Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brady is the GOAT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Brady is the GOAT

Feb 7, 2021, 10:09 PM

No question. Brady is the GOAT. For now. Others will come along, but what he has accomplished is amazing. This was a real buutt whooping put on KC tonight.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG, Tom Brady is the GOAT***

Feb 7, 2021, 10:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Brady is the GOAT

Feb 7, 2021, 10:19 PM

At this point, I don't even think it's a question. To move to different mid-level team and make them SB winners?? Crazy!!

Gotta give Bucs defense a ton of credit but the culture Brady brought to the team helped every player. I don't see many QBs playing at his level at his age even with the new no-touch QB rules.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 5:57 PM

ICATiger said:

At this point, I don't even think it's a question. To move to different mid-level team and make them SB winners?? Crazy!!

Gotta give Bucs defense a ton of credit but the culture Brady brought to the team helped every player. I don't see many QBs playing at his level at his age even with the new no-touch QB rules.

Tip my hat to his career achievements but....this wasn't some chop liver or even average team.

Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown, Fournette, decent Oline and a rock solid defense. This is not the Bucs squad from years ago...they had a top 5 team all around this year and caught the breaks they needed to make it an did what they should've against a banged up KC team.

Granted, Im not saying Brady didn't help stabilize this team well or help with mentality but...this was probably one of the best teams he's ever been on.

Last year's New England squad was what I would imagine when you say "average" squad and Brady was kicked out in the wild card game

Brady is no doubt one of the GOATs but I don't think anyone had this team NOT making the playoffs just by sheer talent of the roster.

Personally, I thought they were a year away from making major noise but that team caught enough lightning in the bottle to win it all.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 10:20 PM

No doubt. I don’t think there was any doubt before today. He’s just showing off now lol.

Feb 8, 2021, 10:05 AM

"I've got 10 fingers and only 7 rings....."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prob gonna do it again next year.***

Feb 7, 2021, 10:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 2:49 PM

NO - He is a good time sport only! Still cannot get over the fact that he ran right off the field right after the 2018 Super Bowl game he lost against the Eagles without even congratulating and shaking the hand of QB Nick Foles for his completing an unbelievable accomplishment by leading the Eagles to an upset victory over the Patriots!

Feb 8, 2021, 3:48 PM

So, not shaking Foles' hand means Brady cannot be considered the greatest quarterback of all time? Your logic is...well, let's just say you should not be involved in any job related to education.

What does that have to do with his performance on the field?***

Feb 8, 2021, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Brady is the GOAT ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Feb 8, 2021, 3:52 PM

You forgot to mention his fellow goat. GRONK!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 4:03 PM

Put Brady on a bad team and then we will talk. Ship him off to play in Washington or for the Jets. Cleveland is calling.

No question he is great and a great for a very long time... but - I would take Marino or even Moon over Brady. The difference is that Moon never saw a decent team and Marino was the only reason Miami was able to do anything. Even worse, the hits taken at a bad team don't just affect the season, it affect the longevity of the QB (or any player).

Just look at that DW4's stats and Brady's were very similar this year... and DW4 was doing that without any offensive weapons and a offensive line that took knelling past the anthem and expended it for the next 3 hours.

Feb 8, 2021, 4:32 PM

I’m far from an NFL fan so had to look this up. If this isn’t the historical definition of a mediocre football team then I don’t know what is. I mean...it’s not the Browns or Jets but Tampa seems a far cry from a good program.

Feb 8, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Brady is the GOAT ]

FutureDoc said:

Put Brady on a bad team and then we will talk. Ship him off to play in Washington or for the Jets. Cleveland is calling.

Washington and Cleveland were both playoff teams this year. Washington, on a technicality really, but they were in nonetheless. Tampa was 7-9 last year with almost all of the same weapons they have this year, minus Brady. So...didn't he just accomplish exactly what you said?

I think you could also say that New England is barely a decent team without Brady. Look at the cliff they fell off this year, and the lack of WR weapons over the past several years there was substantial.

Feb 8, 2021, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Brady is the GOAT ]

Tampa was not a *bad* team this or last year.TB had the 4th lowest number of sacks allowed which will allow any great QB to be GOAT worthy. Last year they were a 7-9 team whereby their crazy-crablegs QB had a 11:13 TD:INT stat.

My thing, even with Cle/Washignton - is put Brady on a team with a few 2-4 win seasons (and the appropriate talent level and he would not be in the GOAT discussion. Give him Peyton's road to travel - several years with a BAD team and it does make a difference. I think Brade might be able to take a 2 win team to maybe a Marino level .500+ but that is spushing it as with the 19 exception - Brady has had a good OL everywhere he went.

Take the 2008 Patriots team, without him, they were 11-5. Tampa with anyone other than Crablegs-bad QB play and they would be very good. If you gave DW4 a Tampa Bay level, DW4 would have been the best in the league by a wide margin.

New England went 16-0 in 2007

Feb 8, 2021, 5:31 PM

Then 11-5 in 2008. I'd say being worth a net +4 to +5 games is a dang impressive stat in the NFL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tampa Bay had 1 pro bowler this year, that's it

Feb 8, 2021, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Brady is the GOAT ]

Look at how quickly New England has fallen without Brady.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic