Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, I'll admit it. I wanted us to lose yesterday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Ok, I'll admit it. I wanted us to lose yesterday.

Oct 25, 2020, 11:05 AM

I was born in 1990 - my first memories of Clemson football was the Tommy West era. Need I say more?

This fanbase needs a serious reality check, and it needs one ASAP. It has gotten to the point where I would honestly rather suffer a regular season setback than to deal with any more of you morons and soy boys.

Man up, or find another team to root for. This is a game full of grown men. If you can't deal with the "adversity" of a 26-point win, then you probably aren't one yourself.

If you can"t enjoy this current era of Clemson football, then you will never enjoy it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post suggests that you need to man up

Oct 25, 2020, 11:08 AM

And learn how to deal with the emo tecmo bowl coaches on the tnet.

Losing won't make them change so clemson should just keep winning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Losing won't make them change, it will expose them

Oct 25, 2020, 11:11 AM

Which is exactly what needs to happen. The passion we used to have for winning is dwindling by the week. We all feel it, we all sense it...the crowd energy yesterday was the absolute most pitiful excuse for a home game I have seen in my lifetime (not total numbers of course, but ENERGY).

We need to wake up before its too late. All of us. Just saying, sometimes a loss in the best cure for a lack of focus.

Well ...... I did get two emails from the powers-that-be

Oct 25, 2020, 11:34 AM

to restrain my screaming, high-fiving, and hugging strangers while the stadium. What was I to do?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing won't make them change, it will expose them

Oct 25, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Losing won't make them change, it will expose them ]

We don’t have to lose to identify who the morons on this board are. They expose themselves willingly. HTH.

And here I was thinking I was going to stop TDing posts***

Oct 25, 2020, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Losing won't make them change, it will expose them ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

A lose is NEVER good for anything. That’s just crazy talk.

Oct 25, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Losing won't make them change, it will expose them ]

I’m not sure what would be accomplished by losing other than perhaps missing out on the playoff.

So you were pleased with our team’s performance yesterday?

Oct 25, 2020, 11:37 AM

You felt that the game plan was good?

You saw players playing hard and executing well?

You don’t see room for improvement?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So you were pleased with our team’s performance yesterday?

Oct 25, 2020, 11:45 AM

The play yesterday was pretty poor. We wont know if it meant anything or not until down the road. Fortunately our conference/schedule allows us to be bad sometimes and still win.

They are human beings

Oct 25, 2020, 12:20 PM [ in reply to So you were pleased with our team’s performance yesterday? ]

Was it our best game by our standards? Obviously not.

But y'all acting like this game is some significant indicator of an overarching problem are out of your minds.

Syracuse had nothing to lose, we had nothing to gain. This was the classic sleepwalk-to-victory game if I've ever seen one, and we still won by 26 points.

Like I said, y'all need to ban up. In the famous words of Dabo, "Am I at the right press conference?"

Man up*** But ban works, too ;)

Oct 25, 2020, 12:23 PM

Nm

I have not read all of the posts here.

Oct 25, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to They are human beings ]

Not even close.

But the “complaints” I’ve seen from yesterday are pretty reasonable. Such as:

-We struggled for much of the game against a team that was trounced by Liberty last week
-Our offensive line seems to struggle run blocking
-Our backup QBs are way way less capable than our starter
-Continued special teams blunders
-Inconsistency with our WRs

Obviously no team is perfect. We have some youth and inexperience in key places. But because our goals aren’t just to win this game and win the ACC, but to win a national championship, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have some concerns halfway through the season.

I haven’t seen the doom and gloom you speak of, just fans who love Clemson like you do who want to see us continue to improve. While I don’t want to see us be entitled, I do think it’s fair to expect more since our coaches make more than any other staff and have arguably the most talented roster at their disposal.

I don’t think pointing out problems means that we don’t appreciate the great program we have. Gratitude is essential, but that doesn’t mean constructive criticism can’t also occur.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Blame it on the noon game.

Oct 25, 2020, 11:49 AM

It's difficult for me to "get up" emotionally for a noon game and I'm not even playing. In this Championship era, any time the team seems to come out flat it's usually because of a noon game....or we were forced to practice in a hotel ballroom.

We had zero to gain

Oct 25, 2020, 12:22 PM

Was obvious players, coaches and fans couldn't care less.

That tends to lead to mistakes and a lack of focus. This stuff is fairly simple when you remove emotional bias. Just like politics.

Re: Ok, I'll admit it. I wanted us to lose yesterday.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:24 PM

If you don’t like alternate views on the game, why are you here? I say look yourself in the mirror soy boy.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're not "alternative." They are dumb@$$.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:26 PM

Thank you for identifying yourself as a bandwagon fan for the rest of us.

Let me guess, you coincidentally became a fan circa 2011?

Re: They're not "alternative." They are dumb@$$.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:30 PM

It’s not ####### to observe that neither the passing or run blocking was crisp. Or that’s is not winning football to hike the ball 5 ft over the qb head.

Your solution is for us to lose a game? That’s brilliant...

Exactly.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:36 PM

As I recall, last year’s mid-season criticism is the same stuff that got us beat in the Natty. We all know what’s coming. And it’s much, much better than the Cuse. The coaching staff sees it too. We’ll get better. The question is and what makes it fun....do we finish like last year or 2018?

Re: Exactly.

Oct 25, 2020, 5:32 PM

People were making criticisms in 2016 and 2018 also and we all know how those years turned out. I lost count of how many “this team isn’t good enough to beat Bama” or “Bama would kill us if we play like that against them” type of posts I saw in those years.

Oh S. T. F. U.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:28 PM

The criticism from yesterday is warranted. Nothing wrong with it. We know what it will take in the playoffs. Most also trust the coaches to get us there. This is how football works. Ya don’t like it, take up fishing.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:34 PM

I will admit to this. I never want to see us lose, but the way we played in the first half, we would have deserved to lose.Thank goodness, a football game is 2 half's.

Wasn't it 24-7 Clemson at the half?***

Oct 25, 2020, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So you want the team to lose because of the fanbase?

Oct 25, 2020, 12:45 PM

SMH

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It’s the most idiotic statement I’ve seen in 18 years

Oct 25, 2020, 12:52 PM

on t-net.

Checkmate

Oct 25, 2020, 2:23 PM

Nm

A loss is always the best teacher

Oct 25, 2020, 12:53 PM [ in reply to So you want the team to lose because of the fanbase? ]

Obviously my hope is continue winning and continue our enthusiasm for winning, but that appears to be incompatible at the moment.

I don't think DWatson would agree with you***

Oct 25, 2020, 4:23 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

you want us to lose because you can't handle random

Oct 25, 2020, 1:10 PM

people's, on the internet, opinion. Wow, you should really sit back and think about your priorities in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 1:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 25, 2020, 4:42 PM

We were missing three critical defensive starters yesterday. The offensive line has not looked strong by any means. The short field on the blocked punt and the pick six made the score closer than it should have been. Trever threw his first pick six ever as Clemson quarterback. I will never want Clemson to loose a game. EVER!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 4:55 PM

As for QB play yesterday
DJ has been out for a minute- little rusty
The other kid not sure he played yesterday- broken hand-
the disappointment was not seeing the young kid-Hunter Helms play-

I don't ETN is getting the touches in the running game that he has had in the past few season, then yesterday-they hardly threw the ball in his direction.

I do not think Elliott is as good of a play caller than Scoot and Elliott made as a team of play callers.

But to wish my team to lose a game- is just plain dumb- I don't care if we were 0-5, I still pull for them to win!

Little off topic here- I am old guy- WTH is a soyboy?

Lol***

Oct 25, 2020, 4:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol

Oct 25, 2020, 5:06 PM

Triggered AF

Oct 25, 2020, 5:18 PM

I will make it easy for everyone. This post and the author wins the award for the day by making a post they knew would get replies. In the ACC there is a very good chance if you lose once you are out of the playoffs. I have never or will never hope my team loses.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic