Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big respect from the CBS Signing Day Central guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,115

Big respect from the CBS Signing Day Central guys

Feb 1, 2017, 10:24 AM

Basically said that the strategy of our coaching staff over the years is a big factor leading to our success; so the smaller class size isn't an indication of a problem, but the outstanding talent level is indicative of how well we are meeting our needs. With the young talent we already have, this class is just another key piece of the championship puzzle. We're built to last.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to

Feb 1, 2017, 10:31 AM

have small classes. And I mean never.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Dabo doesn't tend to "cull the herd"...

Feb 1, 2017, 10:34 AM

year after year like many $EC schools.

Several of the guys $CU signed today won't be around in another year or two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Because Dabo doesn't tend to "cull the herd"..Mack Brown

Feb 1, 2017, 10:36 AM

gave us props on this and pointed it out earlier on ESPNU. Said guys are staying, developing, and making good decisions. I think this approach will help us long term versus sign and cull schools

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple and correct answer. Clemson is concerned about

Feb 1, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Because Dabo doesn't tend to "cull the herd"... ]

the individuals, others about the program. No coaching up, just moving on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to

Feb 1, 2017, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to ]

Its okay youre not a Clemson fan anyway Mr I wouldnt care if Clemson ceased to exist.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 1, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to ]

Because they over sign every year. I did the math on USC. I don't have the numbers in front of me. In the previous 5 years, they signed 130 recruits. Keep in mind, you can only have 85 on scholarship. You can also only bring in a maximum of 25 in a given year. Reality is they bring in more than they are allowed by NCAA. If the NCAA would do an accounting audit of scholarships given, bet a lot of school would be in trouble for their fuzzy ("this guy accounts back to the last class") math.

Feb 1, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to ]

By the time you factor in kids who have their scholarships pulled because they did not pan out, the kids who are kicked off the teams for getting into trouble, poor grades, transfers, and finally when they no longer have early playing time to throw out there along with over signing, that's how they have so many open scholarships.

At Clemson kids Dabo and Co recruit first are kids of Character, integrity and are looking to leave Clemson a changed individual. They usually have their degree and leave Clemson with a much better work ethic, moral values and an appreciation that they earned everything they achieved at Clemson.

Dabo and Co also does an excellent job of recruiting kids that fit the program, doing an outstanding job of eveliating talent so they don't have to recruit 25 kids to hopefully get 14 kids that will impact the program. We signed 14 impact players.

And one huge thing is our coaches have the ability to turn walks on like Hunter Renfrow into scholarship players!

Clemson has become the place to be. It's a 3 to 4 year adventure for these kids. I am sure the Richardson kid would rather have signed with Clemson instead of Maryland. But I believe grades were a problem.

Great Job to all of the Clemson staff that made this another great recruiting class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to ]

By the time you factor in kids who have their scholarships pulled because they did not pan out, the kids who are kicked off the teams for getting into trouble, poor grades, transfers, and finally when they no longer have early playing time to throw out there along with over signing, that's how they have so many open scholarships.

At Clemson kids Dabo and Co recruit first are kids of Character, integrity and are looking to leave Clemson a changed individual. They usually have their degree and leave Clemson with a much better work ethic, moral values and an appreciation that they earned everything they achieved at Clemson.

Dabo and Co also does an excellent job of recruiting kids that fit the program, doing an outstanding job of eveliating talent so they don't have to recruit 25 kids to hopefully get 14 kids that will impact the program. We signed 14 impact players.

And one huge thing is our coaches have the ability to turn walks on like Hunter Renfrow into scholarship players!

Clemson has become the place to be. It's a 3 to 4 year adventure for these kids. I am sure the Richardson kid would rather have signed with Clemson instead of Maryland. But I believe grades were a problem.

Great Job to all of the Clemson staff that made this another great recruiting class.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nine of our 14 are top 300 players

Feb 1, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to ]

The total number might not be high, but what we got are the best players who will contribute. There won't be any yanking of scholarships.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

because they miss a lot more than we do***

Feb 1, 2017, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Still don't understand why Bama, Georgia,SC never have to ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the difference between rebuilding and reloading.***

Feb 1, 2017, 10:31 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's it exactly - Dabo knows how to ........

Feb 1, 2017, 10:33 AM

reload each year instead of having to rebuild from year to year. We've become the football power and NC we are because of this. Loser programs like in Columbia hit it big every blue moon or so then sink back into obscurity because they don't know how to recruit and/or develop talent.

The same thing exists at Georgia. I live in Atlanta and hear every year how great their recruiting classes are (Top 5, etc.) but then you never see the results on the field. They've wasted their talent and that's what cost Richt his job there.

We recruit top talent and then coach them up - that's what it's all about.

Re: Big respect from the CBS Signing Day Central guys

Feb 1, 2017, 10:37 AM

Thanks for explaining that FT. I've been a little uneasy having such a small class. But it makes sense. When you think of the 3-star recruits that make it into the NFL, you have to know that our coaches are doing it right.

I think it also has a LOT to do with...

Feb 1, 2017, 10:43 AM

the kind of guys Dabo and staff bring in. Have you noticed that we rarely seem to have discipline issues lately? Other than the thing with Sammy a few years back, we just haven't had any high-profile drama with Dabo's players. They win and don't get in trouble. That speaks to the character of the young men in the program. That's why Clemson is a special place.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lakip says hi***

Feb 1, 2017, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Big respect from the CBS Signing Day Central guys

Feb 1, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Big respect from the CBS Signing Day Central guys ]

All the things mentioned and our walk-ons panning out keep our numbers low.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quality, not quantity.***

Feb 1, 2017, 10:58 AM

Aren't we just really young still? We don't need 30 dudes

Feb 1, 2017, 11:08 AM

because we're young already...

Exactly, 9 Seniors, 27 Juniors, 22 Sophmores next year

Feb 1, 2017, 11:22 AM

Plus 12 Redshirt Freshman and 14 newbies. That leaves one scholly for a walk on.
I expect only 5 - 7 redshirts this year. Mostly OL and LBs.

Message was edited by: RoperMtn®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Could always use some more big uglies, but got a few good

Feb 1, 2017, 11:51 AM

ones this time

Dabo has been rewriting the recruiting formula since he

Feb 1, 2017, 12:06 PM

arrived here in 2003. And since taking over as the head man, he's taken that to a whole new level - not just for CU, but throughout the college ranks in general.

They target and heavily key on personality and talent in a way that attracts committed kids who are mentally prepared to go the distance. This program is chock full of leadership throughout the ranks, with a healthy mix of salty veterans in place on a consistent basis to bring each new wave along and help get them acclimated to the program and its expectations.

When you bring in this type of student-athlete year after year, class after class, you find yourself with a foundation that is unparalleled in its strength and commitment. Mix in a coaching philosophy rooted in nurturing instead of fear, and you create a longevity that truly seems to have no equal in the game, illustrated clearly in the class sizes we see on a regular basis in comparison.

It's really a beautiful thing to behold, and I count myself extremely fortunate to be an alumnus and fan of such a program. Beyond that, though, I am probably more excited for the kids themselves than anyone, knowing what opportunities lay ahead for them whether they develop into NFL talent or not.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic