Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brett McMurphy has to explain picking Bama #3 for next
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Brett McMurphy has to explain picking Bama #3 for next

Feb 23, 2019, 7:37 PM

year.

https://www.rolltidebama.com/forum/threads/brett-mcmurphy-explains-why-he-ranks-alabama-no-3-in-preseason-247sports.503157/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn't kick their butts because of rat poison.

Feb 23, 2019, 9:19 PM

We kicked their butts because their quarterback, heisman or not, is a mindless punk who has never felt the pressure he faced when UGA came after his butt in the SECCCG, OU figured out a top down defense with a pass rush was the way to stop them and Clemson succeeded in scaring the bejeeus out of TUA.

Bama won't make the SECCCG and if they do UGA will end their dreams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama is so deep in

Feb 23, 2019, 9:25 PM

The Dawg's heads, I don't think they can beat the Tide. That said, UGA isn't a given to make the SECCG.

I laughed at the comment that Dabo hasn't proven to run a sustainable program, because he hasn't had to deal with staff turnover. Turnover happens for one of two reasons...one of them is bad. Saban has the 'bad'...that's his problem...and it's starting to show.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bama is so deep in

Feb 25, 2019, 11:04 AM

Huh? Surely no one is that stupid....

Re: We didn't kick their butts because of rat poison.

Feb 23, 2019, 11:13 PM [ in reply to We didn't kick their butts because of rat poison. ]

We kicked their butts because their quarterback, heisman or not, is a mindless punk who has never felt the pressure he faced when UGA came after his butt in the SECCCG, OU figured out a top down defense with a pass rush was the way to stop them and Clemson succeeded in scaring the bejeeus out of TUA.

Bama won't make the SECCCG and if they do UGA will end their dreams.

Mindless punk??? Come on man, at least have some sort of thought process behind your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We didn't kick their butts because of rat poison.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:01 AM

OU only had one (1) sack and zero QB hurries or pressures other than that. Tua had all day to play pitch and catch against OU. UGA and a couple other teams exposed Tua's problem with pressure and OU exposed their DBs and loafing on the D Line. Then, it was just up to the Tiger coaches to plan to take advantage of Bama's weaknesses which they did quiet well 44 - 16.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I admit, I said that wrong.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: We didn't kick their butts because of rat poison. ]

Never-the-less, after watching Bama's games instead of reading sports writers and watching only highlights scripted by ESPiN I realized that Tua is like Kelly Bryant. He can't think on his feet. Neither is good a post snap reads. Neither will start in the NFL and I wonder if either will last more than a year if they are drafted.

I apologize for the 'mindless punk,' comment and appreciate you for pointing that out. My rage is about ESPiN pushing him onto the Heisman stage with total disregard to the truth about him.

I hereby challenge you to watch our game against Alabama and instead of watching the ball and the field focus your attention to Tua. I think you'll agree that he saw and reacted to threats much differently than Trevor. His ability to think under either real or imagined pressure is not Heisman quality.

BTW, I was one of the few that predicted a Clemson blowout of Bama and provided Tua's play as one of the difference makers. I predicted a 17 point win which would feel more like 30. That's about a luck a prediction as one can make, or is it?

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like how u think uga

Feb 24, 2019, 12:18 PM

has the capability to end anyones dreams but their own. did u miss the bowl game where uga got hunkered down on?

Re: I admit, I said that wrong.

Feb 24, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to I admit, I said that wrong. ]

KB has an eight lane highway from his brain to his hips, knees and feet. If he can learn to consistently pass like the first half of the Miami game he will be high quality NFL. KB is a consistent, point of quick release away from success.

Re: I admit, I said that wrong.

Feb 25, 2019, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I admit, I said that wrong. ]

I don't think Tua is as good as Lawrence, but the guy is still a great quarterback. This was still his first year as a starter, and young quarterbacks will typically struggle with making mistakes when under pressure with very few exceptions. Watson threw 17 interceptions during his Junior year, and he's doing just fine in the NFL.

I actually don't think he played all that badly against us considering we had the best DL in the country. He had the two picks, but he was 22-34 for 295 yards in basically 3 quarters of play.

You say ESPN pushed him into the Heisman stage, but I'd say he did that with the numbers he was putting up. He didn't even throw his first interception until the 9th game, and only had 4 during the regular season/conference championship game.

The problem for Tua was

Feb 25, 2019, 11:09 AM

He was given credit for regular season excellence, while Trevor was greeted with the 'look who he played against. Then, when the conference championship games and playoffs got underway, Tua showed ######...and Trevor continued to shine. Benefit of the doubt for 12 games was undermined by the reality of three games. And, outcome-wise, it was no contest.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama ranked #3

Feb 25, 2019, 12:15 PM

Based on last season, and the previous 3 as well, Clemson and Alabama deserve to be ranked #1 and #2 respectively, until someone beats them on the football field.

Whilst it would not shock me to see another team in the National Championship game next January, you have to say a repeat last month's game is the most likely option.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic