Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bucknuts: coot level bitterness and butthurt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Bucknuts: coot level bitterness and butthurt

Dec 8, 2019, 2:07 PM

Just peruse the buckeye message boards....my goodness those people need Jesus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bucknuts: coot level bitterness and butthurt

Dec 8, 2019, 2:09 PM

We all need Jesus. Maybe they just need a little
more grace today ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 2:14 PM

Lived there, 6 years. I have a “less than cordial” opinion of them. Come on in, Ole painless is waitin’.

Dec 8, 2019, 2:29 PM

You are right on Gumby about the OSU folks. I have a
very less than cordial feeling about them. I have met
several of them in the last few years and they are
in my opinion..A##holes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

some are sane

Dec 8, 2019, 2:17 PM

BuckeyeBlitz22 34 minutes ago

I honestly just hope we score this time

~BuckeyeBlitz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 8, 2019, 2:18 PM

Yes I personally know several bucknut fans : coot arrogance coupled with a an actual trophy case. I really hope we crush them again

Dec 8, 2019, 2:23 PM

Braided gold chains, three buttons open and a big fat loud mouth. Yup, mid-west coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 3:04 PM

I worked with a Bucknut graduate in Illinois and he was a die hard and at times arrogant fan but all I had to say was Woody Hayes and he was complimentary to Clemson.

Being from the Clemson/Seneca area, I never saw any of the gold chain wearing, 3 button open and loud mouth Mid-Westerners in the nearly 30 years I was living in the Chicago area. It must be different Mid-Westerners in Ohio. I do dislike Ohio drivers on the highway though, scary to say the least.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 4:52 PM

I worked and lived in Cincinnati for five years. Made many trips to Columbus and in between. While there are nice sections out and around the Cincinnati area, there is plenty left to be desired, much like everywhere of course. My reference mating Columbia coots to Columbus coots was definitely based on observation. Heck, even a guy I worked with and thought was a descent dude wore his OU jersey on the weekends (with gold chain) and after beer one had others wanting to stuff a sock in his mouth, lol!

saddis56® said:

I worked with a Bucknut graduate in Illinois and he was a die hard and at times arrogant fan but all I had to say was Woody Hayes and he was complimentary to Clemson.

Being from the Clemson/Seneca area, I never saw any of the gold chain wearing, 3 button open and loud mouth Mid-Westerners in the nearly 30 years I was living in the Chicago area. It must be different Mid-Westerners in Ohio. I do dislike Ohio drivers on the highway though, scary to say the least.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:40 PM

I worked for Verizon in Georgetown, Ohio and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then again, I left Georgetown, Ohio and took the same job in Lewisburg/White Sulfer Springs, West Virginia at the same time out Tigers were humbled by the Mountaineers in the Orange bowl that season. I caught he-ll on so many levels that I think it may have screwed up my perception on the Buckeye fans that I had been around preciously.

All those back woods, barefoot up in the hollar rednecks wont email me back anymore since that time. They sure stuffed my email with cult-like bs for a solid year plus. So glad that those hillbilly chimps are in my rearview. Its another reason that I am so freaking grateful for the run that our Tigers are currently on.

I told them WV fans to suck my big toe, ya know?

Dec 8, 2019, 2:19 PM

I hope we can beat that arrogance out of them.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:21 PM

Even if we do, we already know that it will return in full force the next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are right there with the coots

Dec 8, 2019, 2:22 PM

No doubt!!!!!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I am not into the “alumni are better fans” argument, but if

Dec 8, 2019, 2:42 PM

you think that is a sore subject with us, I bet not 5% of their fans are alumni

Re: I am not into the “alumni are better fans” argument, but if

Dec 8, 2019, 5:20 PM

dsgriff® said:

you think that is a sore subject with us, I bet not 5% of their fans are alumni

I never understood why this matters. Someone should be able to be a fan of whomever they want without persecution about not attending the school or in the case of professional teams living in the area. Hell so many people from South Carolina including Clemson fans pull for Tar Heel basketball. It doesn't matter

theres an underlying reason-they see the writing on the wall

Dec 8, 2019, 4:36 PM

not this year...they may indeed win it all.

But the overall college football trend for them is dire......the sport has left the Rust/Snow Belt schools behind. Beefy, plodding, power football of the North and Midwest is on its last breath. Michigan. Penn State. Nebraska. Notre Dame. Ohio State is the last one left with the lights on. Anyone with eyes sees their neighbor schools dying a slow death. Oh, they look good playing amongst themselves, matched speed and schemes. The media tries as much as they can to prop them up and overrate them every season, but it's a lost cause. Southern football has the recruits, the high school competition, the athletic talent, the weather for year-long workouts....and the success. Ohio St. is hanging in there, they've got a couple Nattys this century, and I give them high marks for keeping up. But how much longer?

When is the last time a school (other than OSU) located above I-40 won a National Championship? (FYI I-40 runs coast-coast through Raleigh, Nashville, Oklahoma to Cali). You have to go back to 1997, when Nebraska/Michigan split it. Nearly 25 years. Think about THAT. OSU is all that remains.

But the clock is ticking. It's inevitable. Like Army, Princeton, Notre Dame. Ohio State is on the list. Their kindred are already there. Ask a Nebraska fan.

Gonna borrow that Scooter

Dec 8, 2019, 5:11 PM

and post it on Bucknuts board ,TU.

they give you grief, just ask them

Dec 8, 2019, 5:19 PM

why half the population of Ohio has moved to the coast of SC?

Because EVERYTHING is better. Not just football.

LOL

Dec 9, 2019, 7:21 AM

>

Good post Scooter

Dec 21, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to theres an underlying reason-they see the writing on the wall ]

I'll have to use that also.

yes indeed. The B1G is still benefiting from inflated

Dec 21, 2019, 9:35 AM [ in reply to theres an underlying reason-they see the writing on the wall ]

Rankings too. Nebraska will be over rated again next year, just watch.

Overall this perception is good for us. When we smack OSU again people will take notice.

Great take

Most of my cousins are OSU fans

Dec 21, 2019, 9:51 AM

The last 2 times we beat OSU has convinced me that I would be okay if they never won a game again.

Dec 21, 2019, 1:39 PM

Agreed we all need Jesus.

Just came across this board when it showed up on my news feed and my goodness. Man you want to talk about arrogance, its as if this Clemson team is the best team to ever play college football. I mean there good but so is OSU. Should be a good game and probably comes down to the last few possessions. Most of OSU boards have people agreeing its going to be a good game because they know Clemson and the coaches are good but this board is so egresses. Yes you have a couple of stupid or ignorant OSU fans saying OSU is going to crush Clemson but that is the minority. Not only do 90% of the people on this board think Clemson will win but they think its going to be a blowout. I keep reading about respect and the lack of respect Clemson gets but seriously most pundits thinks Clemson wins and while were talking about respect were is the respect for OSU. I think this is a good match up and don't think either team runs away with it. I've watched all of OSU's games and seven Clemson games and neither team wins this game by two scores. If they do I will personally come back and apologize. Penn State should have been in the playoffs in 2016 not OSU. The reason dabo was so sure about beating OSU in 2016 after watching film is because OSU offense was one dimensional. Anytime it was 3rd and less than five they would line up and run Barrett. I remember watching and hoping they didn't make the playoffs. Different team this year and trust me those seniors on the OSU team remember 31-0.

Dec 21, 2019, 1:54 PM

My boss is a buckeye alumni. He started the “you do not play anyone” narrative with me yesterday and told us we have not seen a talented QB like Fields. I channeled my inner Dabo and talked about his “good on good” philosophy. Media talking heads and other pseudo experts forget the fact that our defense has to go up against TL, ETN, etc multiple times a week , and vice versa for our offense against our talented back 7 ( and coach V’s psyche). I think we cruise to another championship with a three score margin (or more) in both games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic