Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best BBall player last 10 years?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,254

Best BBall player last 10 years?

Feb 14, 2021, 9:57 AM

Who’s been Clemsons best BBall the last ten years? Mcdaniels? Blossamgame? Simms? Anyone else?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best BBall player last 10 years?

Feb 14, 2021, 10:23 AM

Oglesby may not have been the best but certainly one of my favorites! Great 3 shooter.

KJ would be my vote for best overall.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 10:26 AM

Oh and Booker was fun to watch! His dunks were electric!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They weren’t within the last 10 years***

Feb 14, 2021, 2:26 PM

Re: They weren’t within the last 10 years***

Feb 14, 2021, 6:47 PM

Without a doubt, it's Lenny Bias (wrong spelling). He was the best there was, and he could be the best ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2021, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Best BBall player last 10 years? ]

Am I right that he is the only one to make it in the NBA for a length of time?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 14, 2021, 10:26 AM

Too many good one's ,IMO, to pick the Best, but hands down my Favorite was Milton Jennings.
Had my picture taken with him after a game and the photo had to be cropped to fit his tall 6'9" frame on my phone. He also signed my score sheet from that game.
Really a like able guy.

Probably McDaniels. Blossomgame a close second, with

Feb 14, 2021, 10:31 AM

Reed not far behind. Grantham would be up there too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 14, 2021, 12:11 PM

the way he finished out maybe Gabe Devoe

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demonize Stitt was probably not the greatest of that era

Feb 14, 2021, 12:23 PM

but I enjoyed watching him play as much as any!!! He poured everything he had into a game.

R.I.P. #2 . . . and thanks for all the memories!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stitt was a beast!***

Feb 14, 2021, 6:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll try to make my case... KJ most dynamic

Feb 14, 2021, 2:21 PM

And best player in the past 10 yrs. The man was so electric and could start a fire at the bottom of a lake! Almost every game he had a top 10 sportscenter something.
There is another who would have been the best player in that time if stayed his last 2 yrs. Terrence Oglesby was a great white put into the dolphin pool at sea world! He was the best pure shooter I have ever seen behind the three point line in game time ever. This man had to be guarded before he reached the half court line because he would knock down a 40 footer like a layup. He could do this from 1 sec into a game to .01 sec til game over. Unfortunately Purnell wanted to run that full court press and Terrence played 2 years because the game plan did not fit with his skill set. Oglesby was a diamond in the rough out of high school and came to Clemson then had a 1st year 3 point percentage of above 400! A lot of those shots taken with 2 duke defenders grabbing each leg and another holding his arms with even more of those shots lifting off from the paw! If he had played for FL St, UNC, Maryland, etc... then he would have been in the NBA but I Believe he loved Euro ball and those fans loved him! He never missed an All Star game and continued to be a step setter to the end. Just needed the right coach and he would be my pick for best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll try to make my case... KJ most dynamic

Feb 14, 2021, 6:25 PM

He is good on the radio too.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Re: I’ll try to make my case... KJ most dynamic

Feb 15, 2021, 12:39 AM [ in reply to I’ll try to make my case... KJ most dynamic ]

KJ would be the most talented with raw talent if I were asked to pick one. Not necessarily the best for NBA but the best talent at Clemson, pure God-given skill, KJ Mc would get my vote. Dude could jump through the roof.

NBA ready talent, there were guys much better prepared due to height, or physicality, or whatever. Jerai Grant was one of my favs but Booker was the best as far as NBA ready talent.

Feb 14, 2021, 3:49 PM

Uncertain Clemson has had a player of distinction over the past 10 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

K.J. McDaniels was first team all-ACC and ACC defensive player of the year in 2014.

Feb 14, 2021, 8:32 PM

I’d say that’s pretty distinguished.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

real shocker he didn't know that right?***

Feb 14, 2021, 8:59 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KJ is probably the best, JB is in the convo for 2nd along

Feb 14, 2021, 9:14 PM

with Stitt and Grantham's SR season, healthy Mitchell & Reed,SR season DeVoe, and Grant would be the 3rd tier, with Holmes, JR season Knoko, Eli making the 4th tier...Apologies for any I missed...I"m not including current players because their season/career isn't over

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 9:41 AM

BGame was the most consistent when he was the number one option. I think he was probably the best of the last ten years.

I think McDaniels was the best athlete, but not always the best player.

I think Grantham had and has the most potential.

Devoe had the highest peak and probably best year, but was more physically limited than the other three.

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic