Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowls Pecking Order Here-ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Bowls Pecking Order Here-ACC

Nov 29, 2014, 7:54 PM

1. Playoff-should be FSU unless they lose to Ga Tech-Clemson should cheer for FSU
2. Orange Bowl-gets highest ranked ACC not in playoff so that should be GA Tech
3. Russell Athletic-probably highest ranked bowl for Clemson vs Big 12 Oklahoma or K State but anyone can land here. Game on Dec 29
4. Gator Bowl-game on Jan 2. This will have SEC vs Big 10 or ACC or Notre Dame. I am thinking they will go for Big 10 with lots of teams to choose from there that could be higher ranked.
5. Belk-would beg for Clemson to fill their lame stadium-wish the players could go elsewhere. If we cannot pull of Russell Athletic this may be our bowl.
6. Sun Bowl
7. Pinstripe
8. Military
9. Independence
10. Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit

How do you rank Clemson-I would not put Lousville or Duke ahead of them so who else is ahead of them other than GA Tech and FSU? I am thinking hope for Dec 29 Russell Athletic but you may get Belk in Charlotte. If no ACC in 4 team playoff we may drop to Pinstripe in Yankee Stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowls Pecking Order Here-ACC

Nov 29, 2014, 7:57 PM

What about the Peach Bowl?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 29, 2014, 7:58 PM

Peach bowl is one of the 6 New Years bowls under contract now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2014, 8:01 PM

One thing I will admit to really not paying any attention to was how the bowls lined up with teams..

So, please elaborate a little bit on this whole Peach Bowl New Years thing please? Does it mean that it isnt competitive anymore? That bowl used to be the sh*t

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Peach Bowl replaces the Orange Bowl when it's part of the

Nov 29, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Bowls Pecking Order Here-ACC ]

playoff

Re: Peach Bowl replaces the Orange Bowl when it's part of the

Nov 29, 2014, 8:07 PM

Gotcha!

Here's how it goes down:

Nov 29, 2014, 8:14 PM

GT gets beat by FSU, OB doesn't want GT because they don't bring fans and they can't win bowl games. When a team has a month to get ready for that garbage they usually win. Johnson is something like 1-5 in bowl games at GT. Also, since OB gets first choice they are not required to take the highest ranked team available anyway, they just usually do. GT is a bad choice that they don't make, unless of corse GT wins the ACC and therefore have to be given the OB bid.

Since we are coming off of a convincing win, GT loses, and we bring the fans, we are the obvious choice for the $$$$ that they want.
Clemson in OB vs ??? Who knows, probably OSU again...
Just my guess. I know GT will be top 12 after UGA win but FSU loss drops them to low 20's anyway.
Just my guess again, and my hope!

Re: Here's how it goes down:

Nov 29, 2014, 8:16 PM

Actually probably MSU or WISCONSIN since Rose will take OSU if they win big 10

My understanding is they won't have a choice...

Nov 29, 2014, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Here's how it goes down: ]

If the Jackets are ranked higher than we are by the Committee, they are given the bowl.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My understanding is they won't have a choice...

Nov 29, 2014, 8:35 PM

Your understanding is correct

Does this mean the Music City bowl is no longer an ACC

Nov 29, 2014, 8:17 PM

tie in?

What happend to the Chic fil a bowl??***

Nov 29, 2014, 8:22 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ChicFilA is now the Peach, thank goodness.

Nov 29, 2014, 8:44 PM

It always bugged me that the Peach Bowl dropped a great name for a sandwich. Thankfully, they are back to the original Peach Bowl name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coots are going to the quik lube bowl

Nov 29, 2014, 8:23 PM

fear the thumb up your azzz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson vs. Iowa in Gator Bowl....

Nov 29, 2014, 8:26 PM

..that would be a good matchup I think.....

Nov 29, 2014, 8:26 PM

The gator isn't a choice. If the Orange takes a big 10 team then an Acc team plays in the gator. So for the Acc it is best if TCU/Baylor goes playoff and Ohio st goes to the Orange.

null

Clemson travel $$ could move us to Orange Bowl if

Nov 29, 2014, 8:29 PM

they choose from GA Tech or Clemson. Don't think any other ACC is getting in front of us. Russell Athletic could get Georgia Tech and Lousville could fall to Belk.

Last week cbs sports had Clemson in Orange Bowl vs Miss State but Miss State lost today so they should move down in SEC ranking.

It will be interesting to see where Clemson lands:Orange, Russell Athletic or lower?

3 loss teams after FSU: Clemson, Lous, Duke, GA tech if

Nov 29, 2014, 8:38 PM

they lose in ACC Champtionship. So Bowls really just depend on who each bowl thinks travels out of that bunch: Clemson, Louisville, duke, Ga tech. Maybe we can get Orange Bowl against Ole Miss or Miss State?

Gator won't take an ACC team

Nov 29, 2014, 8:42 PM

Espn wouldn't have it. They don't need another pansy acc team beating the big bad acc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic