Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks.

Nov 28, 2015, 9:12 PM

I saw us win the national championship verses Nebraska in 1981 on TV as a young kid.

I finally got to Clemson in 1991 and graduated in 1995.

I saw us through Danny, through Hatfield, through Tommy then Tommy again.

I wrote Tigernet recruiting articles in 1996.

I witnessed the clouds roll in verses California and saw the steady demise of Clemson football over the next 20+ years.

We are 12-0 and sniffing the second college football championships ever.

I was there watching McNab toast the Ford twins and embarrass us in the rain down in Florida.

I walked out of the roach today proud has hel!. Stop the BS people. ENJOY IT!!!! Could be a LOT worse!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks.

Nov 28, 2015, 9:14 PM

Some people just can't be happy. I'm as proud as I've been with 30 years of Tiger games watched.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too!***

Nov 28, 2015, 9:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 2:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks. ]

So you got to know how proud I am with 53 years of going to and watching on tv, if not, then I'll tell you, second best season I can remember, and as proud as a 15 year old boy when he get his first fluff!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks. ]

I have memories, terrible memories, of sitting at Grant Field year after year and watching our Frank Howard teams get embarrassed by Tech. But I was also in Miami when we won it all in 81. I've been going to Clemson games since the sixties and what we have now is the best of the best. We are at the top of the mountain and let's enjoy. What do we have to complain about? Go Tigers!

Nov 28, 2015, 9:15 PM

U sound like a guy who would be "very, very proud of those youngsters"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

loved Danny and love Dabo too***

Nov 28, 2015, 9:42 PM

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!***

Nov 28, 2015, 9:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ this guy gets it***

Nov 28, 2015, 9:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 9:19 PM

Thank You, Go Tigers!

Nov 28, 2015, 9:21 PM

Thank you for putting things in perspective!

Thank you! Go Tigers!***

Nov 28, 2015, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks. ]

is anybody complaining about being 12-0?

Nov 28, 2015, 9:28 PM

Haven't seen it if so

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're a mean one, mr grinch.***

Nov 28, 2015, 9:44 PM

Move on...

Nov 28, 2015, 9:28 PM

I attended my first Clemson ballgame 59 years ago. I'm thankful for victories. We won #12 today, so let's move on to #13 next week in Charlotte, and figure out a way to beat UNCheat. If DW4 keeps playing like today, and we eliminate the turnovers, and (please, God!) get the Defense playing again, we're unstoppable!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 9:30 PM

I have been going to Clemson football games for 48 years. I graduated from Clemson and was at the Orange Bowl when we won our National Championship. Ditto to what was said here by Pacific Beach Tiger.

It is very tough being the hunted and the pressure has been immense on these kids but they have persevered. Give them credit and support and enjoy the amazing season. Winning is what matters.

Nov 28, 2015, 9:51 PM

I'm right there with you, Pacific Beach Tiger. I have also been to the top of the mountain with the Tigers in 1981 and trudged through the valleys during the post-Danny years, when we were just trying to find our identity. Now, thanks to this coaching staff and outstanding group of young men,our Clemson Tigers are right where we have dreamed to be for so long, and that is on EVERYONE'S mind and constantly in the national conversation. Thank you, Coaches and Players for giving it your all week in and week out. It's not a beauty pageant, nor is it a sprint race. This is a long distance endurance race and the finish line is now in our sights. Enjoy the ride Tiger Nation and GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks man. We understand were we come from.***

Nov 28, 2015, 10:21 PM

Nov 28, 2015, 9:55 PM

Well stated. Some on here act like we lose if it isn't a blowout. I am so proud of this team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too.***

Nov 28, 2015, 10:22 PM

Nov 28, 2015, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks. ]

Member of IPTAY since 1973, trust me, Enjoy the Win over the Coots

Nov 29, 2015, 2:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Been going to games for 30 years...listen up folks. ]

Well then they should go and look at the scores in 1981!!! And scroll down to the schedule, and especially look at the Tar Hole score...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Clemson_Tigers_football_team

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 5:05 AM

I think it's gotta be those 18-30 year olds that are the ones that are whining about how we're winning.

..and if I remmeber correctly, our victory over SC in 1981..

Nov 28, 2015, 10:35 PM

..wasn't exactly perfect either; they scored on their very first possession and stopped us on ours. We didn't score until I think it was Johnny Rembert who blocked a punt and then we gradually pulled away.....

Nov 29, 2015, 2:23 AM

I talked to my dad and he was there and he said that 1981 was so scrappy. They left it all on the field and you could sense something great was about to happen. He said he has the same feeling about this team. He said they are peaking sooner than he thought. He said next year was this teams year. But the way they are being coached, the players they have is growing on these kids. They have great coaches and great players that have bought in. You can hear them every time they speak. The are saying the exact same things the coaches are saying. That tells you they are soaking up every bit from these coaches that they can. I am proud of these kids regardless of how this season turns out they have put a smile on my face. I love the fight they have. All those seniors last year left an imprint on these kids. They learned from them and are doing exactly how they did. Teaching these younger kids the ropes and making them better. GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I witnessed the clouds roll in verses California

Nov 29, 2015, 7:04 AM

What a baddddd bowl game that was.I watched that game with my brother in law at his house in Sumter.I was thinking to myself as the game went on "man we are going to lose to a wuss team from the west coast".Bad memory. lol

Re: I witnessed the clouds roll in verses California

Nov 29, 2015, 8:36 AM

California was probably the third best team in the country that year. They beat some good teams. We got rooked having to play them because of the bowl system tie ins at that time. Not to mention the extra travel to Japan near the end of the seaon and the defensive line issues before and during the game. It was a perfect storm against us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I witnessed the clouds roll in verses California

Nov 29, 2015, 9:05 AM

I was checking California's record in 91 and they had some good wins but still it was tough to lose to "Berkeley". It was also for me the final realization that the "Danny years" were really gone and that we were stuck with a poser in Hatfield.Just a bad time in Clemson Football all around.

They had a good RB and QB on top of that Ed McDaniel,

Nov 29, 2015, 9:38 AM

,0ne of our best defensive players, got sat out for cursing at the pep rally.

He told the crowd to say "ain't ####" when he said "Cal" as he had the mic on stage. That followed the Cal MC saying that Cal had more noble prize winning grads and why they were going to win.

Needless to say, it was an awful couple of days.

being out there was worse man, so bad***

Nov 29, 2015, 9:32 AM [ in reply to I witnessed the clouds roll in verses California ]

I endured all that and say AMEN! ******

Nov 29, 2015, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 9:53 AM

My first season as a student and fan was 3-8 under West. Then obviously we trudged through about a decade of close-but-not- quite under TB. So my sample size is smaller than some of you folks. But lots of our message board fans are downright intolerable right now. Can't enjoy this awesome ride. Try beating Miami, then losing to Duke on a 53 yard field goal.

We're in tall cotton right now, and I feel bad for anyone who can't enjoy it.

AMEN brother! Go Tigers!!!***

Nov 29, 2015, 9:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Nov 29, 2015, 9:58 AM

AMEN ___ME TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY THE MOMENT** _________It's not easy to get ""where we are"" or where we want to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Nov 29, 2015, 1:05 PM

I've been going or watching Clemson football since 1956 when I was a kid and have seen really good times and really bad times. We need to enjoy the moment and remember, the goal right now is just win and advance. One point or a hundred does the job. Let's just chill and enjoy this ride because you never know when it may end (ask the Gamecocks about this).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 1:07 PM

Great post OP.

Nov 29, 2015, 1:13 PM

Welcome aboard young fellow - sorry you missed out on the Howard teams.

Nov 29, 2015, 1:55 PM

I feel like there are 2 types of clemson fans out there. Old school tiger fans know how to weather storms and dont panic. They also know when to stop and smell the roses. The new school tigers get too caught up in the media and perception. Im not trying to down anyone. Love all my tiger fans. In the end we are here to cheer on our tigers through good or bad times. Right now just happens to be a great time to be a tiger. So dont spend time worrying and instead cheer. Its All In or nothing.

yes, don't pinch me.....let me continue to DREAM

Nov 29, 2015, 2:16 PM

I was at the 56-0 loss at Alabama game in Tuscaloosa ...
Wet Gator bowl disaster with McNabb and company..
1977 Gator bowl horror when Pitt destroyed us..
the Orange Bowl when WVA blew us out of Miami...
but...also
The GLORIOUS Orange Bowl in 01/14 beating THE Ohio State
and the TOP of the Mountain in Miami Orange Bowl for the National Championship

not sure how we got sooo lucky to have the amazing group of players and coaches
that we have now, but NO Complaints here

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2015, 2:36 PM

You just described my history as a Tiger fan exactly( except writing for Tnet). Same age even. This is as good a football year as I could have imagined. I thought we'd be 9-3 and heading to Nashville. Still alive to win it all!

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic