Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best Road Trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,629

Best Road Trip

Aug 26, 2019, 1:27 PM

Looking for the best road game to travel to this year. We have made one road game a year since we've started here at CU, outside of the Carolina game. We are potentially looking at NC State or UNC. Just looking for opinions on either of them or should we consider the trip to Louisville? Any advice is much appreciated! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best Road Trip

Aug 26, 2019, 1:33 PM

Syracuse

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 26, 2019, 1:34 PM

NC State is just vile, pick UNC as it might be mostly orange in the stands anyway. Louisville is kinda odd, the town is great - just not the facility/venue. Fans have pencil beards. Sadly, 'Cuse might be one of the better options, sans UNC but that is also a "meh" venue, town is cool, not so much the dome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 1:37 PM

Thanks for that! Syracuse may be the best bet, as they will probably give us the best game within the ACC too. Have yet to make it to Chapel Hill either. Any spots in Chapel Hill that's a must hit? Bars, restaurants, etc.?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 6:55 PM

Haven't been to 'cuse, but seems like a good opportunity to fly into Buffalo and go to Niagara Falls on the front end or back end of the trip.

Syracuse - watch the fans

Aug 26, 2019, 1:59 PM

They were the worst bunch of drunks and horrible fans I have ever dealt with and I have been going to games for about 40 years

Stadium is old and a dump - may be good for basketball but it has seen better days.

City is old fyi.

If it was later in the year foliage is great on drive up (similar to BC)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Syracuse - watch the fans

Aug 26, 2019, 8:54 PM

I agree, I see many people saying Syracuse, but I will never go back. Worse fans I have ever been around, and yes that includes NC st. Might have just been where we were tailgating but I had a blast at NC st.
I have never been flicked off and cussed at so much after a game, and that was with Syracuse winning. I would have hated to see how they would have acted if they loss that game.

Re: Best Road Trip - I would say BC because of Boston

Aug 26, 2019, 2:01 PM

If you like history and big cities but you will have to wait until next year

I would like to go to Louisville to see certain things but haven't made it there yet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2019, 5:31 PM

#1 Louisville - we go yearly, just love the downtown and surrounding area.
#2 NC State - the IPTAY club down there are great hosts, highly recommend contacting them and join up.
#3 UNC - never been, it's got to be a better experience than #4
#4 Syracuse - the city is old & feels it. The Destiny Mall in Syracuse is 6 story shopping/dinning/comedy club/indoor go-cart track mega mall. Dinosaur BBQ has really good food and a must eat place. Niagara Falls is a few hours away and if you've never been worth the extra time to go. The campus itself beautiful but the Dome is a dump. The people of the area were nice, even after the game two years ago they were nice then, but the town as a whole is not pretty.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Aug 26, 2019, 8:43 PM

Next year it will b BC. Great city, lousy college football atmosphere. Went to the first away BC game when they joined the ACC. Got in the elevator at our hotel on Friday and a lady asked us who Clemson was and why we were there. Explained college football in the South to her. She then asked my wife and me if the game was in Boston or Clemson. True story and we were laughing too hard to answer. Great visit! Italian food in the north end is amazing.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,629
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic