Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Love Dabo's Surprise Offer Today...And Why You Should Too...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,932

I Love Dabo's Surprise Offer Today...And Why You Should Too...

Jan 21, 2016, 10:35 PM

Like most everyone else, I was surprised to see the news about Turner's offer and commitment today. Maybe "shocked" is the more appropriate word to use to describe my initial reaction.

But after thinking about it for a few minutes, I believe it's an absolutely genius move by Dabo and his staff.

To start, while I respect the ranking services and their ability to identify and rate talented players, I think we all know that they don't ALWAYS get it right. They miss, they overrate, they underrate, and despite their all-knowing guru pundits, they overlook talented players who slip through the cracks and who go on to have successful college careers.

In no way do I claim to have any insight or inside info on this young man. But I know this...Dabo did. And, given his track record, who are WE to question the leader of this program who has time and time again proven "the experts" wrong?

I mean, let's be honest...how many of us were predicting a National Championship Game appearance and booking rooms in Arizona when we heard that Hunter Renfrow had earned a roster spot? And yet, look at the impact that he had on the biggest stage in the biggest game.

Dabo saw something in Renfrow...and he saw something in Turner. We don't know what it was, but honestly, it's not our place to question it.

Last, and more importantly, I think it's a great move by Dabo to walk into Alabama and pick this young man out of nowhere.

This is an "all in" move in Bama's back yard. Dabo has some unexpected scholarship room to play with. He has a need, and he certainly can't just bank on the hope that we will get some last minute commitments. He has to be aggressive, and he has to be a risk-taker, and that's exactly what he did. He's taking a shot on this young man.

It's brilliant.

If Turner never materializes as an impact player, most people will never remember today. But if he does...if Dabo and his staff are right on him...then he just walked right into Alabama and placed a recruiting stake under the Crimson Tide's nose...and everyone will then know that Dabo has infiltrated that state (as a recruiter), and that he is a judge of talent that high school players from Alabama need to pay close attention to, despite what the "experts" (and the "fan board quarterbacks") might have to say in their rush to judgement.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because his Dad was an Eagle...

Jan 21, 2016, 10:41 PM
image.jpeg(59.6 K)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hear-Hear!

Jan 21, 2016, 10:46 PM

Yep, I concur 110%!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Love Dabo's Surprise Offer Today...And Why You Should Too...

Jan 21, 2016, 11:00 PM

The rating services can definitely miss good players. A lot of the rating depends on performances at camps, combines, etc. Many players do not go to any of those. Some players live at them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,932
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic