Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Bowman

Dec 18, 2019, 9:46 AM

I did't want to jinx it before today because of Florida's strong desire to flip Bowman, but Bowman's explosiveness and running style reminds me of Percy Harvin.

The way that he somehow never gets touched by defenders who appear to be within arms reach is baffling. Also it seems like he is 20 yards down field as soon as he breaks through the line of scrimmage. I always felt Harvin was the same way in that what seemed like a normal play turned into a 20 yard gain before the defense could even react.

The only difference is that Bowman has that explosiveness at close to 200 lbs so he is actually big enough to play college football.

I know he has been a really quiet recruit and others have gotten the headlines, but I may be more excited about Bowman than anybody else in this class.

I can't wait to see if he can reach his potential as a Tiger!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowman

Dec 18, 2019, 9:48 AM

Agreed.

Going back to the spring and finding out what the

Dec 18, 2019, 9:54 AM

possible RB recruits were going to be, I watched film on a few of them. Bowman was my favorite from the get. I'm way happy we got this young man. 'Real deal' defined.

Re: Going back to the spring and finding out what the

Dec 18, 2019, 9:55 AM

I think the biggest question mark on him would be if he can get through first contact and keep rolling in the same way that ETN does.

It's largely an unknown because he doesn't get touched on a lot of his carries.

ETN was the same way as a FR. He bulked up and had to

Dec 18, 2019, 10:00 AM

learn to block. Bowman won't be a prototypical short yardage back, he's going to be the home run every time he touches the ball threat. He'll get bigger and stronger and it'll enhance his game.

Re: ETN was the same way as a FR. He bulked up and had to

Dec 18, 2019, 10:03 AM

He is definitely going to make whoever replaces Trevor Lawrence's job easier.

Re: ETN was the same way as a FR. He bulked up and had to

Dec 18, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to ETN was the same way as a FR. He bulked up and had to ]

I'm sure Bowman will have to learn to block, but from day 1 ETN had an amazing balance that allowed him to stay on his feet unless the tackler had a strong wrap up all the way to the ground.

Rarely does ETN get a shoulder thrown at him by a LB or DB that sends him to the ground. In my opinion that is ETN's strongest trait and the reason he leads the nation in YAC.

Bowman is much faster top end than ETN and his acceleration seems to be right on par with ETN.

Balance and vision will be the separating factors to put him in the same level of back that ETN has become.

I've seen very few RBs with the balance of ETN.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:57 AM

Barry Sanders immediately comes to mind. And Walter Payton. Terry Allen had excellent balance, too. He may not be exactly like ETN but if he's as athletic as I perceive he is, he'll bring his own 'wow' to the offense.

Re: I've seen very few RBs with the balance of ETN.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:05 AM

I agree with that completely.

I haven't seen an active player with ETN's balance.

Bowman will do it in a different way, but hopefully he can have a similar impact on the team.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:29 AM

I've only seen a few highlights but his speed reminds me of Spiller, more than anyone else. Don't know if he has that level of elusiveness because, as you said, it seems like he's always just running away from everyone.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:07 AM

I agree that I haven't noticed the elusiveness because he doesn't have to show it.

I think that's why he reminds me of Harvin because most of his highlights show him making one cut and running past everybody.

Watching Percy Harvin at Florida, that's what I remember seeing is him making one cut and going and making everybody seem like they are in slow motion.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:59 AM

Agreed! I love watching his highlight tape. Going to be a BEAST!!!

Just like Dabo I thought of Spiller when I saw him

Dec 18, 2019, 12:17 PM

His speed and acceleration are nuts. He seems thicker and more powerful than spiller was. I think he will be a little bit more like ETN the way he runs the ball.

I can’t wait to see this guy in orange

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic