35***

Dec 23, 2020, 9:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bucknuts seem to have a consensus belief that our D-line is

Dec 23, 2020, 9:55 AM

Amen!

These are the same clowns who are relying on...

Dec 23, 2020, 10:06 AM

Northwestern and Indiana to prop-up their SOS rating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Those guys are expending so much energy trying to psyche

Dec 23, 2020, 10:08 AM

themselves up for this game, they won't have any juice left to actually play it. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listening to them b!tch, moan, whine and complain...

Dec 23, 2020, 10:17 AM

after we beat them again will make for a very enjoyable New Year.

I can't help but wonder what they'll blame the loss on this year; the refs (again), a lack of fans in the stands, COVID, The B1G, the CFP Committee, New Orleans voodoo, the clap, or Ohio meth/opioid heads.

I'm sure they won't disappoint and come up with something creative.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 23, 2020, 10:22 AM

Agree with what you sy about the motivation factor. If that were so important the Coots would beat us more often, but they just keep on losing. I remember when Nebraska just could not beat Oklahoma in the 70's and 80's, with a few exceptions. Nebraska had great teams and you think they would have been motivated more than the Sooners. Not true. How many times have outstanding Big10 teams gone to the Rose Bowl and lost? Motivation hasn't helped them. You'd think all these SEC teams would be really motivated to beat Alabama by now. Fugetaboutit! Recruiting, developing, and execution are what matter. Motivation counts, but at the upper echelons of any sport, everyone is motivated.

Dec 23, 2020, 10:35 AM

Heck, you can even look back to us in 2016 vs Bama. The previous year certainly helped push and motivate us during the offseason, helped us grind to get better and develop, but it had zero impact on the game. In fact, they came out, smacked us in the mouth and it took our game plan (run as many plays as possible) and execution and players making plays when it counted to win that one--motivation had zero impact on how the game was played. Might even be able to argue that Covid actually prevented them from being able to maximize that motivation since they weren't able to workout as much together in the offseason, where that motivation would have payed off, helped develop the team to execute in a big game like the one coming up vs us :)

Dec 23, 2020, 11:08 AM

We only have the #1 rated DL unit per PFF and if they compare us to NW DL it shows their delusion. Bryan and Myles alone produce a better pass rush than their whole DL. NW is a very well coached defense but the talent isn’t in the realm of Clemson’s DL and OSU’s OL is actually really bad this year. Like actually ranks one of the worst in the country. 104th in sacks allowed per game and 88th in TFL per game while ND is the top rated OL in the country. These guys are legitimate morons.

Buckeyes failed to crack the top 100 in passing defense.

Dec 23, 2020, 11:10 AM

I’m not sure they need to be thinking about our rushing defense (which is about the same as theirs statistically) and perhaps think about the best QB in the country prepping to pick their secondary apart with as many weapons as he has had all season. I mean, aside from missing Ngata, we have seen the development of Powell and EJ. We have options all over the field and we use the WR, RB and TE...and then we have a deceptively mobile QB and the best RB in the country playing in his home state.

null

Clemson beats them as bad as they beat ND. I had that

Dec 23, 2020, 11:14 AM

One at 34-17. This one will be 38-17

Not many fans their to either clap, or

Dec 23, 2020, 11:56 AM

give 'em the clap. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic