Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biden Lifts Ban on Transgender Military Service Members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Biden Lifts Ban on Transgender Military Service Members

Jan 25, 2021, 12:05 PM

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-lifts-curbs-against-transgender-military-service-members-11611591850

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden Lifts Ban on Transgender Military Service Members

Jan 25, 2021, 12:06 PM

Is that good or bad?

Non-bigots find this to be good

Jan 25, 2021, 12:13 PM

Larger talent pool for the military, increased opportunity for transgender people.

Win/win

Re: Non-bigots find this to be good

Jan 25, 2021, 12:16 PM

I never served, so I don't what the argument against it was.

Same reason for Don't Ask Don't Tell

Jan 25, 2021, 12:24 PM

Phobias and ignorance leading policy decisions. A hallmark of the Trump presidency.

Jan 25, 2021, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden Lifts Ban on Transgender Military Service Members ]

Carl,

If you are in a firefight, do you care whether the person with the M-16 beside you has a dikk or not ??

So I can do a dude who's a girl?

Jan 25, 2021, 12:07 PM

Or if I'm a girl I can do a girl who's a dude?

I think this is actually a brilliant way to solve the stigma surrounding deployment brojobs. Nothing to be ashamed of if your bro has girl parts and vice versa, no?

Hey! Now Trump can join up!

Jan 25, 2021, 12:09 PM

Re: Hey! Now Trump can join up!

Jan 25, 2021, 12:14 PM

South Florida is changing him already.

Don't see the problem with this

Jan 25, 2021, 12:12 PM

if you want to fight and die for this country I couldn't care less what gender you feel like you are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Don't see the problem with this

Jan 25, 2021, 12:13 PM

Do we have to call them "silly buns"?

Jan 25, 2021, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Don't see the problem with this ]

I agree. It's such a minimal problem I suspect. First, there are not a lot of people who identify as transgendered. Secondly, a guy who identifies as a female will do well in the physical aspects of boot camp. A gal who identifies as a male will not do well on the physical requirements of boot camp. Any individual who can make it through the process and also deal with the in barracks harassment that is sure to be present is good by me to serve. That would be one tough individual.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 12:38 PM

Does the military have to pay for their treatment or what not? I am not concerned either way, but that doesn't seem practical on the surface.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/27/exclusive-report-shows-8-million-spent-more-than-1-500-transgender-troops-pentagon-dysphoria/2991706002/

We already spend more money on military than the next

Jan 25, 2021, 12:39 PM

10 countries combined. What's a few Weiner whacker surgeries?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: We already spend more money on military than the next

Jan 25, 2021, 12:45 PM

We have a ship in the US Navy destroyer that has rounds that cost 880,000k per round. It can hit targets 110k away. I looked it up.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't see the problem with this ]

I agree. While I am ok with transgender service, regardless of the percentage of the military budget spent on sex reassignment surgery, I am opposed to using any taxpayer money to do this. Sex reassignment surgery is quite expensive and if Uncle Sam is going to foot the bill, we may see more folks enter the military to game the system?

Jan 25, 2021, 1:19 PM

Do you really think there's going to be a bunch of transgender people rushing to join the military so that they can get sex reassignment surgeries covered? Doesn't sound all that realistic to me.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't see the problem with this ]

ron,

If someone is willing to risk their lives to cover their transition surgeries expenses, I am going to let that pass.

LOL, I should have read this first.

Jan 25, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't see the problem with this ]

I went searching and came up with the same article below...coulda saved a lot of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Jan 25, 2021, 12:43 PM

these poor people need mental help, maybe they can get it in the military. That is all I can hope for, but I would not want a woman who is now a man serving beside me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky for us, you're not a service member.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:49 PM

Sorry you missed your Trump party in DC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lucky for us, you're not a service member.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:56 PM

Doesn't get nuttier than Q believers.

And that is the problem. Our military will have to pay

Jan 25, 2021, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Liberalism is a mental disorder ]

for these people to get mental health.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Can't believe I'm going to ask a serious question here, but

Jan 25, 2021, 1:21 PM

Exactly what would that treatment look like?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Failing to care well for Americans

Jan 25, 2021, 1:21 PM [ in reply to And that is the problem. Our military will have to pay ]

suffering from gender dysphoria, overlooking the care they need, will not make our military more able or more lethal. This Biden EO is nothing to celebrate. More ppl have to reject this absolute nonsense narrative and explain the real health concerns and the costs. I guess since all issues related to biological sex and gender are sacrosanct according to the cultural prophets we won’t see journalists fact-checking this anti-science, costly, and destructive Biden EO, either.

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Here's my prediction.

Jan 25, 2021, 1:25 PM

It changes very little and hurts nothing.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Here's my prediction.

Jan 25, 2021, 2:16 PM

Skip to 1:03 for the relevant part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OeFeNMUStJs&list=OLAK5uy_nrCI-6Gw0YA-0ZesqOHH0Wt_TSj_GqrDM&index=8&t=0s

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our budget is a ####### trillion dollars

Jan 25, 2021, 2:36 PM [ in reply to And that is the problem. Our military will have to pay ]

And this dumb idiot is like "Oh noooooo we might have to pay for our service members mental health!" Like we get it crunch, things that confuse you also frighten you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz......

Jan 25, 2021, 2:46 PM

I love the logic that says "We spend too much already so yur dum if you think spending even more on people you know had issues when they enlisted is dum".

This is the worst argument ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A question and a point.

Jan 25, 2021, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Liberalism is a mental disorder ]

1. Why would it matter if you're in a war together?

2. I'm pretty sure no one currently in the military wants you serving beside them, either.

tell me what is NOT a mental disorder***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Liberalism is a mental disorder ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Being totally rad and awesome.

Jan 25, 2021, 2:13 PM

I'm a bit of an expert...AMA.

####, I'd be all for it... if I'm in a fire fight to the death...

Jan 25, 2021, 1:42 PM

I'd be screaming for the commander to call up that regiment of despondent, depressed and pizzed off gender-confused men/women/whatever... and hoping it's that time of the freaking month.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Biggest question I have......

Jan 25, 2021, 1:43 PM

will gender reassignment surgery be paid for by Uncle Sugar for enlisted folks now? Fuzzy memories, but that was the case towards the tail end of the Obama era.

was it service members or prisoners? I can't remember 100%..

Jan 25, 2021, 1:47 PM

but I think it was prisoners for some reason. Maybe it was both.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, just found this.....

Jan 25, 2021, 1:52 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/27/exclusive-report-shows-8-million-spent-more-than-1-500-transgender-troops-pentagon-dysphoria/2991706002/

you may be thinking of prison inmates... some idiot suggested

Jan 25, 2021, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Biggest question I have...... ]

that people incarcerated while in the middle of a gender transition should be able to "complete the process" behind bars. Presumably at taxpayer expense, of course. I remember Bill Maher ridiculing it this way: "Hey, rob a bank, get a free dink!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

check response to flow......

Jan 25, 2021, 1:53 PM

I'm not a fan of this if you're coming in with a known condition and getting some arbitrary cosmetic treatment for it.

But people wouldn't do that! Would they?? WOULD THEY?!?***

Jan 25, 2021, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Party in the barracks !!!***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:59 PM

As many have said, I really don’t care

Jan 25, 2021, 2:02 PM

Recruitment, Basic, enlisting and serving your country is more than I’ve done and completing all of that gets my respect (not that they care)

Serious question, I’m not knocking Biden for lifting the ban
Is this just a middle finger to Trump right now? And by right now, I just mean everything else going on seems really important vs this
I’d love to see the numbers on how many people this actually effects
Again, I really don’t care, just curious as to why this is such urgent deal

Re: As many have said, I really don’t care

Jan 25, 2021, 3:53 PM

Seems like a lot of middle fingers being thrown at us the past few days. But unity!!!!!

Jan 25, 2021, 3:59 PM

This may be a stroke of genius. A brigade of transgendered soldiers purposely utilized to fight Muslim insurgents would be great psyops. Muslim insurgents in men's skirts vs American women formerly known as men in pants.

Message was edited by: rons1®

Jan 25, 2021, 6:06 PM

Surprised no service members spoke up. Many of the posts are fairly naïve.

Medical costs are huge and are a significant element of the budget roll up.
There have always been strict health (including mental health) & medical requirements for military service. There are lots of legit reasons and they get more strict the closer you get to the pointy end of the stick.

Morale is a big issue. Front-line troops (i.e., not people working finance, cafeteria, etc.), believe it or not, do not subscribe to the bullchit PC way of working. Still today, it's no nonsense or somebody dies, even in training. There's no fcking whining by anyone about ridiculous liberal chit like using the right pronoun or getting your feelings hurt. F your feelings.

If you can operate in that environment as a tranny, have at it. But don't waste everyone's time trying to fit in somewhere that you don't and can't and end up risking everyone else's lives over it.

If you want to work in the Finance department, that's probably a better fit.

Jan 26, 2021, 10:58 AM

I agree with you NC_Tiger_. The purpose of the military as oft quoted, is to break things and kill people. The social engineers want to put square pegs in round holes and just because they deem something to be, doesn't mean it is.

As long as an individual can do the equivalent job as a male in the military, I'm fine with that. If a woman or transgendered person can physically cut the mustard to be a frontline combat troop, fine. If a woman or transgendered person cannot do so, then no allowance should be made to make everyone feel good.

Al Gore could have easily written a book on this subject and also entitled it-An Inconvenient Truth. There are fundamental biological differences in men and women. Having a normal to high testosterone level is useful in combat. Men and women are not the same. While gender identity may be fluid or dysmorphic in an individual's brain, the fundamental physical differences in the sexes remain constant.

If an individual can perform at the same level or better as an XY male, they should have a right to go for it. Otherwise, this is nonsense that even a child would recognize.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic