Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The problem with people telling Deshaun Watson to just be quiet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The problem with people telling Deshaun Watson to just be quiet

Feb 6, 2021, 12:06 PM

stems from a lack of awareness of how professional sports work today.

Today, it is player-focused. They get huge contracts, signing bonuses, crazy endorsement deals, etc. Making stars happy is the way things are done now. So when Deshaun is asked for his input into key decisions, and then his input is ignored and he’s not even given the courtesy of knowing the decisions that were made, he’s naturally going to feel disrespected.

Deshaun has a right to be mad, given the circumstances.

Now, in a normal environment, where employees aren’t coddled to the point that they think the world revolves around them, and they are respected but not given too much power, he would be expected to fulfill his contract and not demand a trade. That environment went away decades ago when we decided that athletes are to be worshipped and given larger roles than they should have - within the team structure and within society.

Deshaun is not out of line, and I wish people like #### Vermeil could understand why.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Be careful

Feb 6, 2021, 12:08 PM

Some of the old guard around here will call you a liberal or a democrat for talking like that! Lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly JK very well put! ***

Feb 6, 2021, 12:17 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The problem with people telling Deshaun Watson to just be quiet

Feb 6, 2021, 12:22 PM

I'll beet Houston wishes they had never said he would be consulted. Most times players arent. They opened this can of worms and he expected them to follow through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 1:03 PM

So would anybody else. I say that it his bizness, and what ever he does was his choice, and everybody else would be better served tending to their own bizness!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun is trying to do what’s best for his team

Feb 6, 2021, 1:10 PM

I see it from a different perspective. I have always(most of the time) been a hard worker dedicated to my employer regardless of the job, willing to do anything. I believe you work as though your doing the work for God.

In Deshaun’s situation as a rookie he didn’t get to choose which team he will work for unless he uses his value to change the situation, he is a contract worker paid by his skill level. (Eli Manning exception)

The jobs & teams are not equal and I believe we would all agree Deshaun has given it his all regardless of his team.

In professional football the best QB’s has 7-10 years of being at their best if they stay healthy. Deshaun played his first 3 seasons well enough to warrant a incredible contract because they wanted to keep him over the next 4-5 years before he signed they made him promises they haven’t kept that would have given him a better chance to stay healthy in Deshaun’s mind. His health is critical to him being able to make money over the next 10 years or more. If he gets hurt like Joe Theismann did his ability to make money ends.

I believe Deshaun knows they lied to him so he lost his trust in them keeping him healthy with a decent Offensive line, & he lost his WR’s who could help him release the ball quicker so his chances of injury are much greater. I believe he is trying to make a business decision that would pay him less now but would keep him healthy over a longer period.

The NFL is the not for long league, that will trade you in a minutes notice at anytime regardless of your contract to make the team better. They have no loyalty to any player especially a hurt one but they want Deshaun to show loyalty to them by not trying to better his team/family for the long term while his health is intact along with his skill.

Deshaun will give it his all no matter where he is & he has proven that the last 3 years & his whole life. Would you want to continue with Houston after running for your life for 3 years knowing they lied & they’ll ship you out in a heartbeat the moment you get hurt or would you look for a place with more protection & a longer career.

It’s really Deshaun’s choice because in the NFL you don’t have loyalty the moment you don’t perform or get hurt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Your obvious contempt for Deshaun Watson seems misplaced

Feb 6, 2021, 1:15 PM

at best.

Thankfully, you are in the underwhelming minority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What contempt for Deshaun Watson?

Feb 6, 2021, 1:59 PM

You’re joking, right?

I’m defending him. Please reread my post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dickosaurus means well ...

Feb 6, 2021, 1:16 PM

He's just from a different era when HC's ran the team. Ironically, DW4 has been very quiet. And truth be told, the world no longer cares what Vermeil has to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I definitely understand where Vermeil is coming from.

Feb 6, 2021, 2:01 PM

From his perspective, Deshaun is paid very well and agreed to his current contract.

In a perfect world, this wouldn’t be an issue. But the NFL isn’t reality. The rules are different, and that isn’t Deshaun’s fault. I don’t blame him for being mad.

Feb 6, 2021, 1:21 PM

I wish we did not pay these athletes what they are paid and that they were treated like employees and not co owners. I am not saying that these super star athletes shouldn’t be paid millions, but in my opinion the salaries have gotten way out of hand. I go to work everyday unhappy and usually feeling disrespected, but it is my choice and, I love my family more than anything so I deal with anything I don’t enjoy everyday at work and keep coming back for more. Is it too much to expect super star athletes to do their job to the best of their abilities and leave the management and organization decisions to the people that are paying their salary. For the record, I love Deshaun and understand where he is at with Houston even though none of us really know all the details so please don’t see this as a bash against DW. I once talked to DW at a habitat for humanity project and he is everything we have heard he is from the people that know him. I wish nothing but the best for DW and am excited about him leaving Houston.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 1:40 PM

Love Deshaun but I agree with Vermeil.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2021, 2:09 PM

DeShaun owes nothing to no one....Until some of these athletes or pundits do some of the sh*t that this kid does in his spare time as far as charitable work then they can talk...The one time the kid takes stand for his best interests he gets blasted./..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic