Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bernie the white supremacist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Bernie the white supremacist

Feb 1, 2021, 7:33 PM

oozing with privilege,the woke knows it when they see it

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/S-F-high-school-students-get-a-lesson-in-subtle-15909700.php

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bernie the white supremacist

Feb 1, 2021, 7:39 PM

I’m glad that I do not have kids. I would lose my mind if my kids were subjected to an insane teacher like the one that wrote that article.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since I can't read it without a subscription, I'll assume

Feb 1, 2021, 7:56 PM

this is tongue in cheek. Bernie isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he's an OG when it comes to civil rights.

This is him 58 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no a highschool teacher said he was a white supremacist

Feb 1, 2021, 8:10 PM

San Fransisco

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She specifically does not call him a white supremacist

Feb 1, 2021, 8:50 PM

From the article:

"I mean in no way to overstate the parallels. Sen. Sanders is no white supremacist insurrectionist. But he manifests privilege, white privilege, male privilege and class privilege, in ways that my students could see and feel."

Her main point:

"I don’t know many poor, or working class, or female, or struggling-to-be-taken-seriously folk who would show up at the inauguration of our 46th president dressed like Bernie. Unless those same folk had privilege. Which they don’t."

I thought it weird Bernie was dressed like he was on his way to the post office more than a Presidential Inauguration (as did most which gave way to countless memes), but I disagree with taking that idea to a negative extreme like the writer of that opinion piece. Heck, Bernie got a million dollars (or more) donated because of the "weirdness" of his look. At the least, any privilege surrounding Bernie's attire during the inauguration is cancelled out by his raising money for the underprivileged.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

White priviledge

Feb 1, 2021, 9:22 PM

I had better not ever hear a teacher of any in my family use those 2 words

or what, you'll prove it?***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:12 PM

Re: or what, you'll prove it?***

Feb 1, 2021, 10:16 PM

We will have a conference. I’ve already had one of those. I won!! Got it removed from curriculum.

so, yes.***

Feb 2, 2021, 12:58 AM

Re: so, yes.***

Feb 2, 2021, 6:42 AM

You don’t know me. White priviledge my white butt.

So someone meeting with the school or teacher to

Feb 2, 2021, 7:05 AM [ in reply to so, yes.*** ]

Voice their opposition to a curriculum or policy is, in your opinion, an example of “White Privilege”?

null

Nope.***

Feb 2, 2021, 4:10 PM

Sooooooo...?***

Feb 4, 2021, 9:28 AM

null

"White privilege" was on a curriculum?

Feb 2, 2021, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: or what, you'll prove it?*** ]

Which state was this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: "White privilege" was on a curriculum?

Feb 2, 2021, 8:05 AM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now it’s not! SC.

What exactly were they teaching and which class?

Feb 2, 2021, 8:11 AM

Curriculum, for the most part, is pretty much set by the states, although local districts and schools have some wiggle room.

What exactly were they teaching?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: What exactly were they teaching and which class?

Feb 2, 2021, 8:19 AM

It was a course on admitting, accepting, and learning to apologize for white priviledge. Can’t remember the exact title but that was the basic course description. It was not a public school but regardless, that kind of racist teaching has no place in education.

Ah. At a private school. Makes sense.

Feb 2, 2021, 8:30 AM

I figured any public school teaching that in SC would have made the news.

Re: Ah. At a private school. Makes sense.

Feb 2, 2021, 8:35 AM

Correct. When they removed the course it was the end of it. They were actually gracious.

I'm not at all saying my worthy opponent is a pervert,

Feb 1, 2021, 9:55 PM [ in reply to She specifically does not call him a white supremacist ]

but he does it with a goat.

If I ever...

Feb 2, 2021, 7:42 AM [ in reply to She specifically does not call him a white supremacist ]

Start looking at funny memes and say, "You know, this is just white privilege," please take me out to the pasture and put me down.

ayyyoooo

Feb 2, 2021, 11:25 AM [ in reply to She specifically does not call him a white supremacist ]

it's now "white supremacist insurrectionist" eh?

Now that just ain't right, man. Some white supremacists didn't want an "insurrection", and some "insurrectionists" were black.

Re: Bernie the white supremacist

Feb 1, 2021, 9:36 PM

He’s the biggest racist in the US senate.

Welp, someone didn't read the article.

Feb 2, 2021, 7:43 AM

And sure we can find some much bigger ones than him.

How are you reading it? Do you have a subscription?

Feb 2, 2021, 10:19 AM

I can't find a way to read the article without paying, which...no.

null

So, a couple of tricks.

Feb 2, 2021, 4:39 PM

One, if you move quick on these types of sites, click in the article and do a fast CTRL+A and a CTRL+C. Then paste it to a Word document to read.

Second, just searching it on Google produced results of other articles discussing it. NY Post had it.

Thank you, Cata! I read the article...not too much more to

Feb 4, 2021, 9:28 AM

be said. The woman is a blind moron and exactly what we on the right point to when we say we do not want our children influenced by these people. When your only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail, and this teacher's hammer is race and gender context.

And I'm annoyed at myself that I never thought of the "Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C" trick.

null

Her arguments are silly, no doubt

Feb 4, 2021, 2:43 PM

But perhaps that not a condemnation of her ability on her job.

I had a bartender I really liked who would spout off wild conspiracies and sometimes get in heated arguments with you about it. But he was awesome at his job and most of the time a good conversationalist.

I changed my mind ... teachers should stay

Feb 2, 2021, 8:19 AM

At home as long as they want ...

Forever if necessary

The woke are the racists.

Feb 4, 2021, 11:12 PM

They can’t help but jump In front of blacks who are using realistic means to address legitimate racial issues. All the while feigning some sympathy for the cause. Woke is the new blackface. Trust me, they’re not helping and many blacks don’t want them involved.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic