Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bored help from experienced tneter please. Seriously.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 2,289

Bored help from experienced tneter please. Seriously.

Jan 1, 2020, 3:48 PM

Thanks for clicking over. I have been around here for years but only posted occasionally....more lately. Can someone answer a few things please.

Why is my pulse low? I see newbies with 100%.
If it is because i was tded how do i know that? Can i see it in my history?
Mostly i view on my ipad. It shows pulse %. But when i sign in from my iphone i see points. What’s up with that?

Thanks. Any other info would be appreciated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: Bored help from experienced tneter please. Seriously.

Jan 1, 2020, 3:52 PM

You must have posted quite a bit that others were so unhappy with your opinion that they gave you a thumbs down.

This usually happens when you are being critical of the tigers, nice to the gamecocks, or just giving an overall asinine comment

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 4:13 PM

Thanks. I am not a CBB fan and have probably chimed in on that. I suspect he who cannot be named has zapped me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 3:53 PM

If I hover over your pulse, I see:

Votes: 397 | Votes cast: 9 (89% up | 11% down)

"votes cast" appears to be what YOU have done.

I expect the thumbs up/thumbs down on your posts by other people control the pulse.

I'm pretty sure you can't see a summary of thumbs down, but you might see them on individual posts.

Message was edited by: castaway®

Message was edited by: castaway®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This^***

Jan 1, 2020, 4:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 1, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Bored help from experienced tneter please. Seriously. ]

Thanks. Sounds like my laptop will give me more info.

Jan 1, 2020, 3:56 PM

Do you give a lot of TU’s on posts you like? Or to people that respond to you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 4:15 PM

No. Thanks for that.

Click on your name/profile and go back and look

Jan 1, 2020, 4:10 PM

Re: Click on your name/profile and go back and look

Jan 1, 2020, 4:16 PM

Thanks. I don’t do political. But i am not a CBB fan.

You’re not alone at least as far as his coaching

Jan 1, 2020, 4:51 PM

Re: You’re not alone at least as far as his coaching

Jan 1, 2020, 4:56 PM

Thanks for checking back. I’d a’thought Clemson grad would be treated the same. Oh well.

Re: You’re not alone at least as far as his coaching

Jan 1, 2020, 5:03 PM

Must have posted something very unpopular at some point

Jan 1, 2020, 4:13 PM

You have only 305 TU.....this means you have almost as many TD. Folks will give you a hard time for your pulse here.

Good news is that you can fix it with good posts, funny posts, or informative posts.

Also helps if you TU others and keep your TD to a minimum.

Good luck!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Must have posted something very unpopular at some point

Jan 1, 2020, 4:18 PM

Thanks. Sounds like i could express dissatisfaction with BB and get zapped?

Happy New Year Ithom022 . . .

Jan 1, 2020, 4:23 PM

I have helped you all I could on this thread . . . It bumped your Pulse Up 1%

Hang in there Tiger!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Betting that could do it....

Jan 1, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Must have posted something very unpopular at some point ]

I am not too sure. I try to keep my TDs to a minimum. Opinions are not TD worthy even if I completely disagree.

But, I will occasionally TD a post if someone has a very nasty attitude. I don't like their dirty feet walking through my head.

Duplicate post

Jan 1, 2020, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Must have posted something very unpopular at some point ]

null

Message was edited by: TennesseeLadyTiger®

Re: Duplicate post

Jan 1, 2020, 5:12 PM

You have the @ and the ability to delete the duplicate, TLT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Hmmm....that would be good to know how to do.

Jan 1, 2020, 8:30 PM

I use the mobile app on my phone. Not sure how to delete.

Pro tip . . .

Jan 1, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Must have posted something very unpopular at some point ]

Feel free to express your opinion, just make reasonable cogent arguments, even if they are not popular. be honest without being a butwhole. Personally, I haven't given a thumbs down in years as far as I can remember. At some point I determined that if I disagreed with somebody, Id' say so in a post and explain why rather than TD. With all of that in mind, I post with total disregard for points or pulse, and happily live withh the consequences.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Pro tip . . .

Jan 1, 2020, 4:33 PM

Thanks.

It's working already!***

Jan 1, 2020, 4:59 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Pro tip . . .

Jan 1, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Pro tip . . . ]

I have given 3 TDs. I either ignore it, or respectfully disagree. I gave a TD to a poster who attacked one of our fine lady's, it wasn't even a controversial post. If I do TD, I post that I did.

As others have said, don't delve into politics, be respectful of other posters, and a TU to a fellow Tnetter costs you nothing.

Jan 1, 2020, 4:40 PM

Unfortunately you are probably more likely to get a TD with a low pulse as well. It seems to me that a lot of people see a low pulse and assume troll without really looking. If the pulse concerns you then I would be somewhat conservative of what you write. If not have at it, but the downside is that the low pulse will make it more difficult to get your point across even if it is valid.

Jan 1, 2020, 4:43 PM

Thanks. So why can newbie start at 100%? Looks like it would be the other way around.

Jan 1, 2020, 4:47 PM

Everybody starts at 100%. Gabe you a few TU’s to help.

Jan 1, 2020, 4:44 PM

You made a statement in a previous post noting another poster replying to you rudely and or using vulgar language.

It seemed out of character for that poster or false altogether.

I would provide facts as many posters are sticklers for especially of negative connotation.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-I-think-we-are-struggling-due-to-a-perfect-storm-26575148#26575148

Jan 1, 2020, 5:00 PM

When i get back home from out of town i will get on my laptop and try to figure out how to get it to you. BTW, i feel like you are stalking me.

Now, that's a great way to get TD's! Accuse someone of

Jan 1, 2020, 5:11 PM

stalking you!

Jan 1, 2020, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Bored help from experienced tneter please. Seriously. ]

That makes little to no sense given the first time I ever remember reading or responding to one of your posts was your accusation about another poster.

You won’t send anything worth reading because I know you made it up as did others who responded in that thread as well.

Last thing, I gave you 5-6 TU’s in this thread then you accuse me of stalking you...? Lol, now we know why it is so low.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:08 PM

I’ll send it over to you tomorrow sometime. I am not a liar or a deceiver. I am a proud Clemson grad and supporter.

Jan 2, 2020, 9:33 PM

Maybe I missed your reply???

Jan 1, 2020, 8:31 PM

Coot!

Donate to Tigernet and your positive vibes will increase brother

Jan 2, 2020, 9:35 PM

Word

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 2,289
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic