Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Being real, can the Tigers beat the Coots without DW?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Being real, can the Tigers beat the Coots without DW?

Nov 18, 2014, 4:27 PM

I say we can if the coaches do their jobs, but then as I think about that I say no.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being real, can the Tigers beat the Coots without DW?

Nov 18, 2014, 4:28 PM

DW is playing.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nov 18, 2014, 4:30 PM

I hope you are right my friend, but I will believe it when I see it?

Nov 18, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Being real, can the Tigers beat the Coots without DW? ]

Nothing but good wishes for this incredibly good football player and good person with a great future. That being said I hope he's cleared to play by more than the Clemson "medical staff" that misdiagnosed Willie Korn's injury.

Would've said yes before GT; now I don't know***

Nov 18, 2014, 4:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we can beat Louisville and we can beat BC on the road

Nov 18, 2014, 4:29 PM

then we can beat the Coots in our stadium if our D is solid, our special teams is solid, and our O finds some running room like they did in the 4 wins we just got before the GT game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we can beat Louisville and we can beat BC on the road

Nov 18, 2014, 4:31 PM

Louisville didn't have their star receiver or running back in the game vs us. SC arguably has their best offense in years this year. Our defense WILL give up points to them and we don't have an offense that is capable of keeping up. Without DW, the loss is coming. Might as well prepare yourself now.

No sir. I will not prepare myself. In our stadium I have seen

Nov 18, 2014, 4:34 PM

things done to other teams that will make you weep with pain as an opponent and joy as a Tiger fan. I will stand tall and fight with my Tigers to the end. If we lose then I take my lumps but for me NO SURRENDER.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No sir. I will not prepare myself. In our stadium I have seen

Nov 18, 2014, 4:43 PM

Well that sounds good in theory but in this case, it's an easy way or hard way type deal. If we can't even muster a TD against GT, we don't stand a chance against that SC team. That's just being real.

That's like when people said there is no way a 2-6-2 Tiger

Nov 18, 2014, 4:50 PM

team will ever beat a 6-4 Coot team in 1976. Or a 5-5 Tiger team playing an 8-2 Coot team cannot win in 1980--NO WAY! It's real you can look it up.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude. GT>Usuc.

Nov 18, 2014, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: No sir. I will not prepare myself. In our stadium I have seen ]

And it's at home, not on the road.

It will not take a gargantuan effort to beat the coots, just not a crappy one.

If we don't turn it over, we will win. Even with Cole taking snaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude. GT>Usuc.

Nov 18, 2014, 5:06 PM

I would like to see Scott and Alexander return kickoffs. I would also add Crowder as a 6th lineman to give Watson or Cole extra protection and time. I also wouldn't mind seeing Jay Jay get a shot at running the ball on 3rd and short. I'd also like to see what Gallman could do in punt returns.

There are changes that need to be made to give the coots a look they're not expecting. Wildcat too!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude. GT>Usuc.

Nov 18, 2014, 5:11 PM

Yep it's time for CM to earn that check we have enough talent on O. It's time for chad to make changes and throw the kitchen sink at the Coots. If not it's going to be so predictable that it will be a long day.

Nov 18, 2014, 4:30 PM

Nope.

/thread

Absolutely....

Nov 18, 2014, 4:31 PM

but he'll have to play a d@mn sight better than he did in Atlanta. A d@mn sight better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Absolutely....

Nov 18, 2014, 4:34 PM

probably need a special teams td and defensive td to do it, but anything is possible. I just don't see it with Green returning kicks. He isn't quick and does not have a burst of speed either.

How 'bout Davidson on returns?***

Nov 18, 2014, 5:01 PM

Nov 18, 2014, 4:32 PM

Sure---we beat a decent Louisville team and a decent BC team without #4.....those teams are about as good...maybe even better than S Carolina

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

UofL was better, without a doubt***

Nov 18, 2014, 4:40 PM

Re: UofL was better, without a doubt***

Nov 18, 2014, 4:54 PM

Defensively yes, offensively not even close. You can rest assured spurrier will have a gameplan drawn up to make this a tough game on us.

I'm talking about the overall team

Nov 18, 2014, 5:09 PM

SC's defense is ranked 98th (6.39 yards per play and 442.3 yards per game), UofL's is 5th (4.43 yards per play and 285.7 yards per game). That's a difference of 93, and 157 yards per game.

SC's offense is 28th (6.14 yards per play, 461.7 yards per game), while UofL's is 72nd (5.36 yards per play, 387 yards per game). That's a difference of 44, and 75 yards per game.

I'm not saying this means Clemson is guaranteed success, but clearly the disparity between UofL's defense and USC's defense is a lot larger than the disparity between USC's offense and UofL's offense.

No...won't happen

Nov 18, 2014, 4:44 PM

Our loses to them recently have been mostly self inflicted and resulted from them being in our players heads...Cole's head is so far from where it needs to be there is no way we win with him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean honestly...

Nov 18, 2014, 4:46 PM

If Tajh couldn't get a win against them in 3 years, who in the hell thinks Cole can do it? DW and maybe Scheussler are our only hope. I'm completely done with Stoudt.

Snowball's chance in hades without DW***

Nov 18, 2014, 4:45 PM

YES........

Nov 18, 2014, 4:58 PM

If everyone does their job and we protect the ball. Actually, if we had done that against GT we would have had a lot better chance of winning. I understand that defenses are loading the box daring us to throw the ball, but our line should have the ability by now to push enough for us to run the ball with a decent running back. I have seen what Gallman and the rest are capable of and they are certainly better than "decent". I understand there are defensive fronts that we will not be able to manhandle, but we faced them already. Protect the ball and run the ball. I say focus on run blocking, we need to be able to run the ball effectively. We have not done that in awhile.

In games where Stoudt has played the majority of the game

Nov 18, 2014, 5:00 PM

The offense has manged...

Team (Scoring Defensive Ranking)
Louisville (10) - 9 points - Home
BC(23) - 17 Points - Road
Syracuse (38) - 16 Points - Home
Wake (68) - 34 points - Road
GT (45) - 3 points - Road (giving the first three to Watson)

South Carolina (103) - ???

When I stated this, I was actually very surprised at some of the rankings of the defenses we've played. When you compare them to SC, they are all actually much better. I expect SC to score 20 points or so, their offense is that good. I wasn't sure if we could get to 20 as the only team we've done that against is Wake, but in reality that Wake D has been every bit as good as SC's if not better. So if Cole doesn't make mistakes, I think we can win.

^^^ did this guy say Wakes D is as good as USuC??? what rock

Nov 18, 2014, 5:02 PM

do you live under? look who Wake has played, they suck out loud. Talk about a pumper

I didn't say it

Nov 18, 2014, 5:07 PM

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/28/p3

The NCAA did. Scoring defense. Yes I know SC has played better offenses, but the are 103, 35 spots behind wake forest. If you've watched SC play, they are truly bad defensively.

Wake's defense is actually much better than USC's***

Nov 18, 2014, 5:10 PM [ in reply to ^^^ did this guy say Wakes D is as good as USuC??? what rock ]

NOT POSSIBLE, have you watched our O against Wake, Cuse, BC,

Nov 18, 2014, 5:00 PM

and GT?????????????????

17 Point Home Dog w/o Watson***

Nov 18, 2014, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic