Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CLEMSON QUARTERBACKS...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

CLEMSON QUARTERBACKS...

Apr 5, 2017, 6:46 AM

What is it with NFL ANALysts that continue to put down Clemson quarterbacks?

First Boyd and now Watson. The recurring theme is “They aren’t that good of a quarterback, they just have outstanding receivers that go up and make a play”. WOW, such insight! You can have the best QB in the world, but if his receivers can’t catch the ball, he doesn’t look so good. You can have the best receivers in the world, but if the QB can’t get the ball to them, he doesn’t look so good. (Ask any QB that plays against Clemson what his QB rating was when he played CLEMSON).

What’s more ridiculous is the “He hasn’t played against NFL players yet”. DUH, what college QB has? I’d say Watson has played against the best of the best over the last two years and shredded all of your 1st and 2nd round defensive backs being drafted in the NFL. Do your homework. Look at any DB being drafted this year, then see how Watson fared against them in head to head competition. If he smoked them, then maybe they shouldn’t be drafted ahead of him either.

Another good one is “Watson’s not a first round pick in my opinion. He can’t start in the NFL and will need to develop. He’s not a first round pick”. Then, in the next broadcast, “Deshone Kizer is a first round pick. Not a lot of starts at Notre Dame, but he can develop into a good quarterback”. WTH

And finally, the most ignorant take of them all. “Watson was made by two games. Say what you want, but he didn’t win the Heisman for a reason. He was a standout in two National Championship games and made his reputation in those games and not on his entire body of work”. Hey stupid, his “body of work” got him to two consecutive National Championships, where, by everybody’s evaluation, he shredded the two best college defenses the world had ever seen.

Kiper, McShay, Bayless, and who’s the most ignorant of all? “THE BOOGER”.

Come on ESPN and Disney, time to drain the swamp and get some competent analysts in the game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CLEMSON QUARTERBACKS...

Apr 5, 2017, 6:49 AM

Booger was the one that said "Bentley will outplay Watson". Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd - Yes : Watson - No

Apr 5, 2017, 7:13 AM

Tajh Boyd ... best running 3rd down conversion QB ever .. 3rd and short , you knew Boyd was gonna take it up the middle ... But his receivers made his passing game ... Sammy / Nuke / and Martavis consistently bailed him out .. He knew Sammy would beat people over the top ...you could almost tell by the way he hurled the ball... I swear I saw him throw a couple without even looking in the right direction ... Tajh had the distance and his receivers had his accuracy ... "The Catch" I witnessed at the Chick Filet bowl against LSU... would have been an incomplete to another receiving corps ... Not to mention , bless his heart , Boyd looked like a deer in the headlights at all the big games ... even the Carolina games ...

D4 or "Big Game Watson" has ice in his veins ... much more accurate with a lot of zip... and he brought us the trophy ...

Love 'em both but there is no comparing the two...

Re: Boyd - Yes : Watson - No

Apr 5, 2017, 8:33 AM

If we are being honest there was no need for "The Catch" against LSU. I believe it was Humphries who was wide open on the play and could have easily gotten the first. Boyd just didn't look at anyone but Nuk and threw it as hard as he could at him. Thankfully it worked out

Was the catch in this photo the QB or the WR, and ...

Apr 5, 2017, 8:13 AM

... and does it really matter? "Winners are gonna WIN!!"

Joe Montana to Dwight Clark ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 8:28 AM

Look ??, when those idiots get use to being clueless idiots, everything FB begins to look foreign ?? to them, and they will never get it right!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 8:44 AM

I agree with your take on Watson but unfortunately they were right about Boyd. I remember talking up Boyd saying he will be like R.Wilson. I still can't believe he couldn't even make it as a back up like Whitehurst.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 9:33 AM

I love Tajh. I've met him many times and he is a great guy, but that being said, he didn't have the football I.Q. to make it in my opinion. Is part of that on the Clemson coaching staff not having a good QB coach during his time - I don't know?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2017, 9:37 AM

Watson will prove how good he is when he gets to the NFL. DW make kiper eat those words.

cocklover***

Apr 5, 2017, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: cocklover***

Apr 5, 2017, 9:48 AM

All Tiger!

Re: cocklover******

Apr 5, 2017, 9:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic