Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biden sends
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Biden sends

Jan 21, 2021, 9:23 PM

National Guard troops to sleep in parking lots and in their cars. Guess they have washed their hands of the military, once again...as always.

Nice work Mr. President.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pfffft

Jan 21, 2021, 9:29 PM

He’s skinny dipping in the White House pool by now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both sides seem pretty angry at the Capitol police...

Jan 21, 2021, 11:05 PM

but it seems like they are being allowed back now or, at least, that's what they're telling Congressional leaders.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good to know you will be backpedaling chief

Jan 21, 2021, 11:15 PM

For the next 4 years. Good start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

????***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:16 PM

Re: ????***

Jan 21, 2021, 11:18 PM

Sorry my bad. I was trying to be funny and it wasn’t. My bad man.

So the Capitol police did it?

Jan 22, 2021, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Both sides seem pretty angry at the Capitol police... ]

Not Biden? Or did Biden order the Capitol police to do it? Not sure he has that authority.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

no bro, its Biden's term, its him time

Jan 22, 2021, 8:08 AM

to shine and he just shuffles them off like garbage. So going with precedent, this is on his hands.

Riiiiiight

Jan 22, 2021, 8:11 AM

You know, if you want people to take you seriously, you should consider getting your facts correct when complaining. It's definitely a valid complaint, but maybe find out the source of the problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

no, Biden had troops sleeping and

Jan 22, 2021, 8:14 AM

eating in a parking garage after cutting an initial 1000 jobs with the stroke of a pen.

Good start to 4 years.

In fairness to the point Mac's making.....

Jan 22, 2021, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Riiiiiight ]

We had kaboodles of people in here suggesting Trump had the Capitol Police stand down for the rioters. It actually seems less absurd that Biden would have the Capitol Police order the Guard to an ill-equipped parking deck, even if it's incorrect.

As I pointed out in a thread with quozzel, the Capitol police are under Congressional control, so probably not Biden, but there's definitely a (D) beside the person at the top of this, for those inclined to keep score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

keeping score is how we know who won

Jan 22, 2021, 8:25 AM

at the end.

This is Biden's Katrina. He has stood by while our fine men and women in uniform have suffered. There is no time to worry about chain of command or who is in charge. He is the President and he just needs to make things happen.

When it comes to politics, we all win.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:27 AM

Regardless of our viewpoints and needs in life, we can all sleep easy knowing that somewhere in Washington DC, there is a noble, honest, tireless, and selfless politician working to make sure our interests are heard and well-represented.

#PostLikeProdDay

Prodigiously Prod...***

Jan 22, 2021, 9:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, your post makes you look ridiculous

Jan 22, 2021, 8:28 AM [ in reply to keeping score is how we know who won ]

And completely takes away from the fact that yes, someone's head should roll for sending troops out to the garages. But your post cheapens that and just looks silly. It also shows that your concern isn't actually for the National Guard but just keeping score.

If you want to attribute real blame to Biden for how he treats the troops, let's start with his voting record for bad wars like Iraq.

But I'm gonna make a bet as to how you felt about Iraq when it first happened...

Re: keeping score is how we know who won

Jan 22, 2021, 4:43 PM [ in reply to keeping score is how we know who won ]

manac,

This was Biden's Katrina ? Really ?

If anyone was taking your complaint seriously before, this had to dissuade them that you are doing anything but trolling.

I remember when Trump was elected in 2016. I was completely surprised and dismayed. I felt strongly that he was unfit for the office. I worried that he would seriously damage the institution and the rule of law (I'm kinds prescient, that way)

But I did not flip my lid like you (& the other reactionaries have). I did not, on day 1, start trying to make my concerns come true. I actually hoped that I was wrong about my perceptions. I hoped that the country would do well under Trump, despite his shortcomings.

I feel sorry for you - that you have to react so irrationally - that you actually root for America & Americans to suffer, so that you can confirm your prejudices against Biden and Dems.

It is going to be a long 4 years for you - spending everyday looking for any little thing you can find to complain about - twist or blow out of proportion. And the saddest things is that all of your miserable ranting will continue to depress you but it won't mean ashitt to any reasonable person here. and it certainly won't make anything better going forward. Even YOU don't deserve all that.

Re: In fairness to the point Mac's making.....

Jan 22, 2021, 8:27 AM [ in reply to In fairness to the point Mac's making..... ]

Who said Trump ordered Capitol police to stand down? I believe the argument was that some of them might have been sympathizers or just in on it, not ordered by the president to do so.

But I'm glad we agree Manac's post is silly.

Maybe it was someone with a D by their name. Maybe it was just someone incompetent (which could be both).

Either way, placing appropriate blame (and some blame #### well should be placed here) is how you get a post taken seriously.

Dude.......your memory.......

Jan 22, 2021, 8:29 AM

Quozzel for one---he likes his conspiracies but he's a knowledgeable guy, and he (and many others) had it pegged as a top-down (i.e. Trump or someone cloes) inside job that the Capitol Police intentionally let people in.

It's less my memory...

Jan 22, 2021, 8:34 AM

And more that I can't read every post. I don't recall others claiming Trump gave an order to the Capitol police. It was more that some were complicit to the cause. A former police chief was interviewed on NPR the day after and said this was likely. It's not an outrageous assumption.

let me help your memory

Jan 22, 2021, 8:36 AM

Biden is in charge and he has a pen and a phone. You know, he learned from the best, so he can create change in a moment. I mean, he cut a 1000 jobs with that pen. He can for sure get a 1000 troops home too.

You're just acting like a buffoon

Jan 22, 2021, 8:41 AM

And you have zero concern for the troops. Making cheap political points under the guise of caring for them.

After all, you supported the overthrow of our government two weeks ago. You're opposed to those National Guardsmen.

who is in charge Cata?

Jan 22, 2021, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: In fairness to the point Mac's making..... ]

Biden.

Who is the President? Biden
Who has a pen and a phone? Biden
Who is capable of mobilizing thousands of troops? Biden
Who is the Commander in Chief? Biden
Who just had a Military Inspection while standing on the Capitol steps? Biden
Who was sleeping in his bed last night in the warm? Biden
Who was really cold and hungry and had to have a man in a wheelchair deliver food? Our Troops

Re: Riiiiiight

Jan 22, 2021, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Riiiiiight ]

All the BS that catahoula blamed on trump.....

And now he’s pretending to be objective. You people are so predictable.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Riiiiiight

Jan 22, 2021, 8:40 AM

When I gave him blame for something, he #### well deserved it.

Re: no bro, its Biden's term, its him time

Jan 22, 2021, 4:22 PM [ in reply to no bro, its Biden's term, its him time ]

manac,

If that makes you feel better . . .

I've asked this in like 4 different places now, and I still

Jan 22, 2021, 7:53 AM

haven't gotten anything resembling a square answer: what's the alternative?

Shell out taxpayer dollars for 5,000, or 15,000 hotel rooms? You totally wouldn't complain about that. What else? Quartering, like the British in the Revolution? Prima nocta? How does a couple days in a parking garage compare to the plush accommodations they get with 10 month Afghanistan tours? Tell me what should be happening here that would satisfy the roughly 74M people who have latched onto this apparent travesty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

5,000 troops. 2 bathroom stalls.

Jan 22, 2021, 7:58 AM

yeah, that's totally fair. There are plenty on both sides rightfully pisssed about this.

come on man, they need to stay in the

Jan 22, 2021, 8:05 AM

parking lot and get some good outside time and winter training.

We are not capable of you know, getting them on planes and sending them home.

that's the bigger question for me....why are they even there

Jan 22, 2021, 8:11 AM

who's still scared?

Re: that's the bigger question for me....why are they even there

Jan 22, 2021, 8:40 AM

old nancy and crying chuckie

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a banana republic style show of force to me***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:49 PM [ in reply to that's the bigger question for me....why are they even there ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should have dug latrines - that would have been top

Jan 22, 2021, 9:27 AM [ in reply to 5,000 troops. 2 bathroom stalls. ]

notch!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how about just, you know, be prepared

Jan 22, 2021, 8:02 AM [ in reply to I've asked this in like 4 different places now, and I still ]

they should have had logistics in place to get the troops home and back with family or back to their post.

Instead, the elite want the protection, but once again #### on everyone else.

do they really need them there now?

Jan 22, 2021, 8:16 AM [ in reply to I've asked this in like 4 different places now, and I still ]

send them home

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

It was an insurrection

Jan 22, 2021, 8:19 AM

do you not understand? We had thousands upon thousands of warrior like men that took over the Capitol, threatened lives and took a laptop from Nancy Pelosi's desk......wait that was a woman. But the point still stands. We MUST provide safety to the ruling class until they FEEL the threat has been minimized.

ok, I thought they went home***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: I've asked this in like 4 different places now, and I still

Jan 22, 2021, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I've asked this in like 4 different places now, and I still ]

19B,

I am not one of the 74M you referenced, but is think something better should have been done. I know that 25,000 is a lot of people, but the Capitol Building is a big place. And there are lots of federally controlled places in DC. There are also several military bases close by.

All I am suggesting is that you give those guys an indoor heated place to put a cot.

That being said, there are at least a dozen people with some type of authority to see that that place is provided before you get within shouting distance of Biden. A number of people dropped the ball on this one, but none of them was Joe.

Re: Biden sends

Jan 22, 2021, 4:21 PM

That was a shameful way to treat those guys. I cannot imagine how anyone gives that order without thinking - "that is fuckedup."

OTOH , I doubt that decision was made at the Presidential level

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic