Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Moderna
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Moderna

Feb 1, 2021, 7:16 PM

I got my first Moderna Vaccine shot today! No side effects. Hopefully we can get back to a packed stadium for football this fall! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Moderna

Feb 1, 2021, 8:19 PM

details?
age, locale, etc
I'm 65 & can't figure out the Chinese arithmetic of the SC program

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2021, 8:34 PM

Go to the CDC website and sign up. They will then send you an email to register if you qualify. At age 65, you do.
I have had first Pfizer vaccine with only a slightly sore shot site. Nothing else.
My 33 yo daughter had Moderna as a member of the trial. No side effects from first shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2021, 8:49 PM

Had my 2nd Pfizer last Friday. Little more soreness in the arm, then chills the next morning followed by some neck soreness. Was prepared as that is supposed to be normal and a good sign that immune system is responding. Be ready to start a two day ibuprofen regimen prior to the second Pfizer shot. Normal dosage if you can take it.

True. My Brother-in-law, a physicians assistant, got his

Feb 1, 2021, 9:21 PM

first dose in December because he is healthcare worker in a hospital. No issue at all on first shot, but second shot had him down and out for about 24 hours. He is only 50.

My parents, 82 and 80 got their first dose of pfizer on Jan. 20 and suppose to get second dose on Feb. 10. So I am expecting they might have a little more issue the second time, based on the above. But it is not unusual for someone to do fine on the first shot, but have a little more discomfort on the second shot.

Feb 2, 2021, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Moderna ]

TigerJS® said:

Had my 2nd Pfizer last Friday. Little more soreness in the arm, then chills the next morning followed by some neck soreness. Was prepared as that is supposed to be normal and a good sign that immune system is responding. Be ready to start a two day ibuprofen regimen prior to the second Pfizer shot. Normal dosage if you can take it.

Actually it’s advised not to take ibuprofen proactively BEFORE either vaccination dose. Though there is not data out yet, it has the potential to dampen the immune response. The immune response is what you want. It’s perfectly fine to take AFTER the shot when you when you start feeling any side effects.

Feb 1, 2021, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Moderna ]

I thought it's 70 right now in SC. Depends on state you are in.

Feb 1, 2021, 11:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Moderna ]

Unless the rules have changed 65 does not qualify ...... unless you are admitted to a hospital, at which time you can get the shots. Maybe that has been changed, but as of a few days ago that was it. I'm getting my second Wednesday. My wife got her second today.

Feb 2, 2021, 10:33 PM

You can go to GA at 65 and get it.

Where are you located? There are

Feb 1, 2021, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Moderna ]

Different ways to sign up depending on location

Feb 1, 2021, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Moderna ]

I read that Prisma is linking the vaccine sign up to "My Chart" and the governor has asked DHEC to drop the minimum age from 70 to 65. Hopefully more people can sign up more easily.

Congratulations. Bill Gates knows your every move now. LOL!***

Feb 1, 2021, 8:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations. Bill Gates knows your every move now. LOL!***

Feb 1, 2021, 9:23 PM

Smart phones tells him way more than a vaccine with a tracker ever could. Including everyone you pass gas out loud.

Re: Congratulations. Bill Gates knows your every move now. LOL!***

Feb 1, 2021, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Congratulations. Bill Gates knows your every move now. LOL!*** ]

And I get your sarcasm I’m just saying for the sake of conversation.

Feb 1, 2021, 9:32 PM

Had the second Pfizer vaccine Friday. Little sore in shoulder next day and tired but fine since then.

I got the 1st Pfizer shot last week at my local doctor's

Feb 1, 2021, 9:40 PM

office. Only a little soreness in the arm for a couple days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got my first Moderna Vaccine shot today! No side effects. Hopefully we can get back to a packed stadium for football this fall! Go Tigers!

I’m and 33 had the Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago after a change of heart because my wife is pregnant. It’s our first and it’s been a long 5 year journey and way more money than I care to discuss. I have access because I am a first responder. I had a crick in my neck and a sore arm for about 24 hours after the shot and a slight headache. Other than that I was good.

Feb 2, 2021, 9:57 PM

Congratulations, and prayers for a healthy pregnancy!

I’m and 33 had the Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago after a change of heart because my wife is pregnant. It’s our first and it’s been a long 5 year journey and way more money than I care to discuss. I have access because I am a first responder. I had a crick in my neck and a sore arm for about 24 hours after the shot and a slight headache. Other than that I was good.

Feb 1, 2021, 9:53 PM

I got my first Moderna Monday, also.

So...do you always have to get one shot and then

Feb 2, 2021, 7:36 AM

circle back for the next one?

Asking for press secretary Jen Sockey.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So...do you always have to get one shot and then

Feb 2, 2021, 11:05 AM

Love this response!

Feb 2, 2021, 8:11 AM

Got mine in Charlotte at BOA stadium, because I’m not 70. Lot of side effects for me. Freezing, headache, nauseous, serious fatigue. Kinda felt like the worst hangover I ever had X 10.

Feb 2, 2021, 10:03 PM

Those symptoms are common after a visit to BOA Stadium, so it's hard to say if your side effects were entirely from the vaccine.

hope you're doing better now!

I got the antibodies.. a little more problematic

Feb 2, 2021, 11:10 AM

But same result.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I got the antibodies.. a little more problematic

Feb 2, 2021, 11:11 AM

But same result.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Just my opinion but it looks to me like the vaccine........

Feb 2, 2021, 12:01 PM

distribution has turned into the haves and the have nots. I know people that are not 70 and not front line workers that have gotten the vaccine. Meanwhile, teachers are not able to get it yet. Its pathetic that an elected official can get the vaccine but a teacher can't. A friend of mine drove to charleston and got it because he was connected. This is a sad rollout for a vaccine.

Biden administration getting this rollout in gear now. Today

Feb 2, 2021, 1:04 PM

will announce shipments directly to drug stores as well as increased shipments to all states.

Feb 2, 2021, 3:07 PM

WV is getting it done.

All hospital staff done
All assisted living residents and staff done
All front line 1st responders at least the 1st does
All teachers 50 and older done
Most general medical worker at least 1st dose
We have the capability to give 125,000 a week, but are getting less than 30,000

The state had dropped the age to 70, but CDC said if you want more vaccine you have to drop the age to 65. I'm not sure why the federal government thinks more people in line at the drive thru, will help the line move faster.

Yes we have a smaller state with fewer people, but we also have fewer resources and remote locations. I think the key is, our governor is a business man instead of a career politician. He put the National Guard in charge of logistics, and they had a finalized plan 2 months before vaccines arrived.

(If you are are from north of the Mason-Dixon Line, do not move here. You will hate it here. If you are from the left coast you will hate it even more.)

Feb 2, 2021, 10:01 PM

I got my second Moderna shot today. No issues either time.

null

Re: Pfizer

Feb 2, 2021, 11:06 PM

Got my 2nd Monday. This evening got a headache muscle ache and tired. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

Feb 3, 2021, 6:36 AM

Got my second shot, Moderna, last week. No side effects on either. Wife gets her second shot, Pfizer, today.

Our governor, DeSantis, is doing a great job in spite of what you might read on national media. My county, Lake, is doing a great job as well.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic