Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boat Jounge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 899

Boat Jounge

Dec 22, 2020, 1:14 PM

I drove at total of 2,400 miles to Tampa area. Skied for a couple of days and actually got to ski at Lake Silver where the Cypress Gardens team is located. Then I drug this bad boy home. Super super clean, low hours, that V8 rumble and it will pull your freaking arms off coming out of the water. I am pumped. For now she wrapped and in storage.

Humble Brag if there are any other skiers on this board. Hard to find a good boat without a tower.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without the tower...

Dec 22, 2020, 1:18 PM

How are we going be able to mock your ###### taste in music from 1/2 mile away?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You drove 2400 miles to buy a boat with no rod holders?

Dec 22, 2020, 1:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also don’t see an electric trolling motor...

Dec 22, 2020, 5:54 PM

Seriously I know nothing about water ski ing but looks like a nice boat fit such endeavors. I prefer fishing and kids tubing so I went a diff direction.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me gusta.......

Dec 22, 2020, 6:08 PM

I really want a center console but my wife just can't wrap her head around how well it works with dat lake leisure lyfe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CC's work everywhere.

Dec 22, 2020, 6:11 PM

In a 4 day period last summer I had mine in the Shem Creek, CHS harbor, the Wando River, Lake Keowee, and later that day Lake Hartwell.

That and I can't imagine why anyone would want a boat with carpet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know that, I know that....most people know that.

Dec 22, 2020, 6:17 PM

My wife doesn't know that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, and I agree completely about the carpet thing....

Dec 22, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to CC's work everywhere. ]

Mine had snap in, but it hasn't been in since I've owned it. Prefer the non-skid soooooo much.

Mine is great for all that.

Dec 22, 2020, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Me gusta....... ]

Not too deep a hull so still pulls up and pushes out easy on islands and beaches, heck of a fishing boat of course, pulls tube just fine w 120hp, and still has space on bow for wife to lay out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without the tower...

Dec 22, 2020, 1:20 PM

where are you going to store your smugness?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Bend over and I will show you***

Dec 22, 2020, 1:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice! Does it have the 351?

Dec 22, 2020, 1:39 PM

Had a 1992 we finally let go of earlier this year. That thing was like a Ferrari, even with cracked heads. Awesome boat to drive. And thank you for not putting a tower on it and ruining the look of the boat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, for future reference

Dec 22, 2020, 1:41 PM

https://www.candsmarine.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the vinyl is amazing for the age.

Dec 22, 2020, 1:48 PM

Not one tear or anything. Just some mildew that I can clean.

However I am a stickler and was already wondering if you could replace it and have it be legit instead of some shotty local vinyl guy.

I will pay for good vinyl guys/people. Always worth the money.

I owe you a 1000 TU’s.

They make good stuff..

Dec 22, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Also, for future reference ]

Despite their claim, there are a couple others making nice factory reproduction stuff too.

Biggest problem now is you can't find the old 20oz non woven G&T Made in the USA vinyl they used to use.

Correct Craft's interiors were just head and shoulders over other boats back in the day.

Did you take off the rally flags before towing?***

Dec 22, 2020, 3:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times will it take you to pull up to the dock

Dec 22, 2020, 3:31 PM

on the starboard side, hit a quick reverse as your docking, and have the stern go back out lakeside? (See, cause CC's are the only brand of ski boats whose props rotate counter-clockwise.)

Nice boat though....love them like that right before they started putting that giant cheesy "N" logo on the side for a few years.

Yup, she pulls hard.

Dec 22, 2020, 3:39 PM

will take some getting used to, but the guy knew I had owned a MC and told me that before we even got started.

Re: How many times will it take you to pull up to the dock

Dec 22, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to How many times will it take you to pull up to the dock ]

Approach the dock at 30 degrees then you bump it in reverse while you swing the wheel toward the dock. Prop rotation direction does not matter.
I got too many hours on the water to try to stump me with a bogus boat fact. ??

bzzzzzt, sorry boss, you're good on a stern drive or

Dec 22, 2020, 5:27 PM

outboard, but not direct drive where the prop is fixed. You aren't moving enough water over the rudder at those speeds to impact the boat's direction with the wheel more than the torsional pull from the rotation of the prop is. Unless you go in at a little less angle in the Correct Craft, that reverse bump is gonna pull the arrse back out if you aren't paying attention. I may not be good for much, but I can dock just about anything from 13 to 50 feet smoother than Don Johnson pulling up to pick up Tubbs on Miami Vice.

Re: bzzzzzt, sorry boss, you're good on a stern drive or

Dec 22, 2020, 5:38 PM

After I posted I realized direct drive with rudder aft of the prop. I don’t have much experience with true ski boats. I’m I/o or outboard guy.

No worrIes---it's a weird feeling at first....

Dec 22, 2020, 5:47 PM

there's nothing quite as useless as a steering wheel in a direct drive being backed.

A Correct Craft takes off pretty hard to port in reverse, and every other ski boat takes off to starboard.

Turning the wheel to full opposite lock might make you go a little closer to straight, but that's it.

Re: Boat Jounge

Dec 22, 2020, 5:08 PM

Hard core slalom guy here. I grew up going to the lake and skiing. Good times and lots of Budweiser drank on Wyboo. Love the board. What size engine? 5.7?

Nice man. It’s a 5.8

Dec 22, 2020, 8:33 PM

they swear they have more power than the 170’s but I skied both this weekend and didn’t see a difference.

I got it for a steal. The guy had two 170’s and this 196. He does show skiing at Cypress and it’s very tight turns so they love the old 170’s, especially for wrap around moves.

This boat has been LOVED. It’s quite amazing and I am lucky to have found it. I will send tsmell on price in case you are in the market.

Re: Boat Jounge

Dec 22, 2020, 5:16 PM

What year and what did you pay for it?
I’m jealous.

Wife still talking to you?

Dec 22, 2020, 5:32 PM

asking for a friend.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What tires you got on the Gladiator?

Dec 22, 2020, 5:35 PM

35's? 38's? They look gooood.

2.5” Mopar with 37’s

Dec 22, 2020, 8:37 PM

it’s amazing how great it did going down and then even pulling the boat back to MI. 65 was the sweet spot with the boat. But through all the construction and gauntlet of traffic for Holiday, it was exhausting. Absolutely zero squat on the rear and take off were so smooth. NeedEd an 8” drop with that direct drive. Still sat pretty level as you can see.

The worst part of the whole trip was the first 5 hours. Efffffffffffff I-75 North in FL. Absolute worst. Going down and coming back. Never again.

Replies: 27
| visibility 899
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic