Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bracketology has Clemson as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,649

Bracketology has Clemson as

Mar 2, 2017, 2:09 PM

not one of the first four out, but the next four out. I don't know how we're being considered at all at this point, but check it out.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bracketology has Clemson as

Mar 2, 2017, 2:24 PM

We are the Ole Miss of basketball. A lot of quality losses impresses ESPiN.

Mar 2, 2017, 2:28 PM

:) Ole Miss lost to Vandy and Miss St last year - maybe we are better at BBall than Ole Miss is at football.

With only one game to go, plus conf. tourneys...

Mar 2, 2017, 2:30 PM

After the first 3 or 4 teams "out," there's not enough games left to make up ground. So it's almost useless to do a "next four out". Clemson needs to win the ACCT.

Re: With only one game to go, plus conf. tourneys...

Mar 2, 2017, 2:33 PM

One of the few times I agree with a coot

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

A team like Houston may be an exception...

Mar 2, 2017, 2:34 PM [ in reply to With only one game to go, plus conf. tourneys... ]

Because they have two games left, including one tonight where they play the top team in the AAC. Then if they beat Cincy or SMU in the AAC tournament, maybe they have a shot at an at-large bid.

Furthermore, Lunardi has been more bullish on Clemson

Mar 2, 2017, 2:36 PM

all year, compared to most other projections. I think most projections would have more than 8 teams ahead of Clemson in the pecking order right now.

I think 8th team out is about right when you plot it out.

Mar 2, 2017, 4:02 PM

The Bracket Matrix has a compilation of nearly every reputable bracket published on the internet. Believe it or not, there are actually two brackets that have Clemson currently in the NCAA Tournament as an 11 seed.

http://bracketmatrix.com/

I personally think Clemson has to make it to the ACC Tournament Final (which would take 4 wins and get us to 20 overall, assuming we beat BC on Saturday) to even have a chance. I'd put the odds of that happening at like 50/1 though. Most likely, we win Round 1 and lose Round 2 to the 5 seed.

Mar 2, 2017, 3:05 PM

Tell me something you bball experts. Clemson as of today is RPI 60. Will probably slip a little 1 or 2 spots after BC game (provided we win, lose and its over completely).

Ok, given that scenario, who is our most likely opponent in ACCT - I heard Pitt or NC State? Will that count towards their RPI? If so, then if we get Pitt (71 RPI now) then wouldn't ours go up if we beat them on neutral court... I think so but not sure. Also, if we beat State or Pitt and advance, then isn't it possible we'll get a real high RPI team, and if so, even a loss to said higher RPI team, wouldn't our RPI still go up and greatly increase our chances of making the play in game?

I heard before the season started that the selection committee was going to put more weight for bubble teams in the power 5 conferences.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2017, 7:36 PM

It's bc we have a lot of final second losses against decent teams!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT bracketology, maybe***

Mar 2, 2017, 9:35 PM

Believe Joe Lunardi is dating a Clemson Grad and ...

Mar 3, 2017, 6:22 PM

he's trying to impress her, make a good impression. She must be a fox !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,649
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic