Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People make mistakes. Especially college kids.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

People make mistakes. Especially college kids.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:27 PM

They made a really bad decision. You're out of your mind if you don't think those 3 kids are hurting terribly right now.

Stop trying to act like this game means more to you than it does these 3. They are a part of this team, and they feel horrible I'm sure.

Say what you want about how dumb they are, but please stop trying to make decisions and determine these young men's fate.

Be what you are suppose to be right now, a fan. Show some support for a tough situation for the Tigers, they're not all perfect like some of the posters I've seen commenting about this

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This makes way too much sense***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think people would be more forgiving if it were 3 other

Dec 29, 2015, 9:30 PM

guys but Cain was suspended for the Miami game (and claims to have learned his lesson since this would've been his redemptive shot to play in front of his S. Fla friends and family), we all know Lakip's deal, and McCullough has been in the doghouse for like 2 years.

It's frustrating that some of these guys have all the talent in the world and blow their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. chances.

All Cain did was miss a team meeting last time.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:39 PM

Don't think that was a huge deal. Dabo said he could have played the 2nd half of Miami but we didn't need him at that point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of what he did or didn't do the first time, he

Dec 29, 2015, 9:48 PM

has to have known he's on a short leash.

There are scores of guys on the team who evidently haven't missed a team meeting this year at all or run afoul of any other team rules. Severe infractions or not, 2 times is a pattern.

I'm sure he'll turn it around but he's gotta do it sooner than later.

They feel horrible because they got caught.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: They feel horrible because they got caught.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:33 PM

Don't feel sorry for them. Think of the other players on the team. These 3 knew what they were doing to the team when they chose to do what they did.

Re: They feel horrible because they got caught.***

Dec 29, 2015, 9:38 PM

My apologies, I failed to remember how easy it is to pass judgement on message boards.

Dabo probably struggles with decisions such as these because of his personal relationship with the players.

Kinda the opposite with all of you, who are quick to judge because you know none of the kids, only watch them a couple of hours a week and pay to do so.

Unbelievable.

Re: People make mistakes. Especially college kids.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:31 PM

Stupid is as stupid does, and now they have to pay the consequences.....and NO I do not feel sorry for them......Go Tigers!!!!!

Dec 29, 2015, 9:31 PM

Kids that make this "mistake" at such important time for them and the team should be gone. Smoking pot the week of the most important game of your life is a big deal and someone you can't count on. Its not like they did it in February, or June. This shows a major character flaw or an addiction. If we let them come back they will not learn.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:34 PM

Kids or not they knew the situation they were in. They SHOULD be hurting! They made a completely idiotic decision and embarrassed their families, themselves, their fans and Clemson. They also hurt all of their teammates and everything they have worked for all season. I don't feel for these guys, I feel for all the teammates and coaches they left hanging in the wind.

Go Tigers!!!

Bologna

Dec 29, 2015, 9:34 PM

This game didn't mean much if they made decisions this poor at this time.

Dont excuse these troublemakers!

Dec 29, 2015, 9:37 PM

Re: Dont excuse these troublemakers!

Dec 29, 2015, 9:41 PM

I'm not excusing their behavior. I'm just seeing past this Orange Bowl and understanding that these kids mean more to Clemson than just football.

Which is the opposite of what you all believe obviously. Looks like if they are not playing football you are done with them.

I forgot how hard all of you have worked all year to get the team here and how hard this must be for all of you. Show some support FANS

Dec 29, 2015, 9:44 PM

Aren't you passing judgement on all the posters. Aren't you blasting the posters for blasting the selfish players. These players hurt the team. The fans are passionate about the team. Ask Lawson or Maclain if they are worried about those 3 players feelings.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:51 PM

So you're accomishing something by trashing Clemson players? Regardless of what they have done, how does it make you feel to sit behind a screen and judge someone you know nothing about?

I'm not worried about their feelings. I'm worried about all of you people who feel like your opinion matters and you have a say in all of this

Dec 29, 2015, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Dont excuse these troublemakers! ]

With all due respect, there is difference between making a mistake and consciously making a decision that could ruin your career and potentially ruin the biggest game of many of your teammates lives.
It's a complete disregard for anything but your own personal gratification and the exact opposite of what it means to be a member of a team.
I am not suggesting that it matters what we as fans think, but don't act like we should feel remorse for being disappointed. This was their mistake and now the rest of the team has to make up for it and that's on them.

Dec 29, 2015, 9:56 PM

I respect your opinion and agree on certain points.

I just don't believe that "fans" are meant to trash their own. Loyalty goes a long way in my book. I understand the stupidity in their decision. I don't understand the grown men sitting around on a computer slamming them.

The team will handle this. There's no team better equipped to handle this situation. The staff is amazing handling things like this.

So "fans" should get back to what they do and stick to Go Tigers

Behavior like this is cancer.

Dec 29, 2015, 10:04 PM

No. I'm not a coach, but I know kids. Sometimes the only thing that gets their attention is the extreme.

1st offense? Sure. Straighten up, kid. You now know what wrong looks like. 2nd...sorry, kid. I hope you find what you are looking for in life. It just won't be here.

"Loyalty goes a long way in my book." I assume...

Dec 29, 2015, 10:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Dont excuse these troublemakers! ]

...your book also has a chapter about loyalty being a two way street? Where was the loyalty when these players decided to make a very selfish decision that could hurt their teammates? I think that's what most posters are concerned with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 29, 2015, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Dont excuse these troublemakers! ]

Are you kidding us? My commenting is surrounded on them letting their team down. I went to college too and they are old enough and smart enough to know they are playing in the College Football Playoff and any drugs will hurt themselves and their teammates in the locker room. Save your pity and sorrow for the rest of the team that is going to have to carry their weight in one of the biggest games of their lives. You need to adjust who you are directing your compassion to, focus on the team, not the 3 guys who DECIDED they did not want to be a part of it.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, pack your bags and get the fork out!

Dec 29, 2015, 9:59 PM

CDS is not the Old Ball Sac.
Steven Garcia's mom called and wants to thank fans like you.

The tigers will be just fine without these 3. It's called integrity, character.
No. None of us are perfect, but if you can't get a handle on reality, maybe you should play/pull for the coots.

Re: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, pack your bags and get the fork out!

Dec 29, 2015, 10:02 PM

Amen! Brother!

Pardon me if I don't shed a tear or feel sorry for them

Dec 29, 2015, 10:13 PM

Dabo runs a program based on holding people accountable. If the names mentioned prove to be those involved, they've been held to account once and apparently didn't learn their lesson. The idea that a few T-netters should "cut them some slack" is laughable given the massive attention they're going to receive once their names become public on ESPN. Any derision they receive here is mild compared to what's coming.

Re: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, pack your bags and get the fork out!

Dec 29, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, pack your bags and get the fork out! ]

Wow. You are dumb.

Not defending their actions. Im defending them from all of these Tiger faithful who have worked and practiced so hard to get that football team to Miami

How does that make me dumb?

Dec 29, 2015, 10:14 PM

Love is tough. True leadership takes a stand. You break the rules, you pay the price.

I know rabid fans can go overboard. But I am not an anonymous, rabid fan. I am an adult leader in my community who has an opinion based on my subjective differentiation between right and wrong.

Did Dabo cut Sammy when he was busted with weed? Lakip's coke problem? Nope. Gave them chances. Grace. Learn your lesson, kid. Should we judge these kids? Heck yes! It is what separates us from those in other programs who don't. Expect greatness. Discipline youth. Remove cancer.

I'm not your enemy. I just admire leaders enforce their convictions.

Dec 29, 2015, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, pack your bags and get the fork out! ]

Let it go!!!! We don't hate these Clemson men. But they have made an INTENTIONAL DECISION that has hurt their team, families, coaches, fans, kids etc... And yes, we as fans support them as men and as Clemson football players. However today they have let everyone down on both fronts. They need to take their lumps and come out stronger on the other side of this.

Dec 29, 2015, 10:06 PM

The problem is 2 of the 3 players have had issues before today...they knew what would happen if they broke team rules again....they had their warning!!

I Will Support The Remaining Players***

Dec 29, 2015, 10:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2015, 10:17 PM

We are suppose to help restore our brothers and consider ourselves unless we are tempted. Bad mistake but we're only human. This is bigger than football. Hope it works out for them. God bless.

Dec 29, 2015, 10:19 PM

You don't Earn Clemson Degrees by being a Dumb ###!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic