Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Buckeyes don’t belong in CFP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,353

Buckeyes don’t belong in CFP

Nov 27, 2020, 11:17 PM

I’m still not convinced there will be a CFP...

But Ohio State doesn’t belong if there is one...

Barring a cancellation..Clemson will play their 9th game tomorrow....

OSU has played 4 games ...
What a joke ...

Big Ten hasn’t made their players any safer..
But they effectively chose not to participate in the CFP with their late start ...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Season Is Tainted Anyway. It's Nearly Washed ---

Nov 27, 2020, 11:25 PM

Whoever wins this Covid Season of Championships will always get a side-eyed look because of how it all went down.

wtih two regular season games

Nov 27, 2020, 11:29 PM

to go and only having one postponed id say we did very good even if we dont get in the playoffs..beginning of the season i figured it would have gotten shut down by week 6

Nov 27, 2020, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: This Season Is Tainted Anyway. It's Nearly Washed --- ]

If there’s a CFP and it includes Bama and Clemson its 100% legit in my eyes...

The two programs alone represent most of the CFP games and championships as of late...

Nov 27, 2020, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: This Season Is Tainted Anyway. It's Nearly Washed --- ]

An asterisk title is better than no title.It was an asterisk season when there were early outs and the cancellations started to pile up. Trying to get to some sort of finish line before they blow the whistle. Unfortunately I think we fall short of the playoffs.

To be honest, everything about 2020 year is a fricken asterisk.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:47 PM

An asterisk title is better than no title.It was an asterisk season when there were early outs and the cancellations started to pile up. Trying to get to some sort of finish line before they blow the whistle. Unfortunately I think we fall short of the playoffs.

To be honest, everything about 2020 year is a fricken asterisk.

Amen!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and of those 4 they played

Nov 27, 2020, 11:25 PM

a record of 6-14

Re: Buckeyes don’t belong in CFP

Nov 27, 2020, 11:29 PM

I honestly don’t know what you mean.

Their only involvement in the CFP’s has resulted in a loss so I think they absolutely do belong in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 3:08 AM

Not counting the first one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Shhh. Rather see the nut necklaces than Florida,

Nov 27, 2020, 11:33 PM

Alabama or Texas A & M. Those three have better quarterbacks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shhh. Rather see the nut necklaces than Florida,

Nov 27, 2020, 11:38 PM

The Nut Necklaces. Good one. LOL.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:39 PM

I like beating the bucknuts! Part of me wants them in; so they can get spanked again. In my opinion, this years team is not as talented as last years. This years Clemson is better; "if fully healthy" than last years team! Clemson beat the nuts last year! They are quickly becoming what they were with Haskins at QB - just a passing team! Their run game is: "hope he can scramble for some yards"! If you are one dimensional BV will put a hurting on you!

As much as I like beating them though - I would agree! Not as much risk! Miami, Notre Dame, BC and Pitt for the moment all have above.500 records - UVA has a .500 record. GT, Cuse are just struggling - FSU used the pandemic to get out a tail-cuttin. Say what you will about the ACC - but to me it's far more competitive than is the Big 10. And, the Big 10 champ having that many fewer games - should not be allowed in - i.m.o.

I agree - there might be an asterisk next to this years championship if it happens! As long as it's beside the name: Clemson - it just doesn't matter in my mind!

Someone out there is saying: replace them with who then? Well, a team with more games and thus opportunity to lose. Cincinnati or BYU.

Can't you all just see them having the old school - "voted on championship"? I would hate it - because if you thought it is a popularity and who you know contest now - "it was a mid-west and northern state right back in the day" except for Bama! By back in the day; i'm going way back(20's, 30' 40's).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 12:11 AM

Personally, I don't believe they should be in either. B1g ranks teams so high and when they play each other, it looks like quality wins, same goes for sec. All based on pre-season or early season voting, as you say, popularity. But at the end of the year after bowl games and all, those ranked opponents aren't ranked so much anymore. CFP polls like they are now gives a much better barometer... But those polls would be imo, even more fair if there were zero polls.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than last year? Seriously?

Nov 28, 2020, 3:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Buckeyes don’t belong in CFP ]

There’s not a sane person on this planet who thinks our team is better than last year’s team. We are really good. But we are NO WAY better than last years team. The stats don’t show it, the level of play on the field doesn’t show it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,353
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic