Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Game Tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Big Game Tonight

Feb 1, 2020, 6:54 AM

It is sad and rather pathetic that while our basketball team has an important road game tonight that a majority of the front page posts on this board are still mired in football. I love football but this is BASKETBALL SEASON ! We are just as bad about this as UNC/DUKE are about ignoring football for basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw your post about O.J. a few days ago

Feb 1, 2020, 8:21 AM

where you had an issue with his daily post. Let it rest. If you want to complain about BB posts or lack thereof, limit it to people who openly write negative things about the program and we will have more positives on here.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big Game Tonight

Feb 1, 2020, 8:37 AM

I dont get the indifference to hoops when foootball is done. I would think if you love Clemson you'd want them to do well but with some its the opposite. Talking fans and not Tnet

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes ... ??

Feb 1, 2020, 8:42 AM

I like my games with tiger paws and orange jerseys ?? the sport almost doesn’t matter

Re: Big Game Tonight

Feb 1, 2020, 8:44 AM

I love basketball and it was my first love at Clemson. But it’s really hard to be a Clemson basketball fan - especially lately. Just when you think they’re poised for a decent season they crush you. I watch. I care. But I don’t think about it too much - or therefore post about it too much.

what's a good topic for a basketball thread?

Feb 1, 2020, 8:59 AM

We had a good one yesterday.

There are also filters on the site as well. If you use the basketball filter, there won't be any football talk.

But honestly, football has nearly year round news cycle. NSD next week. Spring practice....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not embrace all Clemson sports 365? SMH***

Feb 1, 2020, 9:09 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is amphitheatre season?

Feb 1, 2020, 9:28 AM

I want to research some topics

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must Win Game Tonight

Feb 1, 2020, 10:58 AM

Wake is one of the worst teams in the league and they are due to beat Clemson. Getting road wins at BC, Tech, and Pitt are going to be even harder. So tonight is a must win to have any hope of getting to the NIT without another major upset. Tigers a 2 point favorite.

I agree. In case you haven’t noticed, many fans here like to brag

Feb 1, 2020, 12:22 PM

about what great basketball support we provide the team. They reference games in Fike that were packed to the exits, games in Littlejohn where aisles were filled, and occasions in the past where students camped out for tickets.

However, when confronted with evidence that there are routinely many empty seats in Littlejohn, the excuses start flowing. Brownell coaches boring basketball, we don’t win enough, games are at bad times, etc. This approach spills over to message boards too.

But no matter how silly these excuses are, there is one that tops them all: we are a football school, and football is always more important. Whether it’s a football game, football scrimmage, recruiting event, etc., football should always be more important in terms of support and discussion. That’s why the main Tiger Boards page not only has more Clemson football posts than basketball posts, it often has more non-Clemson football posts than basketball posts.

So basically, our “fans” will be excited about basketball, and support it well, if and only if the team is exciting enough and successful enough, the games are at a good time, and there isn’t football news deemed more interesting than Clemson basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree. In case you haven’t noticed, many fans here like to brag

Feb 1, 2020, 12:34 PM

I dont get why there is not more support.

I have some season tickets and some mobile passes.

The mobile pass was a great deal. For 199 you got all the mens and womens games. I am finding the mobile pass to frequently be in the lower tier only a few sections over from my season tickets.

I get maybe the cost of season tickets can be high with the seat equity plus the ticket cost. But these mobile passes should have sold out.

Its kind of sad. :(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers!

Feb 1, 2020, 1:25 PM

Beat the Deacs!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic