Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Brownell haters

Nov 26, 2018, 9:07 PM

They’re like Trump supporters. Lots of them out there. But they are not allowed to speak their minds lest they be shredded.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell haters

Nov 26, 2018, 9:16 PM

If you can’t say positive things about the Tigers keep your opinions to yourself. Clemson really doesn’t deserve some of their “fans”! You’ve already heard what Dabo has to say about some of you. Support Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:17 PM

keep politics off of Tnet

No. They can voice their opinion.

Nov 26, 2018, 9:21 PM

If they can't handle any shredding that does happen, that's on them.

How So

Nov 26, 2018, 10:13 PM

Elucidate please.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:44 PM

What a stupid post! Just stay off the site if you're not orange blooded.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nobody hates Brownell, some just want better success

Nov 26, 2018, 10:51 PM

from the basketball program, and some of us don't believe that Brownell's method of building the program is not sustainable as observed... my observation is that his best seasons have been built by OP or transfers... the transfer market is pretty big, but that means scouring the transfer announcements rather than building through recruiting... fortunately for him, he has at least 2 more recruiting classes to build his own recruits into the core of the team, and hopefully these last 2 seasons are the bridge needed to get that core into school and contributing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously don't follow our basketball team much.

Nov 27, 2018, 1:41 PM

While we have certainly benefited from the transfer market over the past few years, that is not uncommon in college basketball today. You make it sound like we rely on transfers more than other schools, and that simply isn't true.

Our recruiting classes have been steadily improving, and this improvement coincides with the new facilities which were badly needed. Our class last year was very good, and our 2019 class will be as well. We are now getting mostly four star players with some high 3 star prospects mixed in as well. We have also been in it with some very highly touted 5 star players, narrowly missing out on them. Consistently signing four star players, who choose us over basketball programs with much more of a basketball history than we have, as well as being in the final group for several of the top prospects in the country, is uncharted waters for Clemson basketball. Give Brownell credit for that.

Oh, and let's not forget that we made the Sweet 16 last year, something we had not done in 20 years (and something we've only done a few times EVER).

This team is adjusting to life without Grantham and DeVoe, two very good players Brownell recruited and developed. Basketball season is long. While it would've been nice to beat Creighton and Nebraska, there is no shame in losing to them. Both are likely to be in the NCAA Tournament this year. We are likely to be there too, with continued improvement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If that is your obvious observation, then you obviously

Nov 28, 2018, 2:57 PM

either need to improve your reading comprehension or stop being judgmental. No matter who benefits from transfers for a couple of seasons, that is not a best practice to build a program. Star rankings of players are no guarantee of their collegiate success; Brownell's tenure is littered with 3 and 4 star transfers out and 3 and 4 stars that didn't compete night in and night out to earn NCAA tournament invites. No matter how many 5 stars you recruit, if you do not sign them, they mean nothing to the program; the caveat to those recent 5 stars is the fact that they were SC born and raised, so for me, that is a bigger indictment of recruiting failures that they would sign with Alabama, or Tennessee or Ole Miss or Auburn before signing with us. Signing with Duke, UK, unc UConn, or Villanova is understandable given recent tourney success for those programs, but Bama? Tenn, Ole Miss, Auburn??? I give those programs no more credit for history, tradition or recent success than Clemson, so those are recruiting battles we need to win, IMHO...

Also, we lost Grantham on Jan 20th, leaving a whole month and a half of the season to be played and the team did adjust to life without him, so our only true loss from last year is DeVoe (who literally only played up to his ability that one season). With that in mind, it appears that no one has stepped to fill that void because everyone else is back from that Sweet 16 appearance. Just as well, my concern is not just this season, but future seasons, which prompted the last few sentences of my comments; go back and read them and if your comprehension is working, you will see that I do follow the team... I actually follow it closer than you will ever know...

Nov 27, 2018, 2:04 PM

I just have one complaint about brad. I wish he was more forceful in making our players blocknout.
I have no complaints about Dabo or monte.

Nov 27, 2018, 3:49 PM

Can Brownell stop blaming the crowd?

"There wasn't a lot of energy in the building"- Brad Brownell. He's done this several times in his career. The team just played flat that is it and that energy feeds the crowd.

I think Brownlee sucks

Nov 27, 2018, 3:52 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic