Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Dallas need a new coach or a new owner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Does Dallas need a new coach or a new owner

Jan 5, 2020, 3:58 PM

? JJ is way too involved imho.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Does Dallas need a new coach or a new owner

Jan 5, 2020, 4:17 PM

Even in Texas, not too many people can afford to buy out JJ. Regardless of what they need, it is going to have to be a new coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New coach. I hope Jerry Jones stays forever.

Jan 5, 2020, 4:18 PM

Viva la Jerry Jones.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 4:22 PM

um both, but the owner part is going to be tough one to replace. Let's just say there's a complete lack of self-awareness with that franchise

Jan 5, 2020, 4:54 PM

As long a JJ is the owner, they will suck. It's funny and fitting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

new coach. They had enough talent to win imo***

Jan 5, 2020, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stopped being a Cowboys fan shortly after Jones took over.

Jan 5, 2020, 5:23 PM

The franchise went from being “America’s Team” to something that was hard to like or to pull for.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 5:26 PM

Jerry Jones needs to hire a GM and keep his nose out of player decisions. When he let Jimmy Johnson run the show he was on top of the world. His ego got too big thinking he knew how to build a team when he clearly does not. If I had a coach like JJ I would say who do we need to draft and how much do I need to pay? Until he does that my Cowboys will continue to be the laughing stock of football. Kind of reminds me of Georgia. Always manage to do less with more. I also believe they need a new coach. Garrett is truly just a cheerleader.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both...

Jan 5, 2020, 5:58 PM

I stopped being a cowboy fan with JJ’s mistreatment of Tom Landry. I’m not saying the game wasn’t passing (had passed) Landry by, but he was the face of the Dallas Cowboys for 30 years. The ONLY Cowboy coach. He could’ve offered Landry a job as GM or consultant or something. He didn’t have to strip the Landry family of their game tickets either. At least that was the story and must’ve been true, since Landry reportedly went back to supporting the NY Giants, where he previously coached. Totally classless handling by JJ. When Jimmy Johnson brought them back, just as Jones couldn’t stand Landry being “bigger than him,” he had to fire Johnson because he was getting the credit for the super bowl success, instead of Jones. Then after firing Johnson, Jones proceeds to trash Johnson by saying any of 500 coaches could’ve won the Super Bowl with his team. If the Cowboys ever get another highly successful coach Jones will fire him for being bigger than him. Jones took a franchise that was labeled “America’s team” and sure he had much early success, but in many eyes he has since destroyed that prestige. It doesn’t matter how much money he made that will likely be his legacy. Just my opinion as a past fan. So yes, you need an owner and a new coach IMO.

Re: Both...

Jan 5, 2020, 6:33 PM

My sentiments exactly. I go back to Meredith, Staubach, Hayes, and then of course our own Charlie Waters. Met Cliff Harris in a bar in Vail. He was approachable. The Johnson years were when they had all of that misbehavior. That’s when I quit on them, along with the treatment of Landry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

new coach***

Jan 5, 2020, 6:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 6:40 PM

Jerry has given no indication of selling the team. Besides, son Stephen is doing the day to day owner stuff and he will likely carry on for quit some time.

Everybody knows Jerry is the main problem, except Jerry.

I hope he continues to meddle for several more years.

How many decades since the Cowboys played in the NFC

Jan 5, 2020, 7:36 PM

championship under Jerry Jones? There's your answer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic