Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brent Venables to TN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Brent Venables to TN

Nov 15, 2017, 8:50 AM

Just heard a rumor that Bill Haslem (owner of pilot fuel station and money man at UT) was at Clemson yesterday maybe coming after Brent for their head coaching position. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no, what are the Germans going to do now?***

Nov 15, 2017, 8:51 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Re: Brent Venables to TN

Nov 15, 2017, 8:51 AM

LOL...wishful thinking. Ain't happening. Jake is enrolling next year, papa ain't leaving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Nov 15, 2017, 9:55 PM

Folks are just trying to hurt recruiting with these comments....too...

My thoughts are that the Haslem family should worry more

Nov 15, 2017, 8:52 AM

about fraud and the FBI than trying to help UT land coaches. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Not to mention the Browns are ohfer nine***

Nov 15, 2017, 9:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Along with having the state of TN

Nov 15, 2017, 10:02 AM

To run as Govenor. The Haslem’s are indeed the grease that make the gears turn an TN.

The fans will riot here in Knoxville if they do not hire a proven Power 5 head coach with SEC roots , and half of them are already convinced that Gruden already has his staff hired. ( odd because he has not been a head coach in College ).

You all have to realize , there is no more coveted job in all the land than , head man at the university of Tennessee .

“If” they wanted Dabo , they would already have him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really need a /s at the end of this. It really

Nov 15, 2017, 12:02 PM

reads as if you're serious and not being sarcastic but because of how ridiculous what you just said is I'm gonna just assume you were saying it in a sarcastic manner.

Nov 15, 2017, 8:53 AM

Maybe he wants to put a pilot station near Clemson.

Nov 15, 2017, 8:53 AM

I don't think the Tenn job is as good as some think it is. I'm not sure Venables would take it. I also don't think a Venables hire would satisfy Vols fans, especially with rumors of Chip Kelly going to Florida.

Nov 15, 2017, 8:54 AM

He should be in jail for price gouging. His brother too. What he has done to the Browns is criminal

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 8:59 AM

BV is too smart to fall for this. UT is a place where coaches go to get fired. He has it made here at Clemson, where all he has to do is run the defense and get paid $1million plus a year, and have fun doing it. Trying to piece together a ruptured program will be a headache for any coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 9:55 AM

I think Tennessee has become a horrible job - at least until Saban leaves Bama. You've got a murderous schedule every year, fans who think you should compete for a national title annually, and an administration that has no patience any more. Five coaches since Fulmer was pushed out - two in the 35 years before that.

Some ambitious coach will take the money. But I can't see any established coach or sought-after assistant making Tennessee their first choice.

A murderous schedule? Tennessee?

Nov 15, 2017, 11:29 PM

They are in the weakest division in the power five conferences. They played a tough schedule 15 years ago, but it’s a joke now. That’s why Butch Jones’s lack of success there is even more disappointing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Good for BV, what a great opportunity.***

Nov 15, 2017, 8:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot

Nov 15, 2017, 8:58 AM

Re: Tell 'em coot

Nov 15, 2017, 8:59 AM

Trolling coots are just so easy. 14 posts in and they think we don't know?

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 9:00 AM

THERE WILL BE LOTS OF RUMORS BY COOTS OUT THERE TILL THESE POSITIONS ARE FILLED.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 9:00 AM

Just heard a rumor Clemson is shutting down it’s football program

You see just because someone says something doesn’t make it true. People say stuff all the time to keep the pot stirred. Until we have confirmation from a reliable source you shouldn’t believe everything you hear

Nov 15, 2017, 9:04 AM

I never believed it and in fact discredited during the discussion just thought I would bring it up and see if anyone else had heard this. I personally do not believe Brent is going anywhere for a long time.

Nov 15, 2017, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Brent Venables to TN ]

Are you saying the French model I've lined up a date with online is....? But....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he the same guy who paid big money for Derek Dooley ?

Nov 15, 2017, 9:01 AM

Just wondering !

Kiffin returns to Tenn., Venables stays at Clemson***

Nov 15, 2017, 9:06 AM

Nov 15, 2017, 9:07 AM

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Just heard their are coots in this thread.***

Nov 15, 2017, 9:24 AM

Maybe he was there representing the Browns.

Nov 15, 2017, 9:33 AM

Thunk they are trying to take our whole coaching staff? ;)

Rocky Top can’t afford Get Back Guy

Nov 15, 2017, 9:45 AM

They are like 2 sibling puppies at the pound. It wouldn’t be right to separate them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 9:46 AM

I dont know exactly how to rank TN among top jobs but it is a good job and, not knowing who Florida will hire, BV could own the SEC-east. I hope wherever/whenever he goes, he gets exactly what he wants and he will have a big fan in me (unless they are playing Clemson) ;)

Nov 15, 2017, 9:58 AM

Quite the coot post for a newbie

Nov 15, 2017, 9:59 AM

No one wants BV as a head coach. Maybe KSU will put him on their list when Snyder retires.

Nov 15, 2017, 9:59 AM

No one wants BV as a head coach. Maybe KSU will put him on their list when Snyder retires.

Nov 15, 2017, 11:02 AM

you're trying my patience

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Nov 15, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Brent Venables to TN ]

You're not that "sharp" are you?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 11:26 AM

#### Flop back to Cootlumbia.

Who, me?

Nov 15, 2017, 11:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I'm not going with him.

Nov 15, 2017, 11:31 AM

I grew up in Tennessee, lived in Picken County for 25 years and then spend another decade in Tennessee. When I left the last time I didn't leave anything there worth going back for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a few months, we'll throw you a 20th post party***

Nov 15, 2017, 11:33 AM

d

Nov 15, 2017, 11:41 AM

Why do we never see Muschamp's name mentioned when there is an opening at a good school? Look at his record --- eight (8) wins over powerful teams like Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas, Vandy, La. Tech, etc. His recruiting is off the charts, even has a few 3 stars committed. Oh, the perfidy of it all !!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 11:49 AM

-/10

Nov 15, 2017, 9:54 PM

NO CHANCE...MONEY DOESNT MAKE HAPPINESS.....

Nov 15, 2017, 10:08 PM

Coach BV seen leaving Haslam's place...with a full tank. Or was it a BP station?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's just the Russians

Nov 15, 2017, 11:36 PM

Trying to start something again. Nothing to see here.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic