Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Kelly should be next HC fired....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Brian Kelly should be next HC fired....

Sep 26, 2016, 7:13 AM

I know ND canned their defensive coordinator yesterday but some of this debacle of a season
has to fall on him as well. They consistently have top ten recruiting classes yet this guy CANNOT win a big game...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brian Kelly should be next HC fired....

Sep 26, 2016, 7:19 AM

I don't think his seat is hot yet but Gus may be the next to fall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2016, 7:19 AM

Very often coaches are fired when there's a clear choice in his replacement. Notre dame would be crazy to get rid of a coach that has brought them as far as he has. Also, his seat wasn't even plugged in, much less hot, at the beginning of the season so to fire him after a bad start would be a bit of an overreaction. I think he has opened the wrong eyes at this point and every move he makes will be scrutinized more than ever. Plus, there aren't very many good coaches that I think would be interested in going there. I could be wrong since I don't follow them though

Sep 26, 2016, 8:50 AM

I agree on most likely not firing him...but...exactly where/what has Kelly brought ND?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He got them to the title game in 2012. Granted they were

Sep 26, 2016, 9:01 AM

a bit fraudulent and got embarrassed by Bama, but if you look at where that program had been for the previous 18 years that was a big accomplishment. They only won 10 games twice in that span of 18 seasons (10-3 in 2002 and 2006) and were never really even close to being a national title contender. Kelly came in, turned things around, got them to the title game in 2012 and was probably a 2 pt loss at Stanford away from getting into the playoff last year.

I think he's an arsehole, and they have certainly taken a big step back so far this year, but it's hard to argue that he hasn't improved ND during his tenure. I also have a hard time believing he suddenly can't coach. I would have to see him fail for a bit longer before endorsing his firing. He deserves another season at the very least.

Be serious....coaches would line up in droves for ND job***

Sep 26, 2016, 9:34 AM

Sep 26, 2016, 9:40 AM

In 2012 he played for the national title and went 12-1, last year won 10 games, he is 56-26 overall at Notre Dame and that includes digging them out of the hole they were in.

Real talk......the guy is obviously a little dooshy and they are not having a great year, but if you are start firing people for this kind of success it is not going to end well.

If he continues down this path in 2-3 consecutive years like say a Les Miles then yes it is time to move on.

Sep 26, 2016, 9:51 AM

The DC is the fall guy , but if they finish poorly and :gasp: , miss a bowl altogether I am betting Mr. Kelly will be memorizing a new zip code . P

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I would have fired him just for...

Sep 26, 2016, 10:10 AM

refusing to take responsibility for the losses by laying blame on the players. Imo, that's a must for a coach. A coach's words should always reflect that the boys win the games and the coaches lose them. My goodness, if you're going to blame the troops do it in private and take responsibility like a true leader not like a coward.

It all comes down to one fact of life. Authority, responsibility and accountability are given in exact equal proportions when power if structured correctly. You can't avoid responsibility if you have the authority. Imo, his lie was an admission of guilt. You can't be held responsible without having authority to execute and responsibility always leads to accountability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they lose to the 'Cuse...he prolly will be fired.***

Sep 28, 2016, 12:36 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic