Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell bashers need to stop..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Brownell bashers need to stop..

Feb 25, 2017, 8:46 PM

C'mon now Brownell went to the NCAA his first year (with OP's guys) and has missed the last five (likely 6) and you want to bash this guy. Let's have cooler heads, I say let's extend CBB out for 4 more years (for recruiting reasons) and see what happens. This is Clemson Basketball we've NEVER had a history of success like the blue bloods and shouldn't expect to start now. Be happy we just won the national Championship in Football by golly! We're a football school! Let's get behind CBB, he's a nice guy and he tries really, really hard.

This what some some people actually post on Tigernet. It sounds moronic doesn't it?

NCSU just fired their coach for missing the big dance after just 2 years and we're gonna give our guy a 7th try. DRad is a buffoon if he keeps the status quo. It ain't cutting it with our current staff for whatever reason and this was supposed to be the year we turned the corner.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For some reason all of a sudden I wouldn't mind if he..

Feb 25, 2017, 8:47 PM

returned next year. I am not sure why.

i can't believe we won the moral win championship again!

Feb 25, 2017, 9:08 PM

Yeah....your right. We are so close. I will not argue with that.

he's probably gonna coach NBA next year anyway***

Feb 25, 2017, 9:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

comparing Clemson BBall to NC State BBall

Feb 25, 2017, 11:23 PM

is like comparing NC State Football to Clemson Football.

are you daft??

Then it's time to change our mindset.

Feb 26, 2017, 12:07 AM

Setting low standards is pathetic. We should expect a lot more from our bball program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

no one is setting standards low....

Feb 26, 2017, 12:12 AM

I think instead people in power are simply waiting

for there to be some definitive strategy defined

that will actually change things for the positive...

as I have said before, giving up Bon Secours was a major faux pas in my view.

another "game changer" is obviously ZW.

otherwise, changing coaches is simply retreading old ideas.

there are literally 150 D1 schools in the NCAA who have better or equal programs to Clemson.

that's a lot of competition...

look at how many ACC schools have changed their coach since Brownell came,

and what has it gotten them? Wake twice, NCSU twice, Ga Tech twice, BC, PItt -

of these only Va Tech has really made any positive change...

The way you type your posts is really effing annoying***

Feb 26, 2017, 3:46 PM

Re: The way you type your posts is really effing annoying***

Feb 26, 2017, 5:22 PM

Good lord you're right. It's like he's compensating for his mindless drivel with his "cool and unique" style.

better to compare NC football to clemson basketball***

Feb 26, 2017, 1:09 AM [ in reply to comparing Clemson BBall to NC State BBall ]

IMO, comparing our basketball history & tradition to NCSt's

Feb 26, 2017, 12:27 PM [ in reply to comparing Clemson BBall to NC State BBall ]

is closely akin to comparing usuck's football history & tradition to that of Notre Dame....I realize there are a lot of comparitively young folks posting regularly on Tnet who aren't overly familiar with ACC basketball history, but those folks are missing out on the terrific story that is ACC hoops from It's beginning through "the Golden Age" to the present post-expansion era

I encourage all those unfamiliar with the details & facts to investigate......It's mostly fascinating

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need names... firing just to fire is the insanity bus we don't want to trend toward

Feb 26, 2017, 12:00 AM

Show me a better option who can recruit, coach x's & o's, motivate fans and team, and shows some evidence of being loyal and we have a deal.

If not, then wait until that guy comes along. Because if u fire and hire a dud then we have to wait and do this at a much more drawn out date.

You have to have a better option. My guess is that if DRad doesn't have that then he's not going to cut bait.

Will Wade, Earl Grant...

Feb 26, 2017, 1:09 AM

even Pat Kelsey who just locked up a sure NIT bid and could be in the NCAA's if he wins the Big South tournament at Winthrop.

Will Wade -- Former Manager Would Not Make It In The ACC***

Feb 26, 2017, 7:27 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our friends

Feb 26, 2017, 1:36 PM

In Tallahassee haven't been to the dance in six or seven years with the same coach either but they are a lock to be in this year. I bet the Nole fans are glad they kept their guy. He has developed a good program..... Through good recruiting . We will too

It hasn't been 6 years for them

Feb 26, 2017, 4:57 PM

And they had back to back top ten recruiting classes. Haven't seen us do that

Re: It hasn't been 6 years for them

Feb 27, 2017, 10:46 AM

The last appearance for the Tigers was 2011. The last appearance for FSU was 2012. I'm going from memory so I could be mistaken but the point is ..... we can do it too!

They also made it 4 straight years 09-12

Feb 26, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to our friends ]

and won the league in 2012

I'm not the high paid AD, but we already hired the dud.

Feb 26, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I need names... firing just to fire is the insanity bus we don't want to trend toward ]

To pretend there are no better options is just silly. If DRad doesn't have a better option in mind, then he should find another job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell bashers need to stop..

Feb 26, 2017, 12:54 AM

So although he hasn't done anything with his own talent for 7 year which in case you didn't know 70% of a decade. If he is around next year he would have had 2 complete freshman to senior groups. And you are wanting to give him 4 more years to give him 12 years? Would you have given Bowden 12 years? No. Your reasoning is recruiting? Weird. He hasn't recruited any elite, nationally known talent and I'm sorry to burst all your bubbles, but Zion Williamson ain't gonna come to Clemson cause we don't win. Why don't we win? Personnel issues. Coaching mistakes. Sure we have an NBA first rounder on the team this year, and good solid talent around him but most of that good talent is the result of transfers. He cannot recruit. He cannot win. I'm sorry but I believe we, as Clemson fans, should expect to win. This isn't South Carolina. This is Clemson. We wanna win. We should win. And BrownL hasn't.

Re: Brownell bashers need to stop..

Feb 26, 2017, 1:29 PM

If Brownell's team was winning games, I would be having different conversations.

Brownell has not taken initiative and accountability to correct his team in a decisive season. Radakovich can resolve Brownell with a necessary separation.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic