Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kanyon Tuttle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Kanyon Tuttle

Jun 3, 2020, 7:29 AM

What happened to him ? Wasn’t he dismissed from the team???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kanyon Tuttle

Jun 3, 2020, 7:59 AM

At least the media reports I have read about the incident use Greenlee quotes explaining the incident. DJs Dad is Larry Greenlee who is a strength coach for the team. Which gets left out of the story. Over time the story will probably go like this.

Son of Clemson legend is bitter because he was an also ran player who the only reason people knew he was on the team was because of his dad, misrepresents an incident that occurred at practice to capitalize on racial tensions at the time. The coach admonished a player and the Son of a friend who had known for years for using the n-word and used the word himself in the conversation.

In the Clemson fan base eyes, Kanyon Tuttle will look like a spoiled child. Hopefully, it won’t diminish the fondness many of us have for his Dad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 8:37 AM

Larry Greenlee worked with the Computer Center when he was a student athlete (track team). Larry worked a semester and went on to work with Strength and Conditioning as a student. I followed Larry's career for the duration of my time (34yrs.) at Clemson and was very proud of him when he was hired as a fulltime assistant in S&C. There are individuals you meet in your journey through life that you know without a doubt will be successful and a credit to the Human Race. Larry Greenlee is one of those individuals.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Tazger for your post & positive words of praise!

Jun 3, 2020, 9:14 AM

You need to post more often since your 1998 joining date has allowed for it.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Kanyon Tuttle ]

I realize this is off subject from original post but thought I would add on to this. Larry Greenlee was a mentor for me when I interned with the S&C staff a while back. Truly a great man with a fun, selfless, and lovable personality. I always value my experience working under him (Batson and the others were wonderful influences for a “young buck” like I was then, but Greenlee was the one who initially reached out to me and gave me the opportunity. A true Clemson gentleman, always kind and welcoming, and he looked after us interns (providing us nice gear, letting us to run down the hill with team, and just experience everything firsthand. ) Also got to know his son, DJ, throughout the year during training, and he has a bright personality as well. Coach Greenlee has probably been one of the more hidden gems in the football program, but his work as a coach, leader, and human being is something that I will always admire.

Here’s what I don’t get...

Jun 3, 2020, 10:53 AM

Dabo brings you in as a walk on. Tyshon Dye has the #22 already occupied, so Dabo gives you #81 as tribute to your legendary father. Dabo’s son currently dons the #22 jersey that your dad wore. Then, according to Xavier Brewer, he gives you a job AFTER booting you off the team, and this is how you repay him? Wow. I feel sad for Perry, who you’ve now made it virtually impossible to return to a school where he’s been a hero for so many years. Hope it was worth it.

I don’t think Perry should be held responsible for the actions of his son.

Jun 3, 2020, 11:15 AM

He’s still one of the Clemson legends even if his son is a dbag.

With that being said, his son is not allowed to represent the program or school anymore due to immaturely throwing out a tweet intending to destroy Dabo’s character.

Re: I don’t think Perry should be held responsible for the actions of his son.

Jun 4, 2020, 1:05 PM

I totally agree with your logic. Perry should be held accountable for the actions of his son. Using that logic we can hold every Police Officer in the Untied States to those standards used by 4 officers in Minneapolis or other incidents that should not be used by Police Officer’s.

I know what the photo shows but let’s get all the facts and give these officers their day in court. You are innocent until proven guilty.

IMO PO’s should have every access to mental health treatment. For the past few days I have tried to put myself in the shoes of an officer. I realized they are human therefore they are not perfect. Before a shift what would happen if I found out my mom or my wife may have cancer. My teenage kids may be giving me problems or my marriage may be in trouble. Then the first call I go to involves a domestic dispute. I have to arrest the mom or dad the kids are crying, then I am called to a call similar to GF’s situation. Being human it’s very difficult to turn your emotions on and off. My emotions take over and I have used more force then necessary. A suspect is dead due to my actions. Emotionally things just piled up beyond my ability to properly do my job.

I am certainly not making any excuses for the actions of a PO who abuses his power. But it may not always be due to racism. Being a PO is a tuff job. There some who are currently PO’s but they are not suited for the job.

IMO if we want change there has to be understanding and change from all sides. PO’s should be evaluated more often but not ever departments have the resources. Then we have to accept the fact that for some you give them a badge and a gun no matter what they will abuse that trust. There are bad PO’s just like there are bad bosses, bad pastors, bad husband and wives, bad coaches etc... But sometimes the pressures and stresses of life cause humans to do something they normally would not do. This also applies to rode rage too. We never know what a person is going through so patience and forgiveness are so important in these difficult times we live in.

Violent protest and riots, looting and damaging peoples property solves little. In fact it may make the situation worse.

Racism has existed throughout history and it will continue to exist in our society. I believe we could serve our society best by not over reacting, use violence or hatred to try to make changes. Let’s not let one situation divide us. Take some time to thank about who your true friends are. I think you will find you group of friends is made up of more than one race.

Everyone on Tigernet as well as your families have a great day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No no no. You can't judge Perry by the acttions of his adult

Jun 3, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Here’s what I don’t get... ]

son

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have heard Perry speak at church related events and he

Jun 3, 2020, 3:48 PM

represents Clemson and the entire human race well. It was hard to hear about his vision problems - hope he is doing well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the sake of clarity, the TU I gave you was

Jun 3, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Here’s what I don’t get... ]

for everything up to the last line. I don't feel any different about Perry Tuttle after this, and I hope no Tigers do. But I agree with you that this will likely complicate his relationship with the program. And Kanyon's actions certainly challenge the "once a Tiger, always a Tiger" mantra we all like to wave around. He clearly tried to walk things back, though, so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am certain that he did not get Perry's consent before posting the tweet, and I would be surprised if Perry did not have something to do with the follow up. Kids do immature things sometimes. I know I did.

Re: For the sake of clarity, the TU I gave you was

Jun 3, 2020, 11:39 AM

Understood. When I meant by virtually impossible was the awkwardness Perry will have returning to Clemson. By all means did I not mean he’s off limits.

I'm not holding Perry responsible for his 23-year-old son's

Jun 3, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to For the sake of clarity, the TU I gave you was ]

actions.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Here’s what I don’t get...

Jun 3, 2020, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Here’s what I don’t get... ]

Perry will always be welcome at Clemson. He will remain a hero of ours.

I gave you a TD for the last 2 sentences. Nothing could be

Jun 4, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Here’s what I don’t get... ]

further from the truth.

Perry will ALWAYS be WARMLY embraced by The Clemson Family . . . . with Dabo at the front of the line.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

If I were Kanyon Tuttle, I would probably turn in my

Jun 3, 2020, 11:13 AM

championship ring in protest. I am sure that he regrets whipping up a non-controversy, but maybe he doesn't. Hate to see a former player, especially one descended from royalty, pull a disloyal stunt like this.

Yet he proudly his Twitter “natty champ.”***

Jun 3, 2020, 12:12 PM

Yet he proudly his Twitter “natty champ.”***

Jun 3, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to If I were Kanyon Tuttle, I would probably turn in my ]

Re: If I were Kanyon Tuttle, I would probably turn in my

Jun 3, 2020, 4:02 PM [ in reply to If I were Kanyon Tuttle, I would probably turn in my ]

It’s a non-controversy to us but the outside world, particularly those that already hate Clemson, is twisting this thing into a big deal. I hope it goes away quickly but I’ve got a bad feeling it won’t.

K Tuttle is persona non grata at Clemson, IMO.

Re: If I were Kanyon Tuttle, I would probably turn in my

Jun 4, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to If I were Kanyon Tuttle, I would probably turn in my ]

I read some of his tweets and I would say that he does not regret stirring the pot on a racial topic. He also likes to use vulgar language in many of his tweets, so he is a hypocrite. He goes by the user name KinggTutt on twitter if you want to read his tweets.

Jun 3, 2020, 11:17 AM

Honestly I don't even remember him.

Good. I thought I was the only one that didn’t remember him***

Jun 3, 2020, 4:11 PM

Jun 3, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Kanyon Tuttle ]

Remember who?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both Tuttle and Greenlee were only on the team through

Jun 4, 2020, 1:10 PM

the good graces of Dabo Swinney.

Yet another prime example of ‘no good deed going unpunished.’

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic