Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest threat to Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Biggest threat to Dabo

May 9, 2019, 8:17 AM

Like most tiger fans, I don’t think that Dabo ever leaves for Bama , or any other college situation. I have, however, been watching Tepper with the Panthers and he seems to really get that marketing along with a good product on the field is what gets fans behind his franchise. He has more money than China and I could see him really going after Dabo (even though they seem to never go after any CU players). Watching how Tepper operates and at the same time the popularity wave Dabo has been riding this week, I can just see Tepper backing up the armored truck to lure Dabo to the Panthers. They may be attractive to Dabo as well because of proximity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biggest threat to Dabo

May 9, 2019, 8:25 AM

I have considered such as well but I think Dabo's focus is so much on building young men to be great Fathers and Husbands and set them up to be successful in life... I dont know that an NFL job jives with that. I dont know if he would feel the same passion for it... I could be wrong.. he may want a new challenge some day but his definition of success is so in line with the college game I just dont know if he would ever venture there.

Was about to respond with the same thing.

May 9, 2019, 10:18 AM

Money will be/has been thrown at Dabo... but the idea of pouring into the young adults is strong in him.

Re: Was about to respond with the same thing.

May 9, 2019, 6:45 PM

Dabo is our Bobby Bowden.

He knows he owns this town, he ain’t going nowhere.

And he has plenty of money. He is working on best ever goat type goals now.

Bloom where your planted.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was about to respond with the same thing.

May 9, 2019, 7:34 PM

Probably my favorite Dabo Saying

"Bloom where your Planted!"

Agree. Plus, Dabo is already set for life financially. The

May 9, 2019, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Biggest threat to Dabo ]

Panthers or anybody else backing up a Brinks truck is not going to sway him at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 8:25 AM

I was thinking flight delay are jet lag given his travels this week. I dont see him leaving Clemson. But I guess you never know

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just silly

May 9, 2019, 8:28 AM

For one, Dabo doesn’t need the money anymore so it isn’t about that. He enjoys mentoring young men that he hand picks, not a bunch of over inflated egos that are picked for him to try and deal with. Lay off the crack pipe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is just silly

May 9, 2019, 9:24 AM

Yes sir, the off season has already getting to much for some to handle when there isn't anything to talk about other than our HC leaving for the pros. I'm pretty bored myself but, the thought of Dabo leaving Clemson never crosses my mind!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much do you think Tepper is going to pay above $9MM for a guy

May 9, 2019, 8:29 AM

who has never coached at the pro level and who partly is successful because he connects with recruits and their parents?

Also, nothing I have seen from a Tepper makes me think he’s a cultural visionary, or even a cultural risk taker. He’ll take counseling from his team and make a call based on that.

I realize this is a message board and batting around ideas is what we do. I realize we like to fret on TigerNet. But the “who could take Dabo?” Fear is just illogical at this point. He’s home. This is 100% his program. This is the school that pulled him back into coaching, that gave him a head coaching job that everyone else in the country said was a ridiculous hire, that gave him all the financial support he wanted, that his kids are going to. He’s not leaving that to give the NFL a try for an extra million dollars.

null

As of last year, only Gruden and Belichick make more than

May 9, 2019, 1:26 PM

$9.3 million per year. Gruden makes $10MM. Dabo is NOT going to the NFL for a single digit percentage raise. Belichick makes somewhere between $10-$12.5MM. Tepper is going to match the salary as the most successful head coach in the NFL?

The whole argument is ridiculous. You might as well ask if we’ve considered an alien abduction of Dabo. Sure, it could happen, but it’s not worth worrying about.

null

Tepper would NEVER hire Dabo.

May 9, 2019, 8:46 AM

That would be fire and ice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Don’t see this happening

May 9, 2019, 8:49 AM

Based purely on job security in the NFL vs what he has at Clemson. Look how well it worked out for Saban.

I also think Dabo likes recruiting too much.

is Dabo himself***

May 9, 2019, 8:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dabo's career path after Clemson HC should be Clemson AD then maybe POTUS***

May 9, 2019, 9:04 AM

Re: Dabo's career path after Clemson HC should be Clemson AD then maybe POTUS***

May 9, 2019, 9:19 AM

Dabo would not have the freedom to express his faith in God at the North Carolina Panthers. This is the most important reason he will not leave Clemson.

Re: Dabo's career path after Clemson HC should be Clemson AD then maybe POTUS***

May 9, 2019, 1:01 PM

What? Has the NFL banned Christians or something?

May 9, 2019, 3:05 PM

WHERE'VE YOU BEEN...

YEP...

Re: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN Tigerphils?

May 9, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's career path after Clemson HC should be Clemson AD then maybe POTUS*** ]

Yeah did you pull a Rip Van Winkle and fall asleep for 20+ years Tigerphils???

Sorry, but i don't want a former coach as an AD

May 9, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Dabo's career path after Clemson HC should be Clemson AD then maybe POTUS*** ]

I think the AD position has evolved to the point where most former coaches are just in over their heads.

May 9, 2019, 9:15 AM

Dabo ISN'T hurting for money, and with money not being an issue in his life, I don't think that money would ever lure Dabo from Clemson bc, He absolutely loves where he is at, and he controls everything that happens with his job. So I can't think of any reasons why he would give up any of what he has now, and risk it all for a job with the Panthers or any other team in college or the Pros!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so many successful college coaches have tried the pro

May 9, 2019, 9:46 AM

route only to return to coach college football, Spurrier, Saban etc. I think Dabo is smart and has seen this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so many successful college coaches have tried the pro

May 9, 2019, 11:38 AM

That is correct. Ask Saban why he is at Bama now.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't see Dabo as an NFL coach

May 9, 2019, 9:50 AM

Many of his best attributes would go to waste as an NFL HC.

Re: I just don't see Dabo as an NFL coach

May 9, 2019, 1:08 PM

The first ten years Dabo used to move Clemson to Elite (top) status. I think that his plan is to use the next ten years to move Clemson to the "All time great programs" list...and himself to legendary status.

'His will be done....'***

May 9, 2019, 6:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see it, not with the huge 10-year contract

May 9, 2019, 9:55 AM

he just signed. Like others, I believe he feels his life calling is helping young men start and stay on the right track with their lives.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Pride.

May 9, 2019, 10:03 AM

That's the only thing that can bring him down and he seems to well aware of it. He always presents himself as lesser than he is to others. That's the main reason I love him, his heart seems right before God and is reflected in the way he presents himself before man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 10:14 AM

Overexposure, changing habits and outlook due to wealth ...

But the man has done an A+++ job for Clemson and we all which him the best ...

Dabo honors contracts *

May 9, 2019, 11:11 AM

Nm

What does that mean?

May 9, 2019, 12:39 PM

Are you saying he just 100% committed to the full 10 years of this new deal? I'm not sure i believe that. I'm not saying he won't be at Clemson 10 years from now, but i doubt even he knows that for sure right now.

I respect your opinion and thinking that through

May 9, 2019, 11:41 AM

But I just see no way Dabo ever goes to the NFL. Not his style.

The Biggest Threat To Dabo is the Clemson Fans...

May 9, 2019, 3:14 PM

When fans and some people in the media are complaining because we aren't winning with enough style points is a problem....Dabo touched on that and I do think Mr or Mrs Hood along with a lot of fans stirred that pot up a bit...

Here's another issue with the fans...mainly the younger ones:

We are at a point where a 10 year old kid has never seen Clemson as a bad program. Even the 15-20 year olds probably don't remember much of the Pre-Dabo years and that's going to be a problem one day when Clemson eventually has that down year or Heaven forbid a 8-9 win season.

Imploding from within is Dabo's and Clemson's biggest threat

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: The Biggest Threat To Dabo is the Clemson Fans...

May 9, 2019, 7:56 PM

CU_Tigers4life® You knocked the Nail on the Head! We think alike, Great reply!

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic