Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biden will prevail; I’m ok with this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Biden will prevail; I’m ok with this

Nov 5, 2020, 7:37 PM

B/c he really doesn’t have a mandate and the Senate will most likely remain in Pub control
Trump just made an a*s of himself..,,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gonna be a huuuuuuuge January in GA***

Nov 5, 2020, 7:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonna be a huuuuuuuge January in GA***

Nov 5, 2020, 7:41 PM

I'd vote twice for R's in GA to make sure they keep the senate. I don't want my taxes raised or my huge windows made illegal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Talk about turnout. It will be bananas.

Nov 5, 2020, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Gonna be a huuuuuuuge January in GA*** ]

If you approach 100% turnout, I would think Republicans have a majority in the state, but I don't know that.

Re: Biden will prevail; I’m ok with this

Nov 5, 2020, 7:40 PM

Divided government will be perfect for us. The temperature needs to be lowered.

Don't think it's going to cool down...

Nov 5, 2020, 7:46 PM

it hasn't been cooled down for quite awhile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't think it's going to cool down...

Nov 5, 2020, 7:58 PM

I'll say this, I think Biden is a dimwitted feckless placeholder... but I do actually think he won't be divisive and we might have the chance for everyone to chill a little bit, particularly if no big legislation gets through. He can be America's grandpa for a few years.

yeah, but I don't necessarily think Biden will be an issue

Nov 5, 2020, 8:04 PM

He might even try to lead from the middle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden will prevail; I’m ok with this ]

Yup. And the last thing we needed were the Dems charging into Washington with eight years of frustration, a blank checkbook, and full control over both chambers.

Trump has done some bonkers spending, but all that would have looked like to the Dems was precedent...and probably a dare. The blood chills, contemplating how much money was about to go flying into oblivion.

We needed a pause. We (hopefully) got one.

Let's take a breath and let things settle down before the Dems whip out the Wish Lists they've had in cold storage since 2010 and putting our grandkids' grandkids in hock up to their eyeballs, you know?

Nov 5, 2020, 7:43 PM

Good news, T3!

Nov 5, 2020, 8:42 PM

The observers are being permitted! Team Trump went to federal court because they couldn't figure out more ways to whine in state court, and... well, Team Trump finally admitted it was complaining about nothing.

In an evening hearing, U.S. District Judge Paul Diamond said the campaign admitted that its observers had been allowed into the venue but that they had not been given equal access or numbers as Democrats.

The federal judge seemed frustrated at times with arguments from the campaign.

“I’m sorry, then what’s your problem?” said Diamond, a President George W. Bush appointee, after Trump lawyers conceded that observers had been admitted to the facility.

Diamond urged both parties to seek a resolution to the suit by agreeing to a set of mutually satisfactory rules for observation. They ultimately agreed that a fixed number of observers from each campaign — up to sixty — could be admitted.

The suit was dismissed without prejudice.

https://whyy.org/articles/trump-asks-federal-court-to-stop-vote-counting-in-phiadelphia/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Good news, T3!

Nov 5, 2020, 8:56 PM

Nov 5, 2020, 10:07 PM

No, the judge suggested that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Nov 5, 2020, 10:09 PM

No, he dismissed it. Did you even read it?

Nov 5, 2020, 10:25 PM

Judge said this is dumb, go away.

- Jonathan Swift

Re: No, he dismissed it. Did you even read it?

Nov 5, 2020, 10:34 PM

Re: No, he dismissed it. Did you even read it?

Nov 5, 2020, 10:40 PM

You must have missed the part where Team Trump admitted that the observers were already being allowed in. Yes, you read that right. They admitted their Complaint was a lie. At that point they tried to complain that there was some sort of unequal treatment between Dems and Pubs. The PA Board of Elections got the case dismissed by saying yeah, we're not actually doing that. The Judge made fun of Team Trump and dismissed their complaint.

Again, not sure why you Dems hate transparency and following election law so much.

I love transparency and following election law. Fortunately, Team Trump admitted that the law was being followed after they lied in the Complaint.

- Jonathan Swift

Some more hilarity from the hearing.

Nov 5, 2020, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news, T3! ]

I'll try to hunt down the actual dismissal if it's been filed.

This is some A-1 lawyering right here:

A Trump campaign lawyer admitted before a federal judge on Thursday that observers for the campaign were allowed to watch ballot canvassing in Philadelphia, after they claimed in court and the President's supporters alleged they were being deprived unfairly.

But the federal judge was having none of it, instead asking Philadelphia city officials to confirm Democrats and Republicans were being treated fairly to watch the ballot-counting and that they were allowed to watch the ballot counting in the city from six feet away.

When the judge pressed the Trump campaign lawyer if there were observers in the room from the campaign, the lawyer, Jerome Marcus, said, "There's a non-zero number of people in the room."

The judge, Paul Diamond of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, a George W. Bush appointee, also pointed out he believed the President's case appeared to have no reason to be in federal court, and even cracked a joke that the lawyer "shouldn't quit his day job" when the campaign handed the judge a hand-drawn map of the ballot counting room.

After the judge confirmed the parties would have the same number of observers in the room, he dismissed the Trump campaign's request because it was moot.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-biden-election-results-11-05-20/h_b4d9bcf7ce3b065523d770f85edb1b7e

- Jonathan Swift

P.S. That link is correct, but you have to scroll down a bit***

Nov 5, 2020, 10:42 PM

- Jonathan Swift

Nope. The judge worked you and team Trump.***

Nov 5, 2020, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news, T3! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yep...divided government ok with me as well***

Nov 5, 2020, 7:44 PM

Nov 5, 2020, 7:45 PM

Pretty much exactly where I'm at.

I wanted Trump gone so much I couldn't see straight...enough that I was willing to stomach the probably-north-of-$4 trillion porkmania spending spree Pelosi & Schumur were going to dump on us from a standing start.

I'm actually really glad I don't have to stomach that.

Mitch McConnell does have to go, though. Simply locking up and refusing to engage on any level and making Evil Turtle Face while gleefully killing every bill that comes out of the House and poisoning the judiciary with far-right judges that mainstream Americans ultimately won't accept isn't governance either, and ultimately that's going to break the country too. Truthfully Susan Collins is probably the one who needs to be running the Senate mostly because she's one of the few who's actually successfully continued to do actual fair-minded business on both sides of the aisle...and she certainly isn't about to let the Dems spend the country into oblivion.

Whatever. One thing at a time.

Tell us more Fake Independent

Nov 5, 2020, 7:56 PM

Re: Tell us more Fake Independent

Nov 5, 2020, 8:01 PM

LOL. You really are an actual Fascist.

Anybody to the left of Adolf Hitler looks like a liberal to you, they really do.

Nov 5, 2020, 8:05 PM

Nov 5, 2020, 8:29 PM

How does one "pretend" to be an "independent" or "fiscal conservative"?

It's not hard. You do two things:

1) You don't consider yourself a member of either party, and...

2) You support fiscal responsibility and balanced budgets and put the breaks on big government and especially entitlement spending as much as possible.

I think I've got that pretty well covered. I know that's confusing because, well, you're a Fascist and everyone is either on your team 100% or they're an enemy and there's just no in between, but the real world isn't nearly that cut-and-dried.

Collins is hardly a liberal. She's a pragmatic Maine Yankee down to the soles of her boots and she'd laugh in your face if you called her a "liberal" because you obviously don't know her kind very well.

They are...a world apart from New York or Chicago, let's put it that way.

I read that last paragraph in this voice

Nov 5, 2020, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Tell us more Fake Independent ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6pRbwu4Pf0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hawhawhaw!***

Nov 5, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden will prevail; I’m ok with this ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 5, 2020, 7:46 PM

You're putting a lot of faith in Romney and Collins.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gridlock is good.***

Nov 5, 2020, 8:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Nov 5, 2020, 8:31 PM

Lol he's on the way to over 300 electoral votes and +5,000,000 popular votes and he doesn't have a mandate. You guys are great.

Nov 5, 2020, 8:36 PM

He's going to win by 5-digit margins in multiple states. Georgia and Nevada will probably be less than 20K.

That is not anything resembling a landslide - I'm still checking the Georgia ticker every twenty minutes - and certainly not a mandate.

That's Democracy surviving by the hair on its chinny-chin-chin, and that's about it.

...but it'll be much larger than T-Rump won by...***

Nov 5, 2020, 11:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic