Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bourbon Drinkers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Bourbon Drinkers

Jul 10, 2019, 11:21 AM

Just picked up a very rare Knob Creek 14 year Barrel Select store pick. AMAZING!!!!!! And just when I thought the 9 year Reserve was my favorite.... WOW

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bourbon Drinkers

Jul 10, 2019, 11:24 AM

Very nice indeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 4:03 PM

only way to go !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 10, 2019, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Bourbon Drinkers ]

Mods. We need a bourbon board. We get this poast every time knob creek goes on sale

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stay away from the hard likkers myself, although there

Jul 10, 2019, 11:26 AM

was this one girl named Louise.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 11:36 AM

Assuming single barrel - Austin ??

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 10, 2019, 5:14 PM

Yep

I like bourbon

Jul 10, 2019, 12:08 PM

I've had my share of cheap bourbon whisky dating back to the days when I young and bourbon was bourbon.
I'm retired now, fairly comfortably fixed, living the life of Reilly so to speak. I still like
bourbon quite a bit. I've had my share of higher dollar bourbon over the last 8 or 10 years. I like it too.

But right now Jim Beam Black Extra-Aged is my bourbon of choice. I haven't met a bourbon I like any better. The really higher dollar, limited batch, collector bourbons seem sort of silly. If you'll buy it and offer me a drink, I'll take it and most likely I'll tell you I like it. But honest to pete, I don't see the value in any of the fashionable designer, high priced, smooth bourbons that are all the rage these days.

It must be my peasant upbringing coming through. Yall enjoy the bourbon you like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

price for this Jim Beam Black Extra-Aged

Jul 10, 2019, 9:30 PM

thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$19.49 at Total Wine - 750 ml***

Jul 11, 2019, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $19.49 at Total Wine - 750 ml***

Jul 11, 2019, 12:33 PM

thanks

Have not seen the 14 year but...

Jul 10, 2019, 2:07 PM

Will keep a lookout. Price and where did you get it? I have been lucky enough to find some McKenna 10 B-I-B which disappeared from the shelves after it won international whiskey of the year in March and it went on allocation. Used to pick it up any time for $28. I found a bottle in Florence for $99. No sir. Found it elsewhere from $39-59. Scored 4 at $39 last week. Some dude sold an empty bottle on eBay for $140. ###? Saw it for sale online for $174. Dumb. It's really good but nothing's that good. It's also a single barrel so unless you got one of the 200 or less bottles from the barrel the winner came from you aren't getting what won the award. That said, the mash bill and process is the same so it's delicious and still well worth $39. Also, recently discovered the ridiculously low priced Old Grand Dad 114 at $24. It is a tremendous value at that price point. And for daily use, you can't beat Evan Williams B-I-B 100 proof at $26 for a 1.75.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 3:28 PM

Elijah Craig Single Barrel is a great bottle for usually less than $30 and in my opinion is one of the best deals out there, along with Larceny. Also, Maker's 46, Old Granddad Bottled in bond, and Noah's Mill are great. IF you can find a bottle of the Old Ezra 7 Year Barrel Strength for less than $50 buy it. If you don't want it, buy it and I will buy it from you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 4:07 PM

bookers and blantons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 10, 2019, 4:30 PM

Try a blend of “old mr boston and rebel yell”

Jul 10, 2019, 5:05 PM

1 day old Canadian hunter might take guts of steel, but it will do the trick!

Jul 10, 2019, 6:31 PM

Try Rockhill Farms if you can find it. Excellent

Jul 10, 2019, 7:04 PM

Try Eagle Rare. Hard to find but as smooth as they come.

Evan Williams Green Label put all others to shame

Jul 10, 2019, 8:53 PM

Has a nice bite and almost taste like lighter fluid.

Jul 10, 2019, 9:21 PM

I drink Crown Royal. I’ve tried all others but nothing compares.

Jul 10, 2019, 9:42 PM

And you’re saving it for a tailgate and inviting us all?

Jul 10, 2019, 10:21 PM

Woodford Reserve, 10 year Bullit, Buffalo Trace

Jul 10, 2019, 11:00 PM

Cooperjax said:

Woodford Reserve, 10 year Bullit, Buffalo Trace

Some of my favs. Do yourself a favor and buy of Eagle Rare. You won’t regret it.

Good luck finding it. I love Eagle Rare but haven't seen it

Jul 11, 2019, 7:57 AM

in a few months. Shoot, Buffalo Trace is hard to find these days.

Four Roses Single Barrel is easy to find and pretty tasty

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knob Creek Longhorn Steakhouse

Jul 11, 2019, 9:48 AM

I currently live in Ohio and we are a Liquor Control state, which means the state controls the pricing, inventory, distribution, etc. You might already know but Longhorn Steakhouse partnered with Knob Creek and hand-selected a bunch of barrels that would be available at their restaurants nationwide. Well, the state of Ohio lost their bottles and accidentally distributed to the public instead of their restaurants across Ohio. I was lucky enough to stumble upon one of the bottles in "the wild" and it is phenomenal! Never really was a huge fan of KC but I really am enjoying this barrel pick. If you can find a KCSB pick, don't hesitate to pull the trigger. It's been one of the best <$45 bottles I've had.

Jul 11, 2019, 9:55 AM

Last time I tailgated with Obed (where all the other Range Rovers park) he was serving Pappy Van Winkle. He was not however, sharing with friends and friends of friends who did not have a formal invitation. When he announced to everyone how much it cost, I could understand him not wanting to share with ordinary people. I think he had some Knob Creek, extra aged, for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2019, 10:59 AM

LOL

Jul 13, 2019, 10:30 AM

Was recently discussing bourbons with the proprietor of my favorite spirits store ... and he said Knob Creek was his favorite of all selections. -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic