Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,441

Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice

Aug 21, 2019, 6:37 AM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849662-meet-cfbs-scariest-unit

Go Tigers!

The road to another 15-0 season started in spring.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice

Aug 21, 2019, 6:41 AM

I dont think I'd trade anyone we have for any of theirs

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ta dum...ta dum...

Aug 21, 2019, 7:00 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to digest that elephant steak....***

Aug 24, 2019, 1:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give me Jeudy instead of Cornell Powell

Aug 21, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice ]

Every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Their group might be getting overhyped but that was an asinine comment of the highest order.

Re: Give me Jeudy instead of Cornell Powell

Aug 21, 2019, 9:58 AM

So you would take their best guy for our 5th or 6th best guy. That makes sense.

I could be wrong but I think the post you were replying to meant he would not trade any of our guys with theirs from the same spot in each rotation.

He wouldn't take Jeudy for Ross when comparing best vs best.

I could be wrong though.

Obviously it would be hard not to trade our 6th best WR for any #1 from a top team.

Them 'Which one is like the other'

Aug 21, 2019, 10:00 AM

Match games can be tough! ;)

That’s not how it read

Aug 21, 2019, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Give me Jeudy instead of Cornell Powell ]

He said “I wouldn’t trade anyone we have for any one of theirs.”

No mention of designated starters

Yep, and they were the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME...

Aug 21, 2019, 6:48 AM

Last year.

??

~JKB

Aug 21, 2019, 7:37 AM

We will have a great WR corps, but whose to say that Alabama's won't be better? Not sure anyone needs to take offense to someone writing that their WR corps is incredible, because they are.

The top 4 WRs returning for Alabama had 1300, 850, 750, and 700 yards. Additionally, they had 14, 11, 7, and 6 TDs.

Our top 3 WRs (not including Rodgers b/c he is injured) had 1000, 940, and 200 yards with 12, 9, and 3 TDs. Even if I included Rodgers, their numbers would still look better. If you go by the numbers they look to have a better unit right now. We have some unknowns that could put up great stats like Ngata and Ladson, but both are unproven at this time. Our WRs definitely have an advantage in size though.

I’m thinking you’re overlooking something

Aug 21, 2019, 8:04 AM

when you compare ‘raw #’s’, ie. td catches. Our guys weren’t in games late, ‘padding’ stats (sorry, I’m not going to take time to dig through the games/stats). But I don’t think your ‘td metric’ is an accurate gauge (so to speak). As for the yardage, there is that, but how did we do? (again, I’m not interested in checking) And, we must NEVER forget - Tide receivers WERE playing in the vaunted (barf, gag, choke, spit) SEC .... (yeah, can’t believe I said it, but it was NOT with a straight face....

Okay, EYE AM biased, but also agree I wouldn’t trade WRs (ok, we’ll miss #13!!....).

But like the OP says, it IS click bait and it DID get us talking - so there is that.

....sigh....

SPOT THE BALL and

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: I’m thinking you’re overlooking something

Aug 21, 2019, 10:51 AM

As a group I like ours as much as anyone. But it seems like we get offended at the thought that someone would write that another team might have a group that is slightly better than ours. If TDs and yards aren't this best metric to rate WR success then what is? Their WRs also had better avg. per completion as well (outside of Ross who was .8 ypc better than Jeudy).

As for junk time stats, I was watching highlights of the Louisville game last night and Ross had a 60 yard TD when we were up 56-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter. We definitely spread it out more than Bama though. Their top 5 receivers had 81% of all receptions, while our top 5 had 70% of all receptions. We also had 20 players with a reception while Bama had only 11.

Aug 21, 2019, 7:41 AM

Aaide from a couple of plays , they were as ineffectual in the National Championship as any group we faced last year .
They are very good , not taking anything away from them as a group but knowing what we know and having seen our two deep ... I think Clemson has the best WR group in the country overall .

Homerism isn't just a Simpson's quote.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Well...if the consolation prize in having the 2nd best

Aug 21, 2019, 7:52 AM

WR crew is another Natty...I'm willing to swallow my pride and accept it. Tell Tua and his 'smurfs' they're the greatest group ever. EVER! They love that recognition!

Aug 21, 2019, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice ]

True for Ruggs and Waddle, but Jeudy and Smith combined for 11 receptions and 200 yards. Only 1 TD, but it's not like they just had 1 or 2 big receptions. Take away Jeudy's long TD and they still averaged 14 yards per reception.

Aug 21, 2019, 8:23 AM

Take away Jeudy's long TD reception and the Tigers win by 35.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point. Made me think also if we score

Aug 21, 2019, 8:31 AM

on the last drive, we win by 42..... now THAT would take on a whole new dimension in excuses.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Aug 21, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice ]

I thought we were talking about WR production, not final score. Take away Ross's long TD and we still win by 28...

Aug 21, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Bruh....(click bait, be warned)....but I’m sure our WRs took notice ]

If we were to take away Jeudy's long TD reception, every play after that would have been entirely different. We can't insert or eliminate one play in a game and assume every play after that would have been exactly as the game played out.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 7:48 AM

Blah, blah, blah ....

Aug 21, 2019, 8:08 AM

Bama and their fans just cannot deal with being 2nd to the Tigers. It is sad that they have to do so much PR just to make them feel relevant. Bama beware another HC the likes of Mike Bobo will walk your side lines in the future. You should get ready for 8-4, 7-5 seasons coming your way.

Dabo would IMO never take a move downward to be the HC at Bama. Clemson is the top Tiger!

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 8:39 AM

While I like our team better (obviously) Bama does have an incredible receiving corps. I’m also thankful that Justyn Ross came to Clemson bc Bama would arguably have the best group of receivers ever if he was in that mix.

they've got 4 great slot recievers..where the 1's and 2's?***

Aug 21, 2019, 9:10 AM

Who in that group can go up and make the contested catch?

Aug 21, 2019, 10:50 AM

We have a couple where we can against tight coverage. I'm thinking Bama's WRs are all quick and win be creating space. Tee and Justyn don't need it. Ngata might the same.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 11:19 AM

Love our guys, but if you wouldn't trade overton for jeudy you aren't being objective at all. I'm not sure I'd trade Ross or Higgins for anyone, but we don't have the best three or four in the entire nation. As a group, top two, possibly first.

Bruh***

Aug 21, 2019, 12:42 PM

Aug 24, 2019, 1:51 PM

A group of 6'1 185 lbs receivers compared to a group of 6'4 210 lbs plus receivers. Who you think defensive coordinators are really afraid of???

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,441
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic